Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Red Dawn

Discussion in Movies started by Badgriuel, Aug 12, 2012

1. Jul 20, 2010

Hmmmm Red Dawn remake :grin: But this one seems to follow the story from the game Homefront seeing as the North Koreans are the attackers in this one. Hmmmmmm this might pave the way for Homefront 2 might have to watch this movie.
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    I was sold on this movie the second I found out Isabel Lucas was in it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  3. Jul 20, 2010
    It looks good from that trailer, hopefully they do a leading up to the invasion not just a hey North Koreans are coming out of fucking no where lol.
  4. Nov 29, 2010
    I really liked the emotional moments that Homefront put in, really added a truly human element to the game. I hope this movie has the same to offer.
  5. Jul 30, 2012
    Should have used china.. NK sucks
  6. May 5, 2011
    Man checked out the trailer looks pretty good, love action movies like these :smile:
  7. Dec 6, 2011
    Josh Peck now is unbelievable compared to his old self. I award that dude for having such a great transformation. Before I wouldn't have been able to take him seriously in a movie like this, but now he is starting to become a small badass.

Might watch, I just hope it isn't all corny. =\
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    This. Looks. Awesome.
  9. Mar 4, 2012
    Lol @ the idea that NK could develop some secret weapon that would mop the floor with our military. I don't know what's more ridiculous that or the idea that NK could mount the resources to even mount an invasion against us let alone South Korea. Hell they can't even feed their own damn people.
  10. Jul 20, 2010
    Some of you people might want to go play the game called Homefront just saying. You might get a clue to why North Korea is the country attacking us :grin:. Hopefully this ties in with a Homefront 2 :grin:, because the ending to it was soooo good made me shed a tear and want a sequel to it. Also fyi Homefront's story was done by the writer for Red Dawn and Apocalypse Now so people can get some more info on it.
  11. Dec 30, 2011
    China doesn't have the 'commy' feel it used to have, it's not as mysterious as it once was, and I know how much you yanks love commies as bad guys. I.e. In the past it was mainly the USSR

Today there is only two true communist countries, they are North Korea and Cuba. North Korea's a better choice than China I feel
  12. Aug 1, 2011
    Hollywood, no longer making new movies, just remaking classics.
  13. Apr 7, 2012
    Looks stupid.

Red Dawn was a crappy movie, and Homefront was a crappy game.
  14. Jul 25, 2012
    Eh I liked the first one, this one looks good but kinda meh at the same time.

I like the way they showed all the Coots flying.
  15. Jan 21, 2011
    It originally was the chinese. They re-shot a couple scenes and digitally changed some symbols to make it north koreans. The chinese movie market is apparently very profitable. I don't see why you guys are saying this game is somehow referencing homefront...
  16. Jul 20, 2010
    How dare you, Red Dawn as a great movie every time its on AMC I watch it :grin:. Homefront was a good game also really pulled at your emotions when playing it especially when you are in local baseball field that is being used by the North Koreans as a mass grave for all the people they've killed.

They only way to make the North Korean plot work is by drawing from the Homefront game at this point. I know it was originally the Chinese since only semi-communist country that can field an army big enough to maybe try it, but they lack the heavy lift ability and transport ability. I hope they did pull from the Homefront plot a bit so at least what plays out in the movie can make some sense.
  17. Jul 30, 2012
    Red dawn was a good movie home front was not a good game
  18. Jul 20, 2010
    Homefront had some problems but the story to it was amazing :grin:
  19. Feb 21, 2007
    did Thor lose his hammer again?
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Mar 12, 2008
      Nah, Heimdall taught him how to use guns