Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Reduce/Disable Knife Knockback?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Ray, Apr 19, 2011

Should the Knife Knockback be reduced?

Yes. it can be used for greifing purposes 7 vote(s) 15.2%
No. It's part of the game. 39 vote(s) 84.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 18, 2006
    Been receiving quite a few complaints lately...

Vote. I've temporarily reduced it so people can get a good idea on what the change would entail.
  2. Feb 15, 2011
    IMO it is part of the game and particully usefull when the zombies spawn at the wrong spot and there is a overpopulated spot that cannot be reached without this feature.
    I agree it is not cool to get knifed by a launched zombie but when it happens, just take a good laugh and keep on with the game.
  3. Apr 18, 2011
    This is one of the quickest ways to turn a boring map / skill imbalance into a lot of fun. Also, it makes humans have better defense. Keep it!
  4. Oct 29, 2010
    It's fun(ny) and pushes round progression, keep.
  5. Nov 30, 2010
  6. Mar 30, 2011
    its fun way to keep the maps interesting, keep it
  7. Aug 18, 2006
    Well, looks like we keep it. Reverting changes now. Just don't come to me when someone starts abusing this. :/
  8. Dec 7, 2010
    Again, please do not let a few vocal opponents (to put it nicely) ruin gameplay for the vast majority of players who enjoy the benefits of knifing. I have no doubt that the vote results will show that 90% enjoy the ability to knife zombies.
  9. Aug 2, 2010
    Disabling this on the ZE server would be helpful. That way 1 human can't screw over his entire time by using this lovely feature.
  10. Feb 1, 2011
    This. I can understand how knife KB can be an issue on ZE, but it is part of the way we play on ZM, and it makes our servers that much more unique and fun IMO. Only exception is when it is used for early nuke on ATIX - that's griefing.
  11. Jan 21, 2011
  12. Apr 9, 2007
    I hate this 'feature'. From what I've seen, it's only used to make others rage by holding out in a room, but having a "friendly" human launch zombies in. It's just complete fuckery to me, it's intentional trolling. Another example of this is in Little City in the house, Crazy City on a roof or on the trucks, Lila Panic on the red crate, etc. Every map this destroys gameplay and promotes trolling.

However, if it's this liked... I may be wrong. 90% of the time it's just a tool used to aid griefers, none of the above examples are valid for what this does.

To be clear, outright disabling knife knockback would be really silly. It's the "Launched" zombies that this was supposed to be about.
  13. Aug 18, 2006
  14. Aug 2, 2010
    Then why did you backpedal after giving me the go away last night? Fuck the vote, just go with reduced KB. Any tools used by griefers should be taken away without a vote as leaving it around just pisses off more people than if the tool were to be taken away. The high knife KB has absolutely no benefit for CTs just playing the game the way it was intended in any way shape or form.

I heard it was legal so I did it once today though <3.
  15. Jun 4, 2006
    I do it once in a while but I never direct my aim, only if I'm running by and some random zomb doesn't notice me. I do it for that very brief moment of suspense, WILL I GET CAUGHT IF I STOP TO DO THIS INSTEAD OF RUNNING OR WILL I BE ABLE TO LAUNCH HIM AND HE'LL TURN AROUND AND BE ALL LIKE 'OH WTF' AND SEE ME RUNNING AWAY, THUS INCREASING THE EXCITEMENT OF RUNNING, CAUSE HE'LL BE CHASING ME NOW TOO, AND CLOSER.
  16. Sep 25, 2010
    The only good argument I would say is that it keeps rounds going and balances certain maps. Nevertheless it is a griefing tool and unfair to the humans and must be made illegal(not reduce the knife kb). Instead make zombies faster/give them better stats to balance things out.
  17. Dec 7, 2010
    I personally find it as an entertaining part of the game (yes, even if I am the recipient of the zombie catch).
  18. Apr 9, 2007
    Awesome. I can't wait to start using this feature ingame!
  19. Feb 21, 2007
    it should stay. I dont see how its a problem. As there is not a human standing outside a barricade (who doesnt get knifed) trying to launch zombies inside a barricade. However humans should not be griefing (like on atix where u launch a zombie to get the nuke early)
  20. Feb 23, 2011
    Its hilarious man.. dont remove it pls.. I have been on the receiving end numerous times.. It adds a new dimension to the game.. why take it away.

And come on.. its just a game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.