Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resource Reduce (Or remove!) flying error particles.

Discussion in Resources & Tutorials started by Syoudous, Dec 2, 2012

1. May 25, 2012
    Hi. I've talked to @Enviolinador on this for awhile now. All thanks go directly to him. Anyway, It's an easy fix. I have included four files in the download below: Error_Original.pcf, Error_New_Red.pcf, Error_New_Light.pcf, and Error_Removed.pcf. Some mappers tend to like throwing particles and spewing out a bunch of mess until they finally have something they like. When you're playing a map like ze_paranoid_rezurrection_v11_5, ze_destruction_of_exorath_v5, or ze_parking_v3_1 for example... Things get out of hand and the flying X's start going all over the place and can awfully lag because something went wrong. That issue has yet to be determined and we see error particles floating about. Soooo...

The "New" changes simply have replaced the X's you see to something less awful looking, adjusted slightly and disappear quicker while keeping it mostly the same. I know some mappers like having items as particles that appear in front of you as a sign that the item is recharged and ready to play. So I kept it noticeable and mostly the same but less intrusive. I prefer simplicity.

I've included the original error particles for those who want to quickly adjust to their liking just as I have. You can also remove the error particles completely so they don't appear at all in-game but be aware of what I said above how some mappers use particles. Unless you don't pick up said items and just want to completely remove the annoyance then I'm with you!

Enjoy? :smile:

Screen shot:
    I couldn't get a decent in-game screen shot but they're there and they work.

Installation: Navigate to ...\Steam\steamapps\(username)\counter-strike source\ and place the cstrike folder there. Then proceed to cstrike\particles\ and rename the particle file you wish to use. Make sure it's error.pcf otherwise you will not see any changes in-game!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?d3s9f2cwjc23f2n
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
      Syoudous, Dec 2, 2012 Last edited by Syoudous, Dec 2, 2012
    • Feb 14, 2012
      Thank you.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Wow this would be lovely, also for my videos, as those X's are pretty strange and unappropriate (typical something for Valve) :thumbsup:
    • Jul 4, 2011
      Nice one. I just find it weird that the engine just recently started doing this after playing all maps including exorath just fine.