Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Reduce recently played wait time for new maps.

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by FreshEggs, Aug 20, 2015

Is having to wait through 10 maps before being able to play the same map again too long?

Yes, it should be reduced. 6 vote(s) 33.3%
No, the length protects us from overplaying maps. 7 vote(s) 38.9%
I lost my virginity to my dog. 5 vote(s) 27.8%
  1. Jul 7, 2014
    Having to wait 10 maps before you can play the same map again is overdone in my opinion. Because the RTV system is a joke and it takes nearly 95% of people on server to successfully RTV a map, I think its safe to say that it takes 25 minutes to play a map. So 25 minutes x10 map rotations = 250 minutes which is roughly 4 hours. That means the max a map can be played in one day is 4x. If lila_panic or firewall are the servers bread and butter, great! Lets see more of it and keep the server more populated. Server population is more important to me than the opinions of people who think maps are overplayed. I was thinking 5 map rotations would be fair.

What you guys think about this?
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    We play the same maps over and over as it is. Reducing the time between maps is going to make that even worse
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Apr 18, 2014
      I also think that the first option of the map vote should be a random map.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • Dec 27, 2012
        I agree with Seeker, we're playing the same maps over and over quite enough already. While I too personally believe most of the panic maps are awesome (beach excluded) they're getting played every single given moment, leaving other potentially good maps out of the "meta". If people would give other maps an honest try instead of "everybody R.T.V this map sucks" right when the map changes, perhaps we'd have more than just panic, officespace along with a few more maps to play around with.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Oct 29, 2010
        • Jan 5, 2014

I'm 50/50 on this. On one hand, it gets boring that we play the same maps over and over again (I'm even starting to get bored of firewall and unpanic, sorry @Kronus) . On the other hand, we play the same maps over and over again because they either attract players or are just more fun to play.
        • Jan 3, 2013
          All I know is that you like Baby_athletic_park:inlove: :clap: Please baby don't hate. :heart:
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Jan 25, 2014
            I say you have a random number 1 nomination then reduce it to 8 maps that way you get some variety from 1 spammers and people can still play the common maps
          • Nov 20, 2013
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Jun 29, 2014
            • Jan 21, 2011
              Doesn't matter how many maps are added if no one votes for them over the maps that get played all the damn time.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Aug 7, 2012
                Could have the inverse, highly-played maps need 15+ to be selected again while new maps only need ~5
              • Jun 29, 2014
                add new ones and do away with old over played ones, like fucking 4way
              • Jan 21, 2011
                As much as I hate 4way, it is a very popular map. Removing popular maps isn't a good idea.
              • Feb 8, 2013
              • Jul 14, 2010
                Any suggestions to remove zombie sided maps should be ignored. Some people don't like waiting for humans to win every single round 5-0 on the same map all damn day.

And if you want to play the same map, over and over and over again, then I'm afraid you are endangering the server. This was a problem on ZE and had some impact on the death of it (Mako anyone?). This makes those popular maps, the boring maps, and people get bored quicker. I think the system in place now helps keep maps from being overplayed and leading to them being boring. Suggest new maps, maybe remove bad ones, but don't overplay the good ones...
              • Aug 7, 2012
                Overplaying maps was definitely a Bad Thing. New maps need to be promoted over "classic" maps so that they're more visible than the usual ones.
              • Jan 5, 2014
                yeah my favorite maps are sica_athletic_park and wharf @Thanh
                • Funny Funny x 2
                • Jun 19, 2013
                  add more lila maps and delete shit like alpha jungle and surf n cade.
                • Aug 7, 2012