Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Regular's getting banned.

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Transient, Sep 4, 2018

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 14, 2018
    I've gotten a ban for something that isnt against the rules for simply trying to get a dead PF server populated, the ban is 2 weeks long and I feel that im not deserving of a ban length that long but that's aside from the point. The arguement against pulling players away from ZM to MG is that it will "kill zm", I find that really funny considering the ZM regulars are the same people trying to get MG populated, it's also that I got a 2 week ban for something I didnt do. I dont see why I should continue playing when an LSA tell's me I'll get my ban increased simply for replying to him with "lol".

Screen shots: https://imgur.com/bIG8Ltq https://imgur.com/bMoNGwB https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/b3009420e77679597f6a15d7e515f7c8-png.jpg .

Edit: This isnt the first time a LSA/SA has threatened me with an extended ban, I was also told that my appeal would be deleted
    Transient, Sep 4, 2018 Last edited by Transient, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    @Bapple™ what? you're week long banning people for joining another pF cstrike server?
  3. Mar 14, 2018
    @Kyle lol ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). The ban was from kyro but I assume bapple approved it.
    Post Merged, Sep 4, 2018
    wouldnt want to kill ZM to advertise this customs server right? No advertising.
    (top)

This includes advertising hacks, websites, other servers, and recruiting for clans. No IP's or links of any kind in chat or over voice. didnt know no advertising meant that I cant try and get people to play on a PF server.
  4. Apr 9, 2007
    Your edit history on this post is brutal.

Why do you have 6 bans for racism? Are you a perpetual troll?
  5. Mar 14, 2018
    @Kyle No, my whole point here is that I think it's ridiciouls that I got a 2 week ban for something I didnt do and that isnt against the rules.
    Post Merged, Sep 4, 2018
    (I dont mean to come of sarcastic or condescendingly) I dont think my past bans should affect this one as this ban is related to something entirely different, also Lianson, Meli, and others who try to pull people to MG have (to my knowledge) not gotten warned or banned for it.
  6. Apr 26, 2015
    Don't play dumb. We've asked you, and a few others, to stop using ZM server to get people to go to customs. Is it a PF server? Yes, but we've had issues with players taking a decently populated ZM server and crashing the pop of it to go play customs. Half of the server left when you did this.

You've been asked to stop previously, and you were popping in and out of the server yelling "YOOOO EVERYONE COME TO MINI GAMESSS", Tony and I had both muted you as well and said stop.

The ZM server isn't steam, its not the chat box, its not discord, and its not the forums. You're free to use those to get people together to play MG or any other game.

You've been asked in the past to stop pulling players out of ZM because it hurts the population and there have been times where it doesn't even reach the same number of people that were in there before they were pulled.

As for the ban being 2 weeks, I gave you 2 weeks based on your last ban from about 3 weeks ago being 1 week long.
  7. Mar 14, 2018
    @Kyro I'd argue that it doenst hurt the population, i've been playing on ZM for close to a year now maybe longer (I dont recall) but from what i've heard from friends and other players is that ZM gets boring some times, also if I wanted to get MG going what do you think is the best way, before I would just steamj message but it's become increasingly harder to get friends together to play because of the steam update.

Edit: It's also not written in the rules https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/b3009420e77679597f6a15d7e515f7c8-png.jpg
  8. Jan 21, 2011
    Make an event or something. The weekend ZE events have been pretty successful. Then you can probably get even more people to join.
  9. Mar 14, 2018
    @Seeker I wasnt made aware that non admin's could make events
  10. Jan 21, 2011
    This message by hzrd ヅ has been removed from public view. Deleted by Kyro, Sep 4, 2018, Reason: You do not bring any help towards resolving the incident..
    Sep 4, 2018
  12. Mar 14, 2018
    @Seeker Gotcha, If I were to set up an event would I be able to advertise it on the server.
  13. Apr 26, 2015
    I'm not sure how you can argue taking half the server to MG doesn't hurt ZM. Regardless of that part, it was something that has been brought up in the past which we have tried to address yet kept continuing. This isn't something we want to add to the rules, which is why individuals were asked to stop. Thats how rule changes can happen around here, we first ask the people to stop, and if it continues then we move to the next step. This was the only available next step because the last times you were asked specifically not to do this, you continued to go on to do it later.

The reason you were banned for it is because to my knowledge, Meli hasn't been the problem in the past (at least to my knowledge). And yes, while Lianson has done this in the past, they have also been spoken to and they were not present at the time chanting for everyone to come into ZM leaving and re-joining the server every minute to chant it again.

The people involved have been asked to stop the issue we've stated, what are we to do when it doesn't? Whatever the outcome of the thread is if it stays the same, decreased, or you're unbanned we're still asking to stop pulling people from ZM.

If any events are made the server has an auto message in global chat with the info of the event, and you can additionally use our discord channel to mass message people to play MG. The issue isn't people playing MG, its people using the ZM server to broadcast taking people out of the server.
  14. Mar 14, 2018
    @Kyro I didnt chant it, I said im heading over to MG I have a crap mic dude. also if I pull up the logs I can find many examples of them pulling more than half of the server to MG. the reason I say that it doesnt hurt the server is cause the players that join mg are the regulars that play on ZM, if them coming on MG to play was a bad thing than they clearly wouldnt have come back to ZM.

Edit: I wasnt aware that non admins could make events I thought the 2 ZE events were made by an LSA because a couple of admins and LSA's were advertising it.
  15. Feb 27, 2012
    It wouldn't be a big deal if you didn't announce it to the server, join CM, join back to zm a minute later, announce it again, leave, come back, announce it, and so on. Kyro and i had the shit typed out to mute you as soon as you came back because we knew you would.

You may not think you're being harmful to the servers, but you are. If you want to play mg, start an event or contact the people you want to play with.
  16. Mar 14, 2018
    @TonyTheTiger I wasnt aware of that and wasnt made aware of it until seeker just told me. Also i'd argue that banning regular's that keep ZM populated is killing the server more than pulling people to mg is. I donate to ZM for a reason I like it and I dont want it to die may be my actions show other wise but my intention's (i'd argue) matter more in this case, that being said I think a 2 week ban is a bit harsh.
    Post Merged, Sep 4, 2018
    @Kyro I'd also argue that it should be a 1 week because my last ban wasn't justified but i'd rather not bring up a can of worms that doenst need to be opened. I think that not having it in the rules makes it unclear and that not punishing other's that do it so much more often makes it seem like an okay thing to do.
  17. Jun 17, 2014
    I'm not even going to respond to this other than the fact that you've been told at LEAST 6 times in the last month not to do this. Looks like we've made our point now.

No?
  18. Mar 14, 2018
    @Bapple™ I'd disagree you didnt and you've threatened to ban me before for simply saying lol yet you guys still wonder why people are being drawn away from the server. If your going to keep brushing off my points cuz muh LSA powers than that's up to you.

Edit: I was told 6 times in the past month, what about lianson how many times was she told in the past 3 or more months she's been pulling people to MG.
  19. Jun 17, 2014
    Once again, let's not sit here and act like you haven't been informed by myself at least 6 times, Brian multiple times,, Kyro & Tony to not do exactly what you've done here. It's pretty obvious that you just don't respect that and you're playing the victim game.
    Boohoo, you're beat this time.
  20. hzrd ヅ
    This message by hzrd ヅ has been removed from public view. Deleted by Kyro, Sep 4, 2018, Reason: You do not bring any help towards resolving the incident..
    Sep 4, 2018
  21. Mar 14, 2018
    @Bapple™ Im not "beat" lol youre just disregarding my points to save face, and yall think zm is dying cause of people pulling players away LMFAO. Where's cap'n cripsy?
  22. Mar 1, 2018
    So, I couldn't help but notice that my name has been dragged into this cute lil conversation. While I used to pull people from ZM into MG, I stopped that after Bapple asked me to because it kills the server. Yeah I used invite my entire friendslist to play MG, even if they were already in ZM, but I stopped because MG isn't the main draw of Plaguefest. People come to the zombiemod server first and foremost, so that's what needs to continue to stay populated. Minigames is only fun with a lot of people and very rarely can we get a good, big group together to play on it, and it's always at the cost of ZM. By the time people are tired of MG, they don't go back to ZM, they go to bed or they go to work or whatever so the zombie server never actually repopulates and it looks dead as hell when it should be at least semi busy. That kinda hurts PF overall--they needs players to play on the servers, so no players, no point in keeping the servers running.

Also, Peter, I know you were aware of the whole "Don't drag players from ZM to MG" rule because when you and me and Meli were still talking and playing on MG by ourselves, you two always asked me to invite people because I had more friends on my list than you two. And every time, I told you I can't invite many people because I didn't want to kill ZM. Like I could invite a few people, but mostly those that weren't playing anything.

And as a third thing, I haven't played MG in quite a long time--haven't felt up to it. It's been at least 2 weeks, maybe more. I only have 5.1 hours in the past 2 weeks on this game, hard to keep track when I'm focused on school and life. That's probably where Cap'n Crispy is--focusing on his life instead of a game.

Btw, Bapple does reprimand me when I do something wrong, but I generally try to correct myself so I don't get banned. Would kinda suck to get banned from, like, 1 of maybe 10 active CSS servers.
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.