Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Reload in Maps?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Si˚, Jun 18, 2011

1. May 5, 2011
    Hey all mappers, ok I've tried many ways to check map problems, no leaks, no "Check For Problems"problems and yet it still reloads on zm server? Anyone know why it happens. I cannot find what the problem that leads to my map having people to reload in it. Hope i can get some help =) Thanks
  2. May 27, 2008
    That's a serverside thing.
  3. May 15, 2011
    lol. You silly duck.

Mappers are unable to control whether or not their is reload. That is only applicable through mods which are done by the coders.

If you have finished your map and it looks functional then it should be fine.

Once the map is on the server, it will have unlimited ammo.
  4. May 5, 2011
    Oh ok, hrmm well its weird, like as we play maps on zm things are fine, but when it reaches to mines it sometime gets bugged and makes people reload. We'll prob try again and see what happens. Thanks for the help guys, :thumbsup:
  5. May 15, 2011
    Wait it bugs out ON the zm server? Then that is weird. But it isn't your fault so... Ya. Someone else should look into it. Not us.

I missed the "on zm server" and thought you meant in single player. My bad.

But ya this is something not within a mappers abilities.
  6. May 5, 2011
    lol yea on the zombie server. Well yea I played it on my other zombie test server and it was fine with people on it but then trying it on pF made it reload lol weird but hopefully it gets checked.
  7. Feb 21, 2007
    Yahoo is saying this:

He built a map, and we put it on PF ZM server.

For some reason, occasionally, random people will have a reload glitch, meaning, they will NOT have unlimited ammo and will have to reload.

To fix this, it seems players have to quickly switch between weapons, and then they will have unlimited ammo again.

And yahoo cannot figure out why this is.
  8. Feb 1, 2011
    Retslag hit the nail on the head, and his map is not the only one which experiences this problem. The exact same thing frequently occurs on doomlike_station. Unfortunately I have no idea whatsoever what is causing these particular maps to bug out our unlimited ammo functionality.

Basically bumping this in hopes that other mappers who have experienced this problem can help out Yahoo, and maybe even address the same problem on doomlike_station.
  9. May 5, 2011
    Thanks Rets and Dill =) but yea as dill says, also to add it happened on Temple for me a few days ago.
  10. Feb 1, 2011
    Really, on Temple? I've never experienced it on that map. I hope we can get to the root of the problem here, the people want their infinite bullets!
  11. May 6, 2011
    It used to happen quite often to me about a month ago.

When I would the only player that is having this trouble, and it occured on different types of maps.

Right now I have not seen this problem occur, as I had to reload my CS. So, it could be something on the player side.

Not sure...would be great to have someone look into this more.