Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Reloading. Yay or nay?

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by Cam, Aug 27, 2007

Enable reloading with larger clips?

Yes 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Apr 9, 2007
  2. Oct 19, 2007
    I would like to see reloading only because about two years ago (??) when I first met Dangerman, we were really into zombiemod. That was back before all of the mods for it became big (mods within mods?). Anyway, we used to play levels where we wouldvent camp or hide in the back of trucks. With reloading, it left a vulnerability so it felt frightening. Back then, unlimited ammo was not in any server I ever found and that was a bitch when you would run out of ammo and end up trying to knife a zombie. My point is, unlimited ammo is great but without reloading it turns it into a slaughter.
  3. Apr 9, 2007
    Yes I agree completely with you, However most of the people who play only come here for unlimited ammo :down:
  4. Feb 3, 2007
    Agree with both ideas... But heres the thing.. Everytime we turned Unli Ammo Off people started to bitch and complain...

So Kyles right about what he said ^^

Thats why in our server the zombies are stronger than any other zombie in any other server with Limi Ammo... To even / ballance it out... And if die as a zombie stays a zombie enabled it helps out the overall ballance also.. Evens quite nicely overall.
  5. Feb 21, 2007
    noobs dont like change. ppl will always complain.
  6. Apr 9, 2007
  7. Feb 3, 2007
  8. Oct 26, 2007
    As far as I've seen, it is 100% true that people bitch about reloading when unlimited ammo is turned off. However the times I witnessed it, magazine sizes were regular, not 100-200+.

Here's what I notice:

When there are fewer people on (10-20) people will say things like "OMG unlimited ammo gay cheap, fuck this server." Of course, they end up staying for several map rotations, bitching away...

Once the amount of people on the server gets to be 30-42, people start saying "Wow I wish this isn't even challenging" or "Wow noob server, unlim ammo LOLOLOL."

I can understand how unlimited ammo is ridiculous when there are only a few people online. Whoever has a decent camp spot will never get killed if they pay attention. People get pissed and stop trying (noticed a lot more AFK zombies after "respawn as zombie" was implemented) or disconnect because they don't want to ruin their kill/death stats. Players are only going to work towards a goal that's actually reachable.

It's already been stated, but I agree that turning off unlimited ammo will reduce lag (less spamming) and create chances for zombies to wreck barricades if the humans slip up. Also, if reloading is implemented, previously restricted hiding spots could be legal to use again.

I think it would be a really good idea to at least test reloading + larger magazines and possibe weapon restrictions. Is there a way that unlimited/limited ammo can automatically switch on or off depending on how many players are in game?
  9. May 26, 2008

While a implementing the requirement of reloading would take more skill in game it also makes it a bit to easy for the zombies. I like not having to really rely on others to protect my spot.
  10. Mar 12, 2008

Flip the reloading switch. Might as well, due to the amt. Of votes

do it do it do it.
  11. May 26, 2008
    I was thinking and what if we make unlimited nades just for the hell of it.
  12. Mar 12, 2008

fail. unlimited nades means nade spamming. with napalm enabled, it will be impossible, IMPOSSIBLE for zombies to get any kills. instead of using weapon, everyone will spam the nades.
  13. Feb 21, 2007
    not to mention the "fire in the hole", non stop...
  14. May 22, 2008
    I think reloading will ruin the whole challenge of the game.
  15. Mar 12, 2008
    Infinite ammo is challenging? Yawn. All you do is hold down the mouse button untill the zambie dies.
    how challenging is that? I was actually able to hold a spot and eat my breakfast one time. Relaods enabled, i would've shat bricks because i need to keep both hands ready to rock. Plus we should try the no-blocking script too. Just to see what would happen.
  16. Dec 30, 2006
    Reloading would take the challenge away, oh my god epic post. lol
  17. May 22, 2008
    Im mainly talking about on the zombie side of the game. You have to plan your approach of attack with bullets flying non stop around you. With reloading this will give you gaps making it 10x easier to jump in and strike making the game way less challenging. :grin:
  18. Jan 5, 2007
    You would end up with humans in areas that zombies would have to stack to reach them otherwise. But wait, they wouldn't be able to stack because the script would make them pass through each other. Even with reloading, you'll end up with humans all piling in to the same small areas like a vent. It will essentially end up worse than the way things are now.
  19. May 22, 2008
  20. Mar 12, 2008
    Lol someone edit all the maps so that anyone that enters a crouch spot is instantly slain. That would be epic and would solve the non blocking script problem