Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Remember 9/11

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Kinetic, Sep 11, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 31, 2012
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 27, 2008
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Feb 14, 2012
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Yes I know it was a tragic event, yes I know we should remember those who were lost, but we can't keep bringing this back up, we need to let it go.

Like what Never Enough said about the tributes and what not, they can't keep milking the shit out of this every year.

An interview with a person who got out of the towers alive, but lost his fellow co-workers said he hates how he has to be reminded of this every year. It's alright if there's a mentioning about it, but all of these programs with pictures of the towers, tribute music, and films playing are just way too much. If I were this man, I would be horrified if I had to relive what happened back in 2001. I don't blame him for lashing out against the networks that air tributes and the sort.
          • Agree Agree x 5
          • May 27, 2008
            • Friendly Friendly x 2
            • Like Like x 1
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Mar 12, 2008
              You don't hear anyone saying "remember Vietnam".

This touches on what brett said. Ive heard stories from old war vets, and they were never good. They would rather not have it even mentioned to them because of terrible memories of what they did there. Not only that but also lost friends and war buddies. Nobody wants to be reminded of death.

Surviving 9/11 for them is all the remembrance they need. It's like opening old wounds. They won't go away if you don't leave it alone and let it heal.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Jul 16, 2012
                To be completely honest, I thought I hit agree D:

Same for Never Enough
              • May 31, 2012
              • Nov 29, 2010
                Yes this was a tragic day, yes ~3000 people died from it, but it's been 10 years since this happened.

Time to calm down about this a little, cold as it may be, but I don't need to be seeing "Remember 9/11" whenever I turn a city block like I did the year after the event.
              • May 11, 2011
              • Jul 1, 2010
                You are entitled to opinion, but you aren't in the same country and probably don't take it as personally (unless you knew someone there of course). A lot of people likely either lost friends/loved ones, or almost did (like myself). Something of this scale and of this devastation will always be mourned.

There will always be some survivors or the family of those who didn't survive who don't like the memorials. But there are also those that find comfort that their loved ones are being remembered.
                • Agree Agree x 2
                  Dharkk, Sep 11, 2012 Last edited by Dharkk, Sep 11, 2012
                • Jun 10, 2011
                  • Like Like x 4
                  • Apr 9, 2007
                    You guys don't have the day off or anything do you?
                    This single action changed the world North America.
                  • May 15, 2011
                    Remember when America invaded Canada? We lost so many men, who's wives and children were waiting for them to come home. Thanks a lot, assholes. xD
                  • May 17, 2011

Remember 9/11
                    Remember Slavery
                    Remember Vietnam
                    Remember Pearl Harbor
                    Remember Holocaust
                    Remember Kennedy Assassination
                    Remember Lincoln Assassination
                    Remember Lt.| on velocity
                    Remember Hurricane Katrina
                    Remember 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami
                    Remember 2011 Japan Tsunami w/ Nuclear Radiation disaster

I could go on and on with this. I understand that people want to "mourn" over these incidents, but really all it's doing is reminding the actual victims of those horrible days. Memorials are OK, but flooding the media world(tv) with documentaries is just sad.
                    • Funny Funny x 2
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                      nyronic, Sep 11, 2012 Last edited by nyronic, Sep 11, 2012
                    • Jul 20, 2010
                      No @Kyle there is no day off on 9/11. But flags are usually at half mast during this day to show respect to the falling.
                      Badgriuel, Sep 11, 2012 Last edited by Dharkk, Sep 11, 2012
                    • Jul 1, 2010
                      No, we don't get work off or school off or anything like that.

-EDIT-

Damn you Badgriuel.
                    • Apr 9, 2007
                      We did twice, after that, it's been treated more as a thing. Oh well, glad you guys have healthcare now for the first responders.
                    • Nezumi
                      This message by Nezumi has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Sep 11, 2012, Reason: Not on topic and won't end well..
                      Sep 11, 2012
                    • Badgriuel
                      This message by Badgriuel has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Sep 11, 2012, Reason: Not on topic and won't end well..
                      Sep 11, 2012
                    • Nezumi
                      This message by Nezumi has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Sep 11, 2012, Reason: Not on topic and won't end well..
                      Sep 11, 2012
                    • Badgriuel
                      This message by Badgriuel has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Sep 11, 2012, Reason: Not on topic and won't end well..
                      Sep 11, 2012
                    • Nezumi
                      Sep 11, 2012
                    • Senya
                      This message by Senya has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Sep 11, 2012, Reason: Not on topic and won't end well..
                      Sep 11, 2012
                    • Haystack94
                      This message by Haystack94 has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Sep 11, 2012, Reason: Not on topic and won't end well..
                      Sep 11, 2012
                    • Dirtbag
                      This message by Dirtbag has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Sep 11, 2012, Reason: Not on topic and won't end well..
                      Sep 11, 2012
                    • Clam Chowder
                      This message by Clam Chowder has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Sep 11, 2012, Reason: Not on topic and won't end well..
                      Sep 11, 2012
                    • Jul 1, 2010
                      Cleaned up the thread, hopefully people can remain on topic.
                      • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
                      • Feb 14, 2012
                        How about we just remember all of history less we be doomed to repeat it again?
                        • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
                        Thread Status:
                        Not open for further replies.