Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Remove 1 version of Smee Tower

Discussion in CS:S Custom Maps started by XeRoX, Feb 28, 2013

Which version is better?

mg_smee_tower_fix2 16 vote(s) 69.6%
mg_smee_tower_pf 7 vote(s) 30.4%
  1. Aug 7, 2012
    My Suggestion is to remove 1 version of smee tower from the MG server.

Currently there is the _fix2 and the _pf and if we dont need them both. Gets annoying if we play them in series
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Feb 21, 2007
      i'd be ok with the pf version, as if i recall correctly, this incorporates different versions of the smee maps.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • May 12, 2012

also awp submarine cause that is so boring!!!!!!!
        • Like Like x 1
        • Oct 20, 2012
          in the pf version, the elevator sometimes break on the original and the ig 1
        • Feb 11, 2012
          I'd say keep the pf version, remove the fix2 imo
        • May 27, 2008
          This needs to be looked into before anything is done to either map. It happens quite often.
        • Nov 29, 2010
          I'd rather we just keep the original smee, the PF one may incorperate all the maps, but I dislike how the maps are all rotated, maybe if we could vote for the version we want, or do something like goldeneye.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Nov 11, 2011
            I was sorta working on a mix of ski mountain + smee tower (credit to ZS), might still work on it. But I guess in the mean time, we can always remove one of the maps.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Zing! Zing! x 1
            • Sep 25, 2010
              Yeah I don't like the way the maps are rotated even though I made it that way lol. I prefer the original smee over all other versions(even mine _pf). I think people will prefer the original over any other version.

We don't need this. We already have a version of smee everyone likes, and we have a version of ski mountain that everyone likes, and we have a map that is basically a mix of smee and ski which is called velocity tower.
              We do need new mg maps though. I'd rather you work on that rather than editing already existing maps.
            • Nov 29, 2010

Is how you butcher a classic.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Nov 11, 2011
                Actually, everyone in Mumble liked the idea and wanted it. But if people don't want it, I won't make it.
              • Sep 25, 2010
                People liked it when I decided to combine all smee maps and have the different version rotated and now most of them prefer the original smee tower.
              • Nov 11, 2011
                • Funny Funny x 2
                • Aug 7, 2012
                  @retslag1 hope you can say if its ok to remove one if both will stay
                • Feb 21, 2007
                  Deto can this be fixed? I would keep the pf one if this could be fixed?
                  otherwise, refer to this thread...
                • Nov 11, 2011

I do not have the time to fix it(don't even know why it glitches), anyway idm keeping it off the server but the original smee map also has the same problem where elevator glitches people out :shock:
                  • Like Like x 2
                  • May 17, 2011
                    There isn't much you can do to fix players falling through brush based entities. It happens when too many physics based objects(including players) are standing on the same brush based entity, sometimes the game glitches out and thinks 1 or more of the objects are stuck. So it automatically disables collision for a second or two in order to unstuck the object. Even if the object that everything is on top of isn't moving this can still happen. A perfect example would be the grenade level on pauls multigames, the giant ring everyone stands on is a func_rotating(I'm guessing he originally had it moving). In a packed server players will suddenly all fall through this and die.
                    • Informative Informative x 1