Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Remove Antistack on Minas

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Kloud, Apr 12, 2014

1. Apr 3, 2013
    If the title isn't obvious enough, can we disable the anti-stack plugin on Minas tirith?
    It makes the gameplay much better and easier. I personally don't mind the anti-stack plugin, but after playing too much Minas, this thing needs to go away on this particular map.

If you cade a group of zombies, they can destroy the cades very fast, weakening the cade usage alot.
    Removal of anti-stack can also stop the griefers spamming cades at small spots so the entire team gets stuck.

I know that you don't care about ZE but atleast consider this.
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
      Kloud, Apr 12, 2014 Last edited by Kloud, Apr 12, 2014
    • Apr 28, 2013
      Remove it on predator as well. Some ppl like predator without antistack than with antistack.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      • Oct 18, 2012
      • Mar 30, 2013
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Artistic Artistic x 1
        • Jan 30, 2013
          Seems that with it on, the cades/guards are easy to destroy, but without it, they take to long to destroy cause you know...we like to stack. Personally I like it on, makes it harder.

Besides, maps already hard enough anyway with cade spammers(at least warning messages would be nice), and the fact that its still not a well know map by randy's.

I assume you mean for the end where we shoot the alien. I'd say no to that if that's what your specifically referring to (only part of the map I know that is affected by antistak)
        • Feb 21, 2007
          so anti-stack allows cades to be destroyed quicker? o0
          • Programming King Programming King x 1
          • Dec 30, 2006
            I don't think its anti stack. @retslag1 look at collision hook in management.
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Feb 3, 2012
              I guess so since all the zombies aren't crowding around and knifing each other.
            • Apr 3, 2013
              Antistack allows zms/cts to knife/shoot through other people, this applies to cades and other breakable things.
            • Mar 20, 2012
              Antistack isnt really a problem on normal difficulties on minas. But when it comes to the extreme mode zombies can always take all zombieitems(no lvl restrictions) which allow them to break all cades with 2 or even 1 hit. This is already hard to defend but with antistack they just rush through every cade there is. The knife damage is like almost always applied and if there are like 10 zombies cades break instant even if they are stacking in each other.

At some points I dont really use the cades anymore because they are useless anyway and you get infected easily then. Same problem with the npc-guards...they die quick too now.

Minas isnt something like mako where people can stack to win, because the zombie items deal damage to an area around them,so everybody gets hit.
            • Apr 1, 2012
              I like the other alternative better: get good
              It also helps humans too because the whole team can now defend in choke points and alleyways better than before, so why don't you defend harder and better?
              iProbie, Apr 12, 2014 Last edited by iProbie, Apr 12, 2014
            • Apr 4, 2009
              This is correct, the fix should be posted in management guides.
            • Apr 9, 2007
              It seems like he wants to do this automagically though, Minas is on rotation. From what I've seen, didn't changing the guards to brushes solve this?
            • Nov 26, 2011
              He's certainly fat enough to count as multiple people, so yes.
              • Funny Funny x 3
              • Apr 4, 2009
                I haven't seen anything involving this but the props would also have to be changed since it's an issue with them as well.

As far as doing it automagically that's something you'd have to look into.
              • Apr 3, 2013
                So has this idea been thrown into the trashbin yet?
              • Apr 9, 2007
              • Apr 3, 2013
                No, but it seems like every server suggestion never gets touched by roots. I just wanted to know if there was any light left in here.
                • Agree Agree x 2
                  Kloud, Apr 19, 2014 Last edited by Kloud, Apr 19, 2014
                • Nov 17, 2012
                  I believe before the Anit-Stack was implemented, Minas was really hard for Zombies. 30+ Zombies would stack on a single cade / guard and would get stuck there for the rest of the round.

With it however, cades / guards last only a few seconds making it harder for Humans. I've only played on Normal, but we have still managed to Win level 4 with some good Item usage + teamwork, so is it really an issue?

I'll try play the map more and I can post more of an opinion.
                • May 11, 2011
                  Removing Anti-Stack would put the balance of the map back where it should be with the cades.
                  It is not that hard for them to get by if they use the exploding barrel right that is one main reason for the barrel.