Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

remove lemony snickets NAOW

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Samurai, Apr 17, 2014

1. May 29, 2012
    Glitchspot makes you go like 2-3 mins in front.

2014-04-18_00001 2014-04-18_00002
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Sep 30, 2013
      One less map = one less map autists will vote for before my army of spammers will finally get us to go to Mako. I say yes!
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 28, 2013
        Oh god that mako vote :smile:. Also, the map isn't generally played and liked by the community. I can list the maps in rotation that are underplayed, not liked, bad level design, or has game breaking glitches. These maps should be removed as well:

ze_bp_infested_prison_b1a
        ze_eternal_void_v3_5a (level design isn't made well)
        ze_lemony_snickets_v1_3 (already mentioned)
        ze_halo_v1_2 (very glitchy and unplayable)

There are other maps mentioned that are underplayed but these maps either have something to offer, liked, or playable. I am sure there are other maps in rotation that should be removed but I am only mentioning the ones that are broken for now.
        • Like Like x 1
          Hydreigon, Apr 17, 2014 Last edited by Hydreigon, Apr 17, 2014
        • Aug 12, 2012
          don't forget if you can get a few people up the roof you can delay there the whole round unless there an admin around
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Apr 3, 2013
            I regret to inform you that the mako army is weak today :c
          • Jan 1, 2013
            The amount of non-Mako map does not matter. From what I observe the those who prefer not to play Mako will simply vote for whatever the hell that isn't Mako and having the most vote, be it Minas Tirith or Noir.

That said, this map has severe problems and should be removed IMHO.
          • Sep 30, 2013
            Wait, I have a better idea! Keep the map, go to the glitch spot and tell everyone to rtv for mako or you won't jump down!
            • Funny Funny x 3
            • Feb 11, 2012
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Aug 7, 2012
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Apr 28, 2013
                  Map is put off the list but it's sadly not played. Also, the map isn't really that bad if you look at it this way (not to mention, weird level design, going through the environments of industrial dejavu and paper escaper and riding error signs). I kinda forgot about that map as it is one of those hidden gems.
                • May 31, 2012
                  I have witness this and another issue on this map before. Somehow, everyone gets held back at the teleport while another person can get way ahead and trigger everything:

I can't remember how it's done... Maybe it's related to the first jump ahead. I had it on demo but I needed to clear my HDD so I accidentally erased it with a bunch of files; I wasn't able to submit a ban because I lost the evidence and I was no longer admin by that time to take immediate action. I think I also delayed on this issue because I wasn't sure if it was accidental or if someone was being malicious.
                • Aug 12, 2012
                  It's one of those map rarely played and when it does get played everyone want to rtv quickly to another map
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Feb 25, 2014

• Apr 3, 2013
                    ... while a small but considerable group of people are trying to rally for a map that the others dislike (e.g. Mako), causing mass panic to vote for this (or any other random map that happens to be #1 or #2) instead of the said disliked map or the desired nominated map.

Outside panic votes, I find pF's voting population generally capable of choosing an enjoyable map.
                  • Mar 20, 2012
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Feb 21, 2007
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Aug 7, 2012
                        Regrettably, thank you. This map was an exploit haven but it was very fun. Hopefully it can be fixed and re-added to rotation soon.
                      • Aug 12, 2012
                        RIP lemonysnickets, you have cause us many many many many many fails (I serious don't remember if we ever beat this map)
                      • Mar 8, 2013
                        it's been beaten legit in the past. people have just become terrible at holding recently (more terrible than usual).

the map's also incredibly easy to solo from start to finish because almost all hold points are skippable (as I demonstrated the other day :clap:).

since the map's been removed now, I could record a demo showing how utterly broken this map is, if anybody still cares?