Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Remove Taiwan from voice chat blacklist.

Discussion in Help Desk started by Sabisu The Rock, Jan 24, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 7, 2013
    I've been on ze and zm servers for a really long time,
    and I always chat with the mic happily.
    but yesterday (which is Tuesday here), when I was playing zm with my sister,
    Both of our mic stopped working (btw we were chatting with skype)
    and the "stopped working" means,
    when we press our voice chat key (mine is V and my sis' K)
    the mic box, which means you've toggled the voice chat mode ON
    just don't show up, and the result is we can't talk.
    But when we press V (or K), the little yellow speaker sign still shows on the right-bottom of the screen
    (yes, I have been talking to myself for hours until I found out I can't voice chat)
    You might say : did ur mic broke?
    No, it works. I tested it on a local gun game server by shouting out loud and almost got banned ("魔音穿腦", they said)
    so whats the actual problem with my voice chat?
    I asked Pikachu, I wasn't muted.
    or you started blocking voice chat form Taiwan, SINCE YESTERDAY.

sorry for bad English.

tl;dr : can't voice chat, not muted or blocked, just can't even toggle the voice chat mode on.
  2. Apr 3, 2013
    Did you try talking without Skype running?
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Jan 30, 2013
      do a voice check in css when on pf's server. If that works, run net_graph 4 and voice_loopback 1 in console, then talk. You should be able to see your own voice data( it will show up as tall blue bars in the network graph) and hear yourself ( even if you are muted on the server). If all that works, perhaps you are muted(maybe the added Taiwan to the blocklist yesterday like you said)

Also, do what kloud said. Some programs can mess with the mics application priority/exclusive mode or whatever it was called.
    • Dec 7, 2013
      I tried to voice chat without skype (after reboot)
      still can't, but I'll try those methods provided by RedM00N.
    • Feb 11, 2012
      You didn't "throw" your headset or anything did you? :razz:
    • Feb 27, 2012
      It's possible your country could have been blacklisted to talk on the mic. Next time you're in there, ask an admin to mute you, then unmute you and see if you can talk. If can talk then, then you need your country to be whitelisted. Why it worked before and now suddenly it doesn't, i'm not sure.
    • Dec 7, 2013
      lulz, I asked Picachu to do the mute-unmute trick on me, but he refused because "I have to explain why I muted you and blahblahblah" (I copied 100% of his words.)
    • Feb 27, 2012
      If your country is blacklisted, an admin is allowed to mute and unmute you, if they want to.
    • Feb 11, 2012
    • Feb 8, 2013
      What is "魔音穿腦"? I searched it on Google and Spongebob came up.
    • Feb 11, 2012
      It's in Chinese. I looked it up on Google Translate and it said "Magic sound through the brain" lol whatever that means.
    • Jan 1, 2013
      Uhm at least I can say that it isnt skypes fault since I use it by myself sometimes while I am ingame. And my mic works fine with it. I guess it really is the country.
    • Dec 7, 2013
      魔音穿腦 means "Like a devilish sound through your brain."
      In other words, "ear rape"
      the reason why Spongebob came out might because that
      there's an episode they simply sang the " 穿腦魔音"
      Sabisu The Rock, Jan 25, 2014 Last edited by Sabisu The Rock, Jan 26, 2014
    • Feb 3, 2012
      Your country is probably blacklisted. Just ask an admin in-game to mute and unmute you.
    • Dec 7, 2013
      LUV U BRO <333333333
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Apr 3, 2013
        You could also make a thread for a request for your country to be whitelisted so you can talk without having an admin to mute/unmute you
      • Dec 7, 2013
        pF added Taiwan to the voice chat blacklist like a few days ago.
        There's no need to do this, I haven't seen any Taiwanese people on pF using mic on the server and speak Chinese.
        Please remove Taiwan from the black list, since it is just meaningless, and I have to ask an admin to mute and unmute when I join the server every time.
      • Apr 1, 2012
        You can ask Sicachu, he revealed he was living in Taiwan that day.
      • Feb 8, 2013
        Do you mean Sica as in 4Minute Sica? The one that plays on ZM and is a new admin? Because that... "it" ...is a she.
      Thread Status:
      Not open for further replies.