Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Remove the zelda map

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Kables, May 11, 2017

1. Jul 14, 2010
    Yeah, I think we would be more reserved about giving out donor for creating a map if people just try to make one quick map to get free donor. It isn't an issue now but hopefully it doesn't become one. I personally think they should only get free donor for like 2-3 months, not permanently, depending on how many maps they create of course. Just one map isn't much, but Hammer is kind of a bitch to use if you're just learning. Someone like Luffaren though blazes through it because he knows all the hotkeys and stuff.

Tophatwaffle tutorials are good if you wanna learn hammer.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Jul 13, 2011
      you already get donor for 2 months, more like 4+, varying on how many maps you make. ive been like pretty good at putting props and stuff down in games but i looked at that program 'hammer'

my high ass just stared at it, no clue.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Jul 14, 2010
        Yeah I honestly wouldn't jump into making a map. You should learn how to use hammer first with a shitty test map to get used to it, but I guess you could learn as you go too if that's your thing, but I digress. Keep Zelda on the server!
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Oct 29, 2010
          Just to clarify, the map has to be added to rotation. Simply making a map doesn't get you 'Mapper' status.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            With Stripper Source it is so much easier to edit maps without having to decompile them and break half the shit in it. I can explain how to make the configs for it.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Jun 4, 2006
              http://plaguefest.com/threads/stripper-source.19272/#post-268577
            • Apr 9, 2007
              • Feb 27, 2012
                They didn't seem be any longer when we put Stripper on ZE during Teemo's event a few months back.
              • Aug 8, 2010
                I am working 60 hours a week right now. Summer is here and I should slow down a lot as florida is dumb. I will have time to dedicate to some of these projects mentioned in this thread.

Someone should start an old maps list. What maps would we want to bring back? I had someone ask on the server about boat escape. That map was flippin fun right?

My plans for the summer mapping months are to of course work on new versions of my own maps. I do have one more version of blue town I would like to release as I feel it is not done yet. zm_choddacbble is already well under way for the new version release - should be next no doubt. Stupidity is of course on the list but most likely last. It seems people really like it the way it is.

I also wanted to revisit moo_cbble_chode or whatever it is called. We have played it a few times recently and I had some new ideas come to me. I was surprised it is still being played as I made it a million years ago.

Also, have a look here. I have updated some old maps of mine and uploaded them: Gamebanana.com/MC
                I have almost completely reworked snow panic to be easier on older computers. choddarena has been fixed as well. It had some issues in it which would give people lag. Not anymore.

Aside from my new maps, those are the only 2 I would like to maybe have a test on again. The rest are TF2 and some old bad maps from 10 years ago lol.

LOL - The Zelda map is a masterpiece. It is only relevant to people who played the game though unfortunately. I really like the map personally but it does sometimes kill the server.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
                • Dec 30, 2007
                  i'd rather play zelda than another panic map or battleforce. get rid of the 4way map
                  • Agree Agree x 1