Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Remove unpopular maps and random rotate

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Dr.FeelGood, Oct 5, 2012

1. Jul 30, 2012
    Narrow the map selection down to maps people like and are played. Not saying narrow it down to 3 maps like mako, pred and shroom. Just saying remove maps like gilbtz, stargate and starship troopers. I just think it is better to rotate through a few maps quickly at random than getting stuck with maps nom because they spam 1 or pick it to troll people. As map voting works like voting in America, poorly.

People say well, then we wont get to play what we want. It wont be problem because there would be less maps and you could reduce the time it takes to rotate back to a map. Whats it at now 8 maps must pass before it can be played again? Make it 4 or something.

At the very least leave things the same and remove maps no one likes.
  2. May 31, 2012
    | The thing is, I (fo' example) like gibletz and stargate,| and I'm pretty sure other people do like those maps too,
    | among other older, classic-style maps. Lowering the time it takes to rotate back is not a good idea either,
    | at least in my own opinion, since it will make overplayed maps even more overplayed, with pF's ZE becoming
    | more and more uninteresting...
    Starship troopers can burn. In hell. NAO.
  3. Jun 18, 2012
    Lol I just played with you, and I agree some maps are that old and awfully made (gamewise) that they just aren't fun. Sure I respect them classics, but at some point it just doesn't matter if you're just waiting 20 minutes to be able to play another map.

However, you can't really say ''remove the maps no one likes''. Surprisingly there's always people who seem to enjoy some Train_escape/Helicopter_escape/Dus_escape etc. etc. (aside from trolls).

Honestly I already think that the ammount of PF maps isn't very big already, there's a lot of oldies, which probably have been removed over time, that the newer players never have played. They'll only cry about mako though so it doesn't really matter to them. I'd like to play those every once in a while though (every month).

I guess I'd want to see the amount of maps before you can re-play one again to go down then ... but actually ... I don't mind playing mako once a day, pred every other day, and Para only every few days it at least keeps it somewhat fun...

I agree with you ... but think it's hart to find a solution for this easily. *thinks*
  4. May 27, 2008
    If you find maps to replace the ones you want removed, sure. If you can't, no. That's how it's always worked around here.
  5. Jul 30, 2012
    Yeah I suppose its not so easy to find a solution but I think something should changed somewhere. I like the classics too for all the wrong reason such as watching 10 cts spam the keypad and everyone die. These maps are fun for 2 or three rounds. Maybe shorter round with the same amount of RTVs. Maps that people want to keep playing they can keep playing and maps that are classic and you dont want 27 min of can be changed quicker. Still I am sure there are some maps that get almost zero play that could be pruned.
  6. Jun 10, 2011
    Just because you don't like a map, doesn't mean other people don't.

Also if you have a problem with the maps someone else nominates, just nominate your own.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Jul 30, 2012
      Yes, because people never spam 1.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      It wasn't long ago that we had a thread asking to increase the number of required maps between. You can't please everyone, while I'm sure this idea sounds great to you and some others, there are just as many who would be against it.

These threads rarely go anywhere.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jul 30, 2012
        The people asking to increase the number of maps required between before it can be played have the same idea just different way of going about it. They figure if its longer before you can play the map again it will force map variety and mako wont get played 11ty times.
      • Oct 29, 2010
        And you're asking for Mako to be played every 4 maps, you think you're asking for the same thing... how?
      • Jul 30, 2012
        Yeah but I am asking for shorter rounds. I honestly don't know the best solution but the voting system works just like it does in America, poorly. I would say the current system isn't fair to mako players because lets say someone who wants to play mako just missed the map how many hours before they can see it again?

Also, what I see with maps extended to the max is not the players getting better but worse in some cases. As people grow tired of the map and stop trying.
      • May 27, 2008
        Are you that desperate to try and force this joke so people think you're funny? I don't think anyone is laughing.
      • Feb 21, 2007
        The problem with this is, say remove the map rotation requirement to 4 maps...is that ONLY 4 maps would get played. People would always spam mako/pred/paranoid/whatever else...we actually had this problem previously, and the limit was bumped up to 8 maps. Although some maps may be "unpopular" compared to mako, often there are plenty of people that do enjoy the maps (even if they are not the most vocal about it).

As fornax has stated, people already bitch about not having enough selection of maps, and now people are complaining about having maps removed :frown:
      • Feb 14, 2012
        The system is currently working better than it's ever worked in the past IMO.
      • Mar 12, 2008
        I believe the rule was

for every map you wish to remove, you must come up with 2 to replace it. They have to adhere to our rules, so no crouch spots, expliots, etc.

EDIT: Lets make ZE 24/7 mako
      • May 31, 2012
        With that and the suggestion to remove all jumping, strafing, walking and moving, pF's ZE would be obviously the best in da world.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Jul 30, 2012
          I don't follow the mapping community and don't know how many good maps are being produced.

24/7 mako from my understanding there are 24/7 mako servers but no one plays. shrug, even tho I know you are not serious
        • Aug 5, 2010

And I love gilbtz, Stargate and Starship troopers because the are fun and challenging maps.
        • Oct 17, 2011
          I asked for this in the past but for zm and guess what happened when Kyles saw it?:handcuffs:
        • Dec 6, 2011
          The reason this most likely was made was because we went to ze_eruption_escape (which is a pretty iffy map that's still fun in small doses) and some people, including Dr.FeelGood, didn't like it.

Now you know how I feel about wanting to obliterate the current map from the server when you guys play Mako every 8 maps and extend it twice :clown:

Don't worry, I like doing the map with no path changes 4 successful times in a row while backtracking 75% of it just as much as the next guy!