Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Remove zm_vampire_medical_v2?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by dillinger, Jun 4, 2013

1. Feb 1, 2011
    This map has one huge problem - all the corridors are super fuckin' narrow, and if there's a decently populated server, everyone will get stuck in the hallways because there's too many zombies trying to go opposite directions. It's very frustrating for the players and people start to bitch as soon as this map comes on. I think it ought to be removed - it was a good idea for a map but it doesn't work well in actual gameplay at all.
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Feb 8, 2013

Yes. Please remove this map. It's shit. MoonChickenDogRat did a terrible job on it. Can't even move across the isles.
    • Feb 1, 2011
      I'm not passing judgement on the mapper or anything - it was an interesting idea for a map. If it was modified to make the hallways/stairways more passable for multiple players, it wouldn't be that bad.
    • Feb 8, 2013
      Yes. But he messed up on Unpanic too. So I put that out.
    • Nov 29, 2012
      I like the idea of the map since it seems to be good for going in one room and barricading, but for a full server its god awful and tends to make the server become inactive. So I'm with Dillinger on removing it, everyone runs into eachother and can't get through the halls and I'm sure it causes massive lag for some of the players.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      • Agree Agree x 8
      • Feb 3, 2012
        I agree with dillinger, the hallways are to narrow and I think the map is way to small.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jul 16, 2012

On topic however, the few times I've played this map I actually left a few minutes into it. The blocking was just something I couldn't stand, can't tell you how many times I got stuck T_T.
          BURN IT TO THE GRO~er, I mean remove it.
        • Apr 9, 2012
          At this rate of comments it's kind of obvious that mapping can become very discouraging to him. He didn't do a bad job on the map he just gets another suggestion to fix something that is currently gamebreaking, nothing more. Be a little more gentile towards mappers as they are the ones that bring you new gameplay after all.

If block is active, and there are narrow corridors, then yes they should be enlargened because on every gameplay type it would be very hard to play properly. Easy to fix!
          Good luck with it :smile:
        • Jul 28, 2011
          Yes, we are fragile creatures :smile:
          • Like Like x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            I don't appreciate the comments make like "ERMAGERD I DON'T LIKE THE MAP SO THAT MEANS ITS A TERRIBLE MAP IT IS A TERRIBLE IDEA AND THE MAPPER SHOULD NEVER MAP AGAIN HURRRR"

The idea was good, and it has just about everything any type of player would want. Hold spots, secret spots, cade spots. The design is very neat as well. But like dillinger said, it's way to god damn narrow for the server, and everyone always freaks the fuck out when it's on the nominations list. People can't stand it. It just gets annoying trying to navigate through such a tiny map. Good idea, but poorly made for the server.

There's a difference between a bad map and a bad idea.
            • Agree Agree x 3
            • Like Like x 1
            • Feb 21, 2007
              I did bring this up with him several times, but I believe he couldn't make it wider cuz it would break the map somehow (if i remember correctly). @MoonChickenDogRat

Also, please refrain from ignorant comments. If its not useful or constructive, dont post it.
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Feb 27, 2012
                It's because he ported the map over from HL2 DM. So, the map was already made but not made for ZM. It would take so much just to resize everything, it would be just easier to remake it.

When you try and stretch everything bigger all at once, textures no longer line up, angled brushes don't line up with anything, and everything in general just breaks and leaks. Unless there is a way you can multiply the size of everything that i don't know about, but even then if that existed i think it would have the same problems and run terribly FPS wise.
              • Feb 8, 2013
              • Sep 24, 2012
                I knew these problems existed before I finished vampire_medical a few months ago, but the original map dates back before Half-Life 2's release.

There were many problems with the map before it's restoration/remodeling, and a few more exist that are not fixable.

The halls are narrow, yes. In order to fix that; it would require a good 50% of the map's overall brushwork to be moved around/expanded.

This map was released because I knew there was a constant demand for new maps, and I knew this was a very good candidate.

By luck of chance; the balance is impeccable. I haven't been to a game yet that was imba for survivors or zombies.

I've been focusing my time on a much bigger project, something cool and original.

Hopefully it will reach completion within the next few months, by then I might find time to work on a version of vampire_medical that will fit Plauge Fest's needs.
              • May 31, 2012

Although the servers have been more populated lately, I think this map is a good option for down time when there are only a few players on (typically the times I do play). I just played the map the other day and I really enjoyed it a lot. Is it possible for players to be more responsible when voting for a map and rtving when they are not liking it?
              • Nov 11, 2011
                It's a simple map, just redo it. It's a bunch of rooms you can copy and paste to an extent and some ramps. It reminds me of zm_l4d map we have, which took hours and hours for me and some guy COUGHHHGHH @GRUDGE to debug coughghghghh
              • Jul 28, 2011
                I probably still have all the files for l4d_hospital buried somewhere on one of my hard drives, and if I recall correctly, there are still some issues that needed to be fixed (mainly balancing and gameplay). I currently don't have enough will-power to open up that map at the moment and edit it since there doesn't seem to be a huge demand for it and also neither pakrat nor packBSP are reliable and always mess up on this map so I have to pack all of the custom materials myself. This becomes annoying when I'm stupid and unorganized.

Anyways... what exactly are you suggesing, Mr. @sajak?
              • Oct 6, 2012
                Well i do agree with Removing the map as well, We just played it like 30 min ago, and everyone starts to bitch about how bad the map is. its unplayable when we have a full server. i Agree with Dillinger :thumbsup:
              • Apr 24, 2012