Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Remove Zm_Vampire_Medical_V3

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Nayr, Sep 26, 2013

Remove Zm_Vampire_Medical_v3

Poll closed Oct 3, 2013.
Yes, this map should be removed 12 vote(s) 80.0%
No, this map should Not be removed 4 vote(s) 26.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Apr 24, 2012
    Even the updated version of this map isn't any better... should we just remove it?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      It's a little bit better, but it reminds me of zm_breakout now that i think of it. It's just a lot of the same room over and over and over again. And it' still small asfuq.
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Does it suffer from the same problems as before (too narrow, zombies getting stuck etc)? If so then it needs to go. I haven't played the new version so I really have no idea what it's like now.

Sent from my SGS3 w/ Tapatalk
    • Feb 27, 2012
      It is. He made it a little bit wider (i think he said 1.3x bigger?) and i think you can fit 2 zombies down a hall now, but that would be if both zombies were rubbing hard against one of the walls. If one zombie walked down the middle, he'd take up the entire hallway still.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 3, 2012
        I don't really like it but I don't think It's that bad to remove it.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Dec 27, 2012
          I played both versions..and couldn't really tell if the halls/corridors actually were wider before the updated version. As the Unicorn said, it's still too narrow and becomes a clusterfuck. I don't like the map in general but that has nothing to do with this, it IS too narrow and it really gets on your nerves at times. Also, I hear people complaining about the map as well.
          :thumbsup:From me.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            Well, you enjoy trying to get through a hall of 10 zombies while i have fun not playing that map D:
          • Feb 1, 2011
            Well we will just have to see what Retslag / other roots think when they see this post. Sounds to me like the map still has a critical design flaw and isn't fit for a 64 slot zm server.

Sent from my SGS3 w/ Tapatalk
            • Like Like x 1
            • Jun 19, 2013
              This map is a server killer. Everytime I've played it, it either kills the server or gets rtved. The map is, basically, just a bunch of rooms. zm_hangar is another server killer. Should remove that one too while you're at it.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Feb 8, 2013
                ...then again, this map is up for removal. I knew it shouldn't have been readded.
              • May 31, 2012
                Why was this map added to the server in the first place?
              • Feb 27, 2012
              • Feb 21, 2007
                on the map test, it went smoothly, was balanced, and I did not notice any zombie pile ups (unless there was one or two humans left). I believe the map test had around 40 or so players
                • Like Like x 1
                • Oct 6, 2012
                  Seriously...This has been talked about its removal for like ages now! this map should of been Loooooong gone by now, Like John doe said "its a server killer" Fuck yeah it is a server killer! Last time i played it a while a go there was 46 players in total and then that map got randomly voted cause of the idiots always spamming 11111111.....so then this map got loaded and the server was left with Just 7 players! fuck just delete this SHitty map
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Mar 8, 2013
                    one other issue is that you need to do some serious feng shui to even get a half-decent barricade going. I believe no rooms have more than two props, and most only have one.

that said, I like the maze-like deathmatch arena feel the map has. reminds me of a different time...
                  • Mar 26, 2009
                    This map is awful, it should have been removed at version 2.

There's nowhere to properly barricade because there are too many entrances to nearly every room. And even the small rooms that you could barricade in only have one bookshelf, you can't do anything with it. Most people just end up flocking down to the basement and everyone dies. The secret rooms were the only good spots, and those got removed which made the map even more useless.

And a "1.1x resize"? This map needs to be like 4-5x bigger. The hallways need to be much wider, the rooms much bigger and there needs to be 50x more props.
                    • Agree Agree x 2
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Apr 9, 2007
                    • Dec 27, 2012
                    • Apr 9, 2007
                      • Winner Winner x 2
                      • Apr 24, 2012