Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Reporting Players & Admins

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Aprz, Mar 18, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 26, 2012

This is a guide for players on how to privately notify admins if you suspect a player is breaking a rule, how to gather evidence, and how to submit a ban. I wrote this guide because a player today was complaining about me not doing anything about a cade breaker last night, and that an admin didn't do anything about another one today. First, I don't even recall the player notifying me that his cade was broken by another player or else I am sure I would have spectated and watch the player to see if they do it again. Second, it's hard to catch cade breakers in the act since there might be 1-2 admin on, and over 30 players on. If we punished players just because we were told that they broke the rule, but didn't witnessed it ourselves, that could easily be abused. I think it's best that players take some actions on their own to help solve the cade breaking pandemic that we have.

I've seen a lot of admin abuse reports in the past two years, and a lot of players have nothing to defend themselves with, and I think this is because they don't know how to do things like take screenshots or record demos, and they don't think about what they should do when they see an admin abusing their powers. Hopefully this will help too.

• Useful Useful x 13
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
      Emily, Mar 18, 2014 Last edited by Aprz, Apr 22, 2014
    • Apr 1, 2012
      good guide, sadly most people in-game are like "lol tl;dr"
      or don't even bother to read this thread or even visit the forums
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Oct 13, 2011
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Like Like x 1
        • Aug 12, 2012
          now why we dont have more admin like @Aprz in the ZE server, nice guide
        • Dec 11, 2013
          Good guide, Aprz...... Hopefully all member in Plaguefest can take a look at this thread.!!
          :grin:
          • Like Like x 1
          • Feb 13, 2014
            • Like Like x 1
            • Oct 13, 2011
              Well you can also use steam to take screenshots. Just go to steam > settings > in-game and setup a shortcut key. No need to struggle with mighty paint and prtscr
              • Like Like x 1
              • Useful Useful x 1
              • Jan 3, 2013
              • Jul 8, 2012
                If you can't print screen and take screenshots, you have bigger issues lol. Unless you're on a laptop. Then it's a paint to use print screen. I agree though, simpler is nice for sure.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Apr 24, 2012
                • Feb 3, 2012
                  Very nice guide. Well done, Aprz! :thumbsup:
                • May 31, 2012
                  Awesome! I don't think there are any Apple users but you should include the Apple+Shift+3 or the assigned screenshot key in Options for alternative ways of taking a screenshot.

Private chat you can use sm_say name message into console as an alternative way. Typing in their ID code from status in place of their name, which works well too in case an admin has some shitty/difficult name; or if 10 players have a similar name.

Glad you wrote it dude! This has been needed for a long time! I personally think it should be a sticky in the abuse forums so that people can easily find it when needing now how to create an abuse or submit a ban.
                • Mar 26, 2012
                  On my days off, I'll add how to use Steam to take screenshots, alternative ways to upload demos (due to the recent admin abuse report where the uploaded demo wouldn't work - I believe that's due to the forum), and try to cleanup / condense the guide to make it more friendly to the TL;DR folks. Feedback is appreciated.
                • Dec 17, 2007
                  one thing that i want to add to this is that i've seen admins posting in admin abuse threads that were not even in game at the time

i know that once everyone see's an abuse thread they want to jump in and throw their two cents in, however abuse threads are really for the player making the accusations, the accused admin, ANY OTHER ADMIN THAT WAS IN GAME AT THE TIME, LSA and management, the only reason that the thread is open to the public is so that those fore mentioned can post there

i've seen admins that have nothing to do with the situation think they can try to handle it themselves, again that is for the LSA's and management, if you were not there then there is no real reason for you to even post in that thread all, doing so and i've seen it many times, is that it can actually start arguments within the thread and does nothing to solve the situation, again if you were not there in game at the time the incident happened, then there is no reason for an admin to be posting in the thread to begin with.
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  • Feb 13, 2014
                    Something that should be brought up in admin only threads, not in a guide for the player base. Just my honest opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Dec 17, 2007
                      it doesn't matter…it's info that everyone can use
                    • Feb 13, 2014
                      I am inclined to respectfully disagree with you Orange, but I'm not going to argue or debate something with other admins that concerns only admins in front of the player base. This guide written by Aprz is for the general server populace on how to report other players and admins for wrong doings. Not for admins to call out other admins, directly or indirectly, on their actions.
                    • Feb 27, 2012
                      Moved this to Admin Abuse and Stickied. Great guide @Aprz, don't want it to get buried!
                    • Dec 17, 2007
                      who's calling out admins?…that was just meant as info only
                    Thread Status:
                    Not open for further replies.