Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Reserved Slots

Discussion in The No Count Section started by iProbie, Nov 17, 2012

1. Apr 1, 2012
    What happened if a server (let's say ZE) currently has 63 donors playing in it and then 12 admins/donors wanted to join the server?
    who gets the higher priority in the reserved slots? (aside from the obvious roots)
  2. Jan 14, 2012
    It happened once, 13.7 billion years ago.
  3. Jul 14, 2010
    Nothing would happen, they'd have to wait.
  4. Sep 25, 2010
    I don't think there is a priority system. I think for each don/admin that joins a player get kicked.

EDIT :> You mean not using console?
  5. Apr 1, 2012
    1. what's the limit on the reserved slots available?
    2. if there are limits, how will the system prioritize or handle number of donators/admins above the limits?
    3. can you divide by 0?
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    Why 12? Arbitrary? At any rate if the server is full of donators & admins only, then no one would be able to join. There is no priority. The only time players with reserved access can join is if there is a reserve slot free, but if all slots are already taken by players with access, they're not going to be kicked to make room for other players with access.

As far as priority goes for kicking NON-donators/admins who don't have reserved access, when a donator/admin joins it finds whatever player has the highest latency and kicks them - spectators are selected first.
  7. Apr 9, 2012
    Just a couple of minutes ago, on predator, there were 24 spectators...
    Post Merged, Nov 17, 2012
    What would happen if 64 admins are spectating and non can join?
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • May 15, 2011
      That's a pretty big 'What if'. As in it wont happen.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Jan 12, 2011
        This. More than that - Why would there be 64 admins on? And in spectate? That's a ridiculous scenario but to answer the question, no, if any more wanted to join they wouldn't be able to and really with 64 admins on there'd be no reason to anyway.
        Vadleon, Nov 17, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Nov 17, 2012
      • Jun 4, 2006
        • Like Like x 6
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • May 27, 2008
          Then non-admins would have to wait until someone decides to leave. Granted, I don't expect to ever see that many admins on at a time in one server, let alone being dicks and sitting in spectate. We encourage players to let us know if something ridiculous is happening [including a hypothetical question such as this] so LSA+root can deal with it quick and with little to no further interruptions.
        • Oct 17, 2011
          Than I call Retslag1 to kick all of them.
        • Oct 9, 2012
          Not if The admin party was at his house..
        • Jun 18, 2012
          Heard something about a ''Drinkything'' going on when that happened ...
        • May 27, 2008
          Drinkything didn't come close to populating and locking out an entire server. As cool as that sounds to me, I don't think my event would ever become that much of a problem in our servers, and if they did, you can rest easy know I'm doing my hardest moderating it, keeping people in line.