Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Restrict autosnipers on ze

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by fool54321, Apr 8, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 25, 2011
    Ok first off let me say that autosnipers do a shitload of damage, especially at medium/close range. And nearly all the defend points in zombie escape are close/medium range. The autosniper spray is also super accurate (as long as your aiming down the scope) at close/medium range.

At long attack range you simply wait a second between shots to control the guns spray and you'll hit your target.

And im not sure what the damage values are but im pretty sure the commando does 85 damage for chest shots and 100+ for headshots. The terrorist autosniper does 100+ for a chestshots and headshots are like 140 damage. (im not sure if these are correct though but its something like that)

Basicly what im saying is, when i get just 2 of those guns shooting at me i can see my hp go from 3000 to 1000 in about 3-5 seconds, which = epic rape for zombie team = most ze maps are too human friendly because of autosnipers! = zombie escape isnt as much fun because escape is a whole lot better when its challenging for the human team! (this is why maps like helms deep, voodoo islands, mako, predator, underground, sewer, and sorrento escape are fun. Where maps like titanic, rollermine factory are boring cuze they are too human friendly)

Ah and helms deep, that map is completly ruined by autosnipers imo. Because ever since those guns got unrestricted helms deep has been a human friendly map and we beat it all the time anymore. The map was better when it was super challenging. And it just plain sucks being zombie on that map because as soon as you try and run up that ramp to break the door, you get raped by 2-3 autosniper noobs standing on top of the gatehouse. And the ladders get shot down very quickly because of the autosnipers damage and accuracy.

And underground escape is ruined too, people just camp at the fans with autosnipers and soon as a zombie jumps over a fan the humans will shoot the zombie back into the fan killing them. And i have seen this cause many rage quits. Plus humans can get to the end of the map without too many zombies chasing them cuze they are all in spectate from dieing in the fans. Or they simply left the game.

And it is true that autosnipers require you to stand still for them to be effective, but when it comes to running and gunning for these players you just switch to your pistol and use that.

Conclusion: autosnipers grief zombies!

My suggestions:
    1. restict autosnipers.
    2. autosnipers ammo should be greatly reduced, so instead of 800 bullets they should be at the default 90 + the 30/20 in the clip.
    3. give zombies more speed and hp.

And remember this is for escape only. I dont play the other servers so i dont care if they have autosnipers or not. And i also think my suggestion should be taken greatly into consideration because i am a regular on the escape server. You can even check hl states page im the number one mofo on the server to prove i play it a lot.
  2. Oct 22, 2010
    no1 cares if you are a regular or play alot, everyone gets treated equally.

autosnipers are part of the game, and as you have stated there are more zombie sided maps than human sided, there will always be cases like this, we are not going to remove a weapon to make it easier for the zombies, there needs to be balance.
  3. Feb 13, 2011
    Scouts are part of the game too
    But since pF restricted them, you can't use that argument :smile:
  4. Feb 12, 2011
    Wich is being taken away by autosnipers.
    Ps. Leave AWP's restricted, it ruins maps with bosses.
  5. Apr 9, 2007
    You're supposed to be progressing forward, why would any weapons be restricted on ZE? Every single weapon has an upside and downside.

If the purpose of the game was to camp. Sure, this would make sense. However, this is not what ZombieEscape is.

If the AWP was/is restricted, someone is most definitely not imploring common sense.
  6. Dec 7, 2010
  7. Jan 25, 2011
    Can we atleast reduce the ammo from 800 to maybe 200?

And i know its running from zombies, but there are defend points in ze.

And i noticed most people against this are admins/donators, who have special zombie skins with more hp so autosnipers may not seem as bad to you. But with the normal zombie skins they kill to fast.
  8. Feb 13, 2011
    Am I missing something? Isn't the scout restricted on ze?
  9. Apr 9, 2007
    Globally? or just on Auto Snipers? There was a thread wanting to increase this value was there not?

This is where AutoSnipers would prove to be most effective.

I don't even play. I'm just looking at this from a gamers perspective and it seems silly.

Someone has missed something, then.
  10. Jan 25, 2011
    Just autosnipers. Just like how awps have 200 ammo instead of 800. Autosnipers should be the same. And yes theres a thread to increase ammo for all guns but im talking about reducing ammo just for autosnipers.

And yes they are effective at defend points, but they take zombie hp down extremely fast.
  11. Feb 13, 2011
    Well I just checked and it was..
  12. Apr 9, 2007
    So they effectively act as support guns? Since respawn is on, and they're slowing down the Zombies, this balances the game. I really do not see the issue here.
  13. Jan 25, 2011
    It greatly hurts the zombie team if a zombie dies and has to start all the way back at spawn. This is one area where things get to human friendly.
  14. Feb 18, 2011
    But at the same time most maps have teleporters in the maps for just that occasion, Not all yes but at least half if not more. Using that same argument all weapons should be restricted cause they hurt the zombie team by killing zombies and doing damage.
  15. Jan 25, 2011
    True that about half the maps we have teleport zombies to the humans. But there are also maps that have an afk killer that kills them right when they respawn. Or like i said zombies have to start over at the beginning of the map.

And i think the maps that do have a teleporter are voodoo islands and helms deep, which are especially tough on zombie hp cuze of the long lasting defend points.

And the rest of the guns in css dont have the power or range that the autosnipers have. I mean i know the p90 and m249 are great guns but they are really only good at close range. Or the awp is also a great gun but only if the player can land headshots, which takes a lot of skill.
  16. Feb 12, 2011
    AWP is restricted.
    It created human clusterfucks in certain defence points because almost all noobs would take em and ruin chances on alot of (over)played maps.
  17. Jan 25, 2011
    awp isnt restricted. I think the gun your talking about is the scout.
  18. Feb 12, 2011
    I'm pretty sure ray restricted it abit ago.
  19. Jan 25, 2011
    I was just playing jurasic park map and used the awp 4 rounds.
  20. Aug 18, 2006
    Unless you play ZE, you don't know how it affects gameplay. In some maps, they are fine. In others, they affect gameplay profoundly (negatively). Example - AWP in Mako.

I'll monitor this thread. I may at the very least restrict them for certain maps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.