Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Restrict Autosnipers

Discussion in CS:S Custom Maps started by Detonator, Apr 8, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 25, 2010
    Auto snipers are gay, they take the skill out of aiming. Noobs just buy them and kill you in 2/3 shots at very far distances. It's a big disadvantage for the opposing player and ruins the game play.
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    No, if we remove anything it should be the awp. Auto snipers hardly used and you're just qq'in.
  3. Feb 1, 2010
    They should stay. If you dont like auto-snipers go to steam counter strike forum and request in next update to remove them!
  4. Sep 25, 2010
    You have stated the removal of a weapon that takes skill to use and not even stated your reasons.
    First, there is always at least one person who uses an auto sniper when ever possible. Second, how is the fact that it is hardly ever used stop it being removed? It is a weapon that ruins the game play. It should be restricted.
  5. May 27, 2008

We're not going to cater to you every time you find something hindering your personal gaming experience.

If it was a weapon that ruined gameplay, they wouldn't have even included it in fucking Counterstrike 1.3.
  6. Nov 29, 2010
    Seriously? This thread again?

I'm sorry deto, but I see no problems with auto snipers.

You've got bigger problems dealing with hordes of humans shooting you out of a door than an autosnipe
  7. Mar 29, 2011
    Forum should have "im small , i like to cry" section for posters like detonater & 3DG :thumbsup:
  8. Dec 7, 2010
    I don't see an issue with auto-snipers either. There are always pros and cons with every weapon you choose. Auto-snipers need to be stationary to be effective. This means for defensive positions they are great, but they are hopelessly inaccurate when used on the run. Because there are tradeoffs that balance out these various weapons, it simply adds another dimension to the game-play.
  9. Sep 21, 2008
    Why the hell would we restrict weapons?

If you pride yourself in being the better player then you can kill them before they can kill you, or use strategy.
  10. Jan 5, 2007
    I think some people need to learn to show a little respect on here.

Also, Clam, this is the MiniGames server, not ZM/ZE.
  11. Sep 25, 2010
    I'm sorry, forgive me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand you are asking me to not contribute my ideas?
    Counterstrike 1.3 or any other version does not have the same gameplay as MG does. The point of sniping is killing someone with one shot. Auto snipers just take the skill out of sniping. They make players just camp and prolong rounds. The maps we have on MG gives autosnipers an advantage.
  12. Feb 12, 2011
    Forum or ingame, it's both admin disrespect and will get you banned.
  13. Sep 25, 2010
    filthy, post that in the ze section
  14. Jan 25, 2011
    woops i didnt see it was mg
  15. Oct 29, 2010

Also, lol at awp requiring skill.
  16. Aug 18, 2006

This. AWPs require no skill. At all.

I see no reason to restrict autos in MG.
  17. May 27, 2008
    This has been the argument that a lot of times I have seen so much of and I think of it as invalid.
    Awps can give people an advantage.
    All snipers make players camp and prolong rounds.
    any sniper rifle is an advantage as you cannot see 500 yards away with a knife.

I think you just got caught up after getting killed by one and you found it 'an unfair advantage'.

In short, cry more.
  18. Sep 25, 2010
    I don't like your attitude sir. I have not disrespected you in any way. There is no reason for you to talk to me like this.
  19. Jul 20, 2010
    Deto, its not that he is trying to disrespect you or anything. It's I for one am tired of hearing people complain about stuff that doesn't ruin game play at all. Every weapon has trade offs. Also sniping in CS really doesn't take much skill at all you point and shoot and boom you have a kill. You still have to aim with an auto sniper the trade off is a less powerful round with a better fire rate. Sniper rifles give you the ability to shoot from far distances with the draw back of sucking at mid to close range. Just don't poke your head out much and use cover.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.