Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Restrict AWPs.

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by 3DG, Nov 16, 2011

Restrict AWPs?

Yes 5 vote(s) 16.7%
Yes, but only on the mentioned maps. 4 vote(s) 13.3%
No. 21 vote(s) 70.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 12, 2011
    I think AWPs should be restricted, they cause a lack of teamwork and occasionally launch zombies into the humans.

If it isn't restricted on all maps, it should ATLEAST be restricted on predator, mako reactor and paper escape. The bosses on those map require hits, not damage.... For this exact reason AWPs is basically a teamkiller weapon if you join into the boss fights, even if it isn't peoples intention they're fucking the whole team over on those maps. (The bosses have a HP scaling system, that means for every extra person that joins in the required amount of hits goes up.)
  2. Mar 12, 2008

3. Feb 12, 2011
    Since people are purposely taking AWP's on those maps to grief, and noobs are taking them and fuck up the team unknowingly.

Everytime I'm on everyone is complaining about "those AWP fags" and people are getting excessively pissed off by it.

Ps. Could people who just vote no post their logic? :/
    I couldn't see a reason not to restrict them on ATLEAST those maps.
  4. Mar 12, 2008
    I like how you made it so you could see who voted no. I voted no because...why vote yes?

it's a retarded rule.
  5. Feb 12, 2011
    It's not a rule... :/

You have to make a small script to disallow people from buying the weapon on those maps.

And I made it public for that reason.
  6. Mar 12, 2008
    does that mean scout should be banned too?

Also the G3 and SG550 need to be banned as well?

no point is making a script unless you remove all the potential griefing tools.

EDIT: Apparently scout is banned already. lulz.
  7. Dec 7, 2010
    I believe the main reason the scout is banned is due to the speed increase you receive when running.
  8. Feb 12, 2011
    Autosnipers hardly have knockback, they're also not even close as bad to the bosses as awps.

Thus they're no griefing tools.
  9. Apr 29, 2011
    Hey, taters, can I borrow you avatar for a second? I need to facepalm, but I want it to be epic.

A.)While, yes, the awp could possibly be used to grief team on boss, it has use on the rest of the map before the boss, due to that epic knockback.

B.) If the whole team was using awps, then it'd be a problem. No, only at most 4 people do it, and don't refer to Mako, I have seen it beat on extreme I while four guys were awping.

C.) Can you prove that they are trying.to grief? Are they purposefully trying to kill the team, it are they just better headshotting with the awp?

D.)I I swear, if you spam my Steam chat about this like you did the last couple of topics, I will rip your face off. I've had.enough of that, especially since when.you get on, its usually late night/early morning for me.

E.) LIke Taters said, remove all of the briefing tools or there is no point. By you logic, leave only the p90 and m249, seeing as how they're the best against bosses, using anything but the best choice = griefing.

Sidenote: My odd is appeased by the fact the No vote goes LSA, LSA, regular admin, LSA, LSA, regular admin.
  10. Feb 12, 2011
    B.) I'm talking about mainly Extreme II, predator and paper escape massacre, it fucks up the team if one out of 20 people takes an AWP, thus it's an easy tool to grief w/o being obvious.

C.) I never said every AWPer is by point a griefer, I said that they were either griefers who plain knew what they were doing or they're simply noobs that don't play ze often. This is why restricting AWPs would stop both.
  11. Aug 5, 2010
    Ok so what your saying is helping out a team by pushing a zombie back for 75% of the game is not helping, and for 25%(Boss) of the game is griefing, even tho they pushed back 50% of the zombie... Look not everyone a google around here. Even in paper escape massacre the awp can be useful.

P.S. Most of the people with awp's have a good secondary like dullies of a deagle.
  12. Jul 20, 2010
    Another topic about this sigh. No it wont be restricted every gun serves a purpose the AWP having massive knock back on it. If someone is launching the zombies ahead of the humans that easy enough to deal with since we have a rule against griefing/trolling which that would fall under. Also for the bosses they can use their secondary if they want or the AWP. People need to drop this issue its like what the 4th time someone has made a topic about this?
  13. Jul 14, 2010
    How about we only allow the m249 and p90? How ridiculous does this sound. They are a part of the team and help by sniping zombies back farther. You need to get past your obsession with winning on ze and have fun for once.
    The reason they are not restricted is because they do not hinder gameplay and still bring effective teamwork to the game. If you had any evidence someone was purposely doing it to grief, how you can get this I do not know, show it.
  14. Aug 10, 2011
    I'd like to take note of the fact that only admins said no so far, the people that have said yes are all the supporters/donators and regulars...Just sayin'.

Hoo to the fucken ray awp has epic knockback but guess what? It also has epic knockup, hazaa we have to restart Minas_Tirith stage 2 3 times because of zombies getting shot over the wall. Awps ARE a tool for griefing, whether it's intentional or unintentional I'm going to be shot in the head sent flying and massacre the humans, don't argue with me it's happened several times.
  15. Nov 29, 2010
    Reason being is because the ones replying have been on longer than you, and have seen no problems with the awp. Admins watch all the zm servers for griefers, so if there is one deliberately launching zombies, then tell an admin, we can deal with it. If you're just posting to cry about it, it's your fault for not telling an admin, we are all always logged into steam. There is still no valid reason to remove it.
  16. Jul 20, 2010
    Implying that the admins don't play on ZE? Just saying. Like I said earlier we already have a rule in place for people that try to use the AWP to grief by launching zombies into humans or ahead on purpose. Still waiting for an actual good reason for why AWPs should be removed other than derp it doesn't help on boss fights or people can grief with them. People can grief even without the AWPs so that point is invalid.
  17. Aug 10, 2011
    On Minas Tirirth there are always more than 4 people that buy awps, they justify it by saying the map is huge and that awps are effective, they are not trying to grief but when 8 people have awps a zombie will eventually be shot in the head whether on purpose or by accident and will be sent flying and ussualy kills the humans, this is not about crying this happens frequently, on mines of moria, minas tirith and helms deep. I'm sure some people are doing it on purpose but I'm shooting zombies not focusing on what the 8 guys with awps are, if you want to find 1/8 of them griefing go spectate them yourself kthxbai. The other 7/8 will still be awping not griefing and awp a zombie on the head and send him flying to massacre every1 unintentionally.
  18. Nov 29, 2010
    And those people with awps somehow magically teleport behind zombies and shoot them at humans..? Only times I see zombies get air time with the awp is when someone shoots them into an angled slope. That being said, there is no possibility for a zombie to be shot into a human if the person is shooting away from the crowd.
  19. Aug 10, 2011
    I'm not implying that admins don't play ze I'm sayin' you might want to take into account what the rest of the community wants not just the admins, not to mention the regulars/donators that have posted play ze often, Meeko, myself and Cazador are on more often than most of the admins. It's unfortunate that more of the regulars and people that like the server don't have accounts on the forum, then they complain about the changes :/
  20. Aug 10, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.