Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Implemented Returning Admin Button?

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by Vadleon, May 26, 2012

1. Jan 12, 2011
    So I've noticed in the last month 15 admins have resubbed. Their threads primarily consist of posting the required admin info and optionally saying "I'm back!" However, in the couple most recent ones for Ghost and Sajak a template with more details was being used/improved. I like this idea since it organizes information for LSA's/Roots to review and (hopefully) allows them to check off threads more quickly.

What I suggest is that we add a "Returning Admin Template" button next to the "Welcome Message" one below the chat box. Combining ideas and tweaking the arrangement, I think it should feature the following lines of info:

In game name: ----
    Steam ID: ----
    Paypal Profile ID: ----

SourceBans account: Active / Inactive / Unknown / Help / etc.
    Previous admin level: 1 / 2 / 3
    Link to last promotion thread (if 2+): (insert link)

Re-training: Needed / Maybe? / None / etc.
    Previous sub expiration: (date or ballpark days/weeks/etc. ago)
    Link to last purchase thread: (insert link)

While it won't see quite as much use as the Welcome Message, I'm hoping people notice it and use it in the coming summer break months. Let me know what yall think!
    Credit to Ghost/Brian for the original ideas.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
      Vadleon, May 26, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, May 26, 2012
    • Sep 25, 2010
    • Oct 17, 2011
    • May 14, 2011
    • Feb 12, 2012

Can we also have the pre-done template for newcoming admins also?
    • Jun 4, 2006
      Wouldn't make sense to put this below the quick reply as it isn't a reply to a thread. It would need to be somewhere on the /create-thread/ template. There's already a notice on that template which informs them of the very basic info:

Now I plan on leaving that as is, as I want it to catch a new admin's attention especially and ensure he/she creates the thread properly. However, I've decided to remove the required information from the notice, and instead include the two separate templates above the editor:

The View Examples button renders:

This is live now and can be seen here: http://plaguefest.com/forums/admin-subscriptions.98/create-thread
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
        Brian, May 26, 2012 Last edited by Brian, Jan 6, 2014
      • Jan 12, 2011
        I don't know how I forgot that it's for starting a thread and not replying. My goof! :sweat:

And yay! It looks great Brian! Thank you for considering and implementing this idea!
      • Oct 8, 2009
      • May 14, 2011
        Wohooo I made my mark on history as a pioneer of this system!
      • Feb 20, 2011
        Returning Admins should have to enter through a cat-flap. Purely so someone can say "I knew you'd come crawling back"
        • Funny Funny x 1