Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Rift: Planes of Telara

Discussion in Gaming started by Josh, Jan 8, 2011

1. Jan 5, 2007
    I love how Taters shows his blatant fanboi-ism for WoW in here whenever anyone tries to make it seem like WoW isn't the only thing worth living for. :whistling:

Taters, when WoW was released Blizzard just copied elements from other successful MMOs at the time, and used the good parts to try and make something better. In the end, they made a child's game that is now the ridicule of any serious game developer out there. The only reason WoW claims to have such high subscriber numbers is due to them including trials and inactive accounts in the figures. Then look at how many people run multiple accounts to 'solo' the raids without other players. The actual player count goes down a bit more.

As for the UI that WoW uses? They are hardly the first to have a UI like that. In fact, almost every 'fantasy' MMO before and after WoW has a strikingly similar UI setup. Sure, you can customize the UI on WoW, but you can do the same on plenty of other MMOs as well.

To be honest Taters, you need to stop trying to shove WoW down everyone's throats all the time, and just 'go back to WoW' as they say. If you love the game, then that's fine, go play it. Don't need to say a game is garbage just because it 'looks like WoW' when you haven't even tried it out.

/rant
  2. May 27, 2008
    I like it when Reaper plays EVE, he leaves us alone.
  3. Mar 12, 2008
    i just read the last part. im not trying to shove it down peoples throats, otherwise i'd garbage can this rift game and command you all to waste your money on something worthwhile.

BTW how's eve.

also gold writing+ white forum skin= didn't read your entire poast. STICK TO THE TOPIC YO!

super excited for rift
  4. Jul 20, 2010
    I'm with reaper on this one. WoW did just take everything that was good from OTHER mmo's and made this very easy game that anyone can play. They did a good job at it, but I rather play games that take some sort of skill like tibia, sacred, eve and now rift.
  5. Mar 12, 2008
    if you want skill in an MMO go play runescape. all your shit drops when you die.

also raper you conveniently hovered over the same points i made out to badgrueil. or w/e

but whatever. everyone here looks to shit on me so its ok. I am the shit master
  6. May 27, 2008

OH MAI GAWD. THE CHATBOX IS AT TEH BOTTOM LEFT HAND CORNER OF THE SCREEN!!!!!!!! TEY COPYED COUNTER STRIKE.

In all seriousness, there is only so much you can do with a UI. Games share a common UI style for a reason.
  8. Oct 22, 2010
    or EverQuest - go kill something solo, oh you can't, good luck finding a group (5-6 players) that doesn't suck ... hahahaha
  9. Mar 12, 2008
    I was pointing out the similarities, i'd rather have a much more basic UI that is different, and customizable rather than a cookie-cutter MMO one. Movable mini map, movable chat box, the actions bars are the same which means you cant reposition those. it wouldn't hurt to add options like that.

little things like those attract me greatly. a non-moving UI is a turn-off since everything will be in the way.
  10. Jun 26, 2010
    You can't deny that the UI is extremely similar in this game, and he never said anything about WoW being the first game to have a setup like that. It looks like a game he plays, so he compared it to a game he played. And having played EQ2 and WoW i can easily say i like WoW more, but i have also been a fan of blizzard since i played the original warcraft when i was 6 and have played every game from the franchise since then, so it makes me a little biased. And as for WoW being a joke? WoW is probably one of the most successful games out there. I guarentee 95 out of 100 people have atleast heard of World of Warcraft. My grandmother even knows what it is. You can't say that for any other MMO so as far as I'm concerned, even if it is "childish and easy" it works and people like it.

And i'm 99.9% sure Taters is just saying all of this to troll all the anti-wow people.
  11. Mar 16, 2008
    Counter Strike: Source copied Halo because it has guns, a radar, things to shoot at, flashlights, things talking, and even explosives.
    /s
  12. Dec 12, 2010
  13. May 27, 2008
    ITT people get their feelings hurt when successful mmos are mentioned.
  14. Oct 22, 2010
    most successful i highly doubt that considering games like EverQuest have been out since 1999 and still running

everyone has heard about WoW because they over advertise everything lol, who plays WoW really 8-15 year olds, that is who they aim for that is why all there games are easy and you level to 80 within a week. impatient kids.
  15. Nov 30, 2010
    Unless you're a wizard or a bard and good at kiting. I saw a vid of a bard kiting a whole zone. Took him 20 mins and at the end got 1 aa. How sick is that? It was a PoP zone.
  16. Nov 30, 2010
    Yes, this is exactly why I refuse to play HALO!
  17. May 27, 2008
    Depsite what's been said about Halo, it has a wonderful storyline.
  18. Mar 12, 2008
  19. Jan 5, 2007
    Just thought I'd mention, my EVE account has actually been inactive for a while now. Besides, I've got too much going on lately to dedicate the time I'd need for EVE.

Don't take my previous post as something anti-WoW though. In actuality it's a decent game if you play it on a good private server. Most of what turns people away from WoW is the childish community and how easy the game is. I've played on a few private servers for it and they all had something different that made the game interesting, unlike retail. But eventually they all get to the same point where it's either too easy and you get bored, or too much of a grind and you don't have the time for it.
  20. Nov 29, 2010
    I'm trying out EVE at the moment, kind of like it actually