Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

rings of death

Discussion in Gaming started by killme, Dec 21, 2007

1. Feb 12, 2007
    Im expecting them any day now but i have a release day 360 and haven't gotten any red ring save for the one time i plugged the brick in in the wrong order and the xbox had a power error.(picky thing mine is) I have an intercooler but removed it because the fans started to go bad and it sounded like a dieing cat, so loud i had to turn my TV up over 50% to hear the fastropes on Rainbowsix Vegas. The intercoolers that run off the main power cause the red rings if you plug it in to the cube before you plug it in the wall most of the time. I say get one of the cooler bases that uses a usb port and has 4 more on the front of it. Microsoft has fixed the issue with the newer ones but not everyone has 350$ to go get a new 360 so their gunna be fixing them for a while. But look on the brightside, you get the red ring and send it to Microsoft, they sent you a totaly new system, they stoped sending referbs cuz they sometimes had issues and Microsoft wouldnt take it if you sent one in once already. Youd have to pay to get it fixed a second time.
  2. Dec 21, 2007
    The bad thing about getting a new one is, all our memory is lost.
  3. Feb 12, 2007
    your not supposed to send your harddrive with it, if you do they normaly sendit back with the new system, thats why when you call them for the information they tell you not to send the harddrive with it.
  4. Apr 9, 2007
    Its not all lost! the EEprom is still hard coded into the Xbox internal flash rom, along with your live account (For the original xbox thats the case atleast.)
  5. Dec 20, 2007
    I suggest sending it in,sure it might take awhile ,but you get 3 years of extra warrenty . plus the sooner you send it in the the fasters you get to play it , plus if they break it send it in again, its better than breaking your xbox messin around with it
  6. Apr 9, 2007
    As long as you don't open it or pour a liquid on it, I don't possibly see how it would void your warrenty. Unless if you managed to hook it up to a car battery...
  7. Dec 30, 2006
    if you open the case it voids the warranty or atleast with the playstation it does. When people return it if it has been opened there is a thing that pops up on the case that says voided cause they ruined the warranty. So do not open or try and repair the system yourself cause you loose the warranty than.
  8. Mar 23, 2008
    and u might ose your memory if u send it in
  9. Jan 22, 2007
    Not if you have a harddrive, in which case you hold onto it. The few dozen bucks for a 12gig drive is waaaaaaay worth it, never have to worry about save space, get to put music and movies on, etc.
  10. Mar 24, 2008
    wow Ring of Death are thing u don't see everyday >.>
  11. Apr 9, 2007
    Just upgrade it.... The only thing protecting it is the fact that the XBox/360 hard drive is locked.
  12. Jan 17, 2008
    my friends opened and shot a gear out and hit me in the ear while we were playing COD4

Scared the living shit out of me i almost died :pirate: lol

he sent it back
  13. Mar 16, 2008
    my first 360 got rings of death, took 4 months for microsoft to get it back to me..
  14. Oct 27, 2007
    wrap it in a towel next time. two of them leave it for 20 mins. pluged in

everything else taken off though

harddrive.
    tv cords
    inner cooler.
    anything but the power cord

then test it out after that.

if that doesnt work then search it on youtube.com
  15. Mar 31, 2008
    get something to cool a 360, or wait until ps3 drops down to $300
  16. Oct 27, 2007

PS3's still sell good. even with the price theyre at >.>
  17. Dec 28, 2007
  18. Mar 31, 2008
    i heard that they might drop around june/july
  19. Mar 16, 2008
    im waiting on ps3, no reason to buy one at the moment, Every popular game on ps3 is already on 360 which I own, also got a wii ^^
    but MGS is coming out this summer, it is said that there will be a bundle pack with the newer version of ps3 with the game. im going to get it then. also if they make a silver version for the game. happy day
  20. Mar 31, 2008
    haha same spar, i got a wii but i rarely play it though. all the good ps3 games are coming late this year and its always in stock at nearby stores so no hassle waiting