Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

RIP 6th DVR Box

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by MszImmy, Mar 31, 2013

1. Jul 8, 2012
    Oh Comcast, how I dread your refurbished pieces of shit you hand out as DVR's, my sixth one I've received due to past ones being shit died today. How you might ask? Well, it started unraveling, yes unraveling, the cable in port decided to unscrew while I was unscrewing the Coax cable and I simply snapped the port outta the DVR box, I'll be returning it in the morning and demanding a refund along with a piece of shit that isn't refurbished. Gonna get some sleep, gotta save some anger for the comcastic employees in the morning!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • May 31, 2012
    • Mar 20, 2011
      The Motorola RNG200N is bulletproof. But if you live in a plant which has Scientific Atlanta, Cisco, or Pace DVR's, I feel for you.
    • Jun 11, 2012
      I've joined the rank of cable cutters last year and it feels fan-freaking-tastic. There is a little fiddling but I love it.

If that port hardware snapped, they outright gave you a broken one and not even a refurbished one. And if you are semi paying for it (in full or renting), they shouldn't be giving you a refurb unit since you are losing on the end side.

I've learned that if you continuously complain to ISP/Cable Provider you can not only get your hardware for free but your bill reduced to a very good amount. When I left my ISP they straight up put in a order to have my 200$ bill reduced to 80$ for 2 years if I stayed.