Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Rock the vote

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Super Mario, Jul 29, 2012

1. Oct 17, 2011
    I know this thread has been created multiple times in the past and I hope this does not bother everyone but since the afk manager does not work and kick spectators, it is becoming harder for people to rock the vote and get the required amount to change a map while all these afk's are in spec not rocking the vote.My suggestion is to not count the player in spectate to be in one of the rock the vote( hope you understand what I mean), this way it can be even for players who are not in spec to rock the vote and have the map changed. Last week, we were 40 players on zm playing a badass map. 10 were in spec(afk) and 30 people playing and we reached 30 out of 38(I think) because everyone that was playing rocked the vote and the map did not change because of the afk's.please, if there is a plugin or something to make an afk not be required in rock the vote, that would be nice. Thank you.
  2. Jan 5, 2012
    I thought the rtv required to change the map was a lot less with 40players, somewhere around 20 to 25 rtvs. But still im with u mario, its annoying having rtv rate increase due to afk players.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Apr 1, 2012
      rtv roughly requires 60-70% of total number of players in the server (at least in ZE).
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Yeah it's been getting really hard to get rtv's lately. Sorta pointless to tell people to rtv, we rarely get enough votes.
    • Feb 9, 2012
      you need the vote of 3/4'th of the server...so 75%. but keep in mind some people actually dont want to rtv.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Also keep in mind that people who are in spectate rock the vote, and go afk so they don't have the play a map they don't like.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Oct 17, 2011
        They can go And pick a,team then rock the vote. It won't kill them to do it. Most of these spectators are always afk and cause everyone that wants to rtv a map to not change it. I would prefer removing the increase of rtv for spectators just as Senya said. This way, people that are playing get to rtv if they all want to change the map and keep playing if they don't want and it makes it even for the nb. of rtv.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        To sum this up: "I'd like it if players who are in spectate were not counted for the needed percentage to rtv. Thanks!"

Is this statement accurate @Super Mario?
      • Aug 2, 2010
        If you remove all the fluff, yes this is correct Kylie.
      • Nov 11, 2011
      • Jul 18, 2012
      • Oct 17, 2011
        I thought people were going to ignore my suggestions just like they always do but there ya go, the statement is accurate. It would be better to have these afk's not counted in rtv. Is it going to happen?
      • May 14, 2011
        Remember, this would mean that specs cannot RTV, otherwise the count would be unfair. Also if people move to spec their RTV would be taken back.
      • Oct 17, 2011
        They can type rtv again after they respawn. It's all their fault and it's too bad. I'm sick and tired of playing maps like gl33 last week while everyone playing typed rtv and the map did not change because of 12 spectators. If admins move themselves to spectate, then they can rtv again when they respawn. It's fair and square. It is not that hard to type rtv from a keyboard. Afk's or spectators don't decide wether to change the map or not. The players who are spawned do.
      • Feb 14, 2012
        I'm not sure we should drop their nominations on the way to spec though just their RTV. We already have a problem with two people specifically fucking with the nomination system on ZE. I don't think we should be giving them more opportunity to do it.
      • Jun 2, 2012
        Yeah i think that spectators should be able to keep their nomination but loose their privilege of rtv'ing.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Apr 9, 2007
          I actually disagree. If you're not playing, why should you be voting? It's like having map nominations for the server on the site. Anyone can nominate a map, count towards the rtv count, or vote for the next map. If they're not playing and just idling, they shouldn't have anything to do with it.
        • Feb 14, 2012
          That's all fine and good but how do we handle assholes who nominate popular maps and then just before the map vote marker drop into spec to dump their nomination? Do we simply punish them as they do this? It's going to happen.
        • May 14, 2011
          Some people who dont like the map wait in spec till the map is over, don't forget those people.
        • Feb 14, 2012
          My response to that is why the fuck are they doing that in the first place? Disconnect. They shouldn't be wasting server slots when others are at the door.