Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Root Display / New AFK Manager.

Discussion in Server Updates started by Kyle, Apr 14, 2012

1. Apr 9, 2007
    Fixed some outstanding issues with the servers, including the AFK Manager kicking 'dead' players. This should now function properly under ND and CS:S. I've rewritten Root Display to be a bit more efficient and use less memory (We're still talking about kB here). You may now utilize this tool that I've been using pretty much exclusively along with some of my peers and LSAs. The command is !rdisplay. There are other changes as well, but I don't think anyone will notice them.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

6000th post urr ur urrururur
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Nice job man. I hope now zm does not get full anymore because of 16 spectators like last week.
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Thanks Kyle! What is different about the AFK manager? Does it automatically clear out the AFK's now, so we don't have to use !clearafks anymore? @Kyle

EDIT: Ok I have another question. How did you re-orient the position of your net_graph display?
    • Apr 9, 2007
      It's more hostile now, so there shouldn't be the 4 minute buffer or so per kick, rather 10s.

net_graph_pos 2 I think?
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Mar 16, 2012
        hey look its me I and thats what must have been different about the server no afks
      • Dec 7, 2010
        Kyle, I hate to be a party pooper but the new afk manager doesn't seem to be kicking anyone, even with over a dozen non-subscribers in spectate.

As for the wonderful Root Display, there has been one parameter I've been hoping (if at all possible) for a line indicating the current number of RTVs pending and number required for map changes. I always found that information quite helpful.

Thanks.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Apr 9, 2007
          The 11 minute requirement of being in spectate (now this is after they've been moved by the plugin, so this has changed) is still there. I don't think clearafks respected this before, however it does now.

First I've heard about it. I'll see what I can do.
        • Dec 7, 2010
          For clarification, only persons in spectate for more than 11 minutes will be qualified to be removed by clearafks?

AWESOME!
        • Jul 19, 2011
          i just got a boner looking at the photos.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jun 10, 2011

Nezumi 케이티: Brian?
            Brian: nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
            Brian: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
            Brian: aaaaat
            Nezumi 케이티: people keep getting kicked for being in a donator slot?
            Nezumi 케이티: what's that about
            Nezumi 케이티: [AFK Manager] Kicking C0MET, THE SANIC BANANIC for using a Donor Slot.
            Nezumi 케이티: [AFK Manager] Kicking Mar1299 for using a Donor Slot.
            Nezumi 케이티: [AFK Manager] Kicking lolwut for using a Donor Slot.
            Nezumi 케이티: [AFK Manager] Kicking ryan for using a Donor Slot.
            Nezumi 케이티: [AFK Manager] Kicking Mar1299 for using a Donor Slot.
            Nezumi 케이티: [AFK Manager] Kicking Elkwood677 for using a Donor Slot.
            Brian: is it aggressive?
            Brian: you need to yell at Kyle asap if it is
            Brian: he updated his afk manager
            Nezumi 케이티: That's all happened in the past 10mins
            Brian: hmm
            Nezumi 케이티: and it's not because a donator is connecting
            Nezumi 케이티: 'cause that's this;
            Nezumi 케이티: [SourceMod] Kicking -L- to make room for a Donor.
            Brian: right
            Brian: id post it to his afk manager thread in server updates
            Brian: it might be an issue
            Brian: im not sure
            Nezumi 케이티: k
            Brian: i dono how it does its timing
          • Apr 9, 2007
            Tries to keep four slots free at all times. In that specific case, someone probably ran sm_clearafks. It's impossible for it to kick a number of clients at the same time on its own, checks occur every 10s and if someone in the pool matches, they're kicked.
          • Jun 10, 2011
            It wasn't all at the same time, as I said in the quote, that was the last 10mins worth.

And if it tries to keep 4slots free at all times, why are the people allowed to connect to those spots in the first place? A bit unfair to make them disconnect and reconnect every 10secs, better to not allow them atall until a slot is open.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Apr 9, 2007
              I believe we're on two separate pages. Clients idling in Spectate for longer then 3 minutes will be kicked to free a slot for a new client (This was 11m and 6s, but as Harvey pointed out, that's a bit nuts). If it's a player playing the game, they of course will not be removed. If there is no one in the pool to be kicked, no one is kicked and we're sitting at either a full, or close to full server. AFKMan will still check every 10s, but will dump out if no one in the pool matches. Donors/Admins will still be moved to Spectate as well, but at this present time they will not be kicked. It's possible to have a 60/60 server with no spectators and AFKMan wont do anything at all until someone is moved to spectate, and they're there for three minutes.

Why are we allowing clients to connect in the first place? I'll raise your question with another question, Why prevent players from playing the game uninterrupted?

On a semi-related note, this is completely different then when donors connect. If there are no spectators, the person with the highest ping will be removed, playing the game or not. This has remained static for well over a year now.

I hope this was helpful with your quest.

EDIT: wtf. 6 kicks in 10 minutes on a full server? :dontknow: Is there an issue here?
              • Like Like x 1
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Jun 10, 2011
                Pretty sure at least 2 of those people (can't speak for the others as I wasn't watching them) were playing when kicked, and reconnected almost instantly.

EDIT: Though as I haven't seen someone not in spec get kicked since, perhaps I mistook people who were using their mics to actually have been playing... =/
                • Like Like x 1
                • Apr 9, 2007
                  Remember, Donor Slots are different then what's going on with the AFK Manager.
                • Jun 10, 2011
                  They weren't kicked for a donator though... am I missing something here? QQ
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Feb 9, 2012
                    hey @Kyle id like to maybe suggest having the sourcemod kick for a donator to randomize the person it kicks because i've noticed lately that (if nobody is in spectate or they're all just admin/donors) itll kick the non-donor with the highest ping. Because of this it seems to target the same person everytime they log in and in some way this will probably promote less people to subscribe for donor/admin since the players with low ping will likely be absent target of the kick. I just figure maybe it can pick a random non-donor instead just to make it seem a bit more fair so our loyal players with high ping arent subjected to being kicked because of their ping.
                  • Feb 14, 2012
                    I would think being kicked repeatedly would encourage someone to donate.
                  • Feb 9, 2012
                    that's true, but if it's more random, all players will be prone to getting kicked. If i had only 44 ping and was a non-donator i would not be scared at all of being kicked as the only time that would happen is if i was in spectate. Nobody wants to get kicked WHILE they're playing so if this is targetting only players who are actively playing with high ping, then all it really does it piss them off because they know they're gonna be the first target and eventually will figure out that there's no point in playing on the server unless they get donator because Ifthey rejoin and it decides to kick someone for a donator, it'll likely be the same exact person it'll kick.

I just think this kind of prioritizing isn't really a good idea.
                  • Apr 12, 2012
                    Speaking as a non-donator with a low ping, I agree, that IS how I think (subconsciously).

If my opinion matters on this at all, I think its a great idea. Or maybe go halfway and kick a random person with over 100 ping?