Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Rotation cleaning?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Satin Storm, Nov 29, 2013

1. Mar 8, 2013
    as a counterpoint to Orange's poll, perhaps we should start thinking about maps that can be removed in order to make room for new additions?

here are some that are often RTVed or complained about when they're played. there are others that i'm not personally fond of, but i'll leave those out because they're more popular.

zm_app7e_betterbworld_jdfix_v3 : glitchable props, and it's downright depressing to play.
    zm_neko_athletic_park_v2 : no cades. eyesore. high chance of RTV.
    zm_survival_f2a : rarely played. only 2 viable spots; long corridor which is extremely unbalanced as long as you have 3 humans, and the very top rim of the map accessed by the ladder.
    zm_arctic_bunker_b2 : the map with the infamous glitchy elevator (that also likes to kill you). get rid of it.
    zm_gd_headquarter_v1_8 : almost never played, especially not during peak hours. hideous color correction when the nuke is activated. 2 good spots?
    zm_worlds_v1_fix : island area = OP to the max. train area = have fun falling off and dying. warehouse area = boring (also comes with a very OP red container).
    ghs_lila_blue_town : this one is somewhat controversial, but fuck it. i do not understand the appeal. does it get played so often because it's first in the nomination list?
    zm_3dubka_v3_pf_ifix : way too large for any server. that zombies have ever won on this map is a miracle. it's being remade by gigabite so we'll see how that goes.
    zm_hangar_pf1 : air control tower is illegal because of the elevator. helicopter can be stopped by humans, hence should be illegal. nothing else about it is interesting or fun. fix it or get rid of it.

any others i'm missing? which maps do you absolutely hate?
  2. Jul 20, 2010
    zm_app7e_betterbworld_jdfix_v3 the glitchable props make it fun and it's not downright depressing to play.
    zm_neko_athletic_park_v2 Having no cades is what makes the map fun since you can just run around or find entertaining spots to hold.
    ghs_lila_blue_town It's a change of pace from normal zm maps like neko is.
    zm_3dubka_v3_pf_ifix Yea it's big, but still a fun map with tons of spots to cade or hold. Wouldn't say its way too big since you can go though the entire map fairly quickly if you know the routes.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Feb 27, 2012
      As much as i hate zm_worlds, i don't think we need any less maps. Sure they suck, but once in a while, it's nice to change the map to them. It's like the feeling of playing a new map and like a big change. The only one that doesn't feel like a huge change from the regular maps is Neko and Blue Town, since they get played frequently out of that list. I could try and contact Jermaine to see if he can send me the VMF to artic_bunker. It has lots of potential if the cades weren't glitchable and the elevator wasn't such a troll. Plus Jzx would have a heartattack if he came back and saw zm_app7e_betterbworld_jdfix_v3 was removed lol.
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • May 16, 2013
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Feb 3, 2012
          zm_worlds_v1_fix in my opinion lacks areas with barricades and is disliked from players when we change to it.
        • Jul 14, 2010
          From what I've heard from zm players lately is they are complaining about the last set of maps removed, (some of which were awful) causing the same maps to be constantly played, and removing these maps would result in the same maps that are already always played on zm being played more. The maps listed aren't the best maps, but they aren't the worst maps and I think they have their places on the server.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 9, 2007
            Indeed, this is a really bad idea. I'm completely open to replacing existing maps with new ones, though.
          • Jun 4, 2006
            FWIW orange's poll/thread is more or less a result of another thread where we removed a bunch of ZM maps.
          • Feb 8, 2013
            3dubka, worlds, and headquarters are the only ones that should be removed from that list in my opinion.
            Post Merged, Nov 29, 2013
            Yes, I understand it's true that it's nice for us to have different maps, but there are some maps that really shouldn't be on the server, and some that should be, are now removed. We need to remove some of these maps to add back the old maps is what Satin is referring to even though a lot of the maps Satin listed are ones that are enjoyable on the server.
            • Informative Informative x 1