Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

RPG Maker VX Ace

Discussion in Creativity started by Taters, Dec 19, 2012

1. Mar 12, 2008
    Did anyone else get this?

On steam it's $70 OR you can go to their website to get a 30 day trial. For me, they offered a $11 off coupon, so it was a little bit cheaper. I am not trying to hype this, as it is more of a tool, than a game. Think "hammer" in CS:S for this. It gives you all the tools you need to create a fully-functioning RPG experience, but it takes lots of time and planning, thought, and patience.

So far i've made the first "part" of the map. This is the starting point, which i'm still not finished with, and it took me roughly 1 3/4th hours to get even to this part. When it's finished, i want it to be something I'm proud of, so this will take a while. (Attachment at bottom)

It allows you to upload your own creation as far as characters, music, sounds, backgrounds, textures go. The tool itself comes already with a variety of things. I put a small story in the spoiler if you want to read it, but it's "meh" and off-topic.

Don't let me hog everything though. This thread is also for anyone else that also got this, I want to see your creations and ideas too!

Attached Files:

2. Mar 23, 2012
    Lol, I had one for free. When I was like ten my mom got me into a computer camp to do my own game and we used rpgmaker. I did like a Final fantasy, and i did my own pac-man ,map and all and i did like a Zelda thing. It's really fun to create your own game, you can do donjon, a story, monster,character it's really fun and intresting. You should definitely try if you didn't.
    Techboomer, Dec 19, 2012 Last edited by Techboomer, Dec 19, 2012
  3. Mar 12, 2008
    I heard about the free ones too. Apparently you can find them online, for free even, but I have no patience to try and locate them, and if it comes to it, parroting is out of the question for me now.

However, i still want to pull ideas. Right now i'm making character backgrounds and stuff. I want to see if I can make it so i can "recruit" people later on (like dragon quest 3 on Gameboy Color(?) by talking to an NPC and being able to pick from a group of people. I wonder if names can be set, or if it's better if people set their own. That would seem to make it more personalized. Better yet - Make it randomized stats for recruited characters, name set by the player, BUT make certain set party members available all over the world after certain points in the game. I might make it so people die for good (party only, after extreme conditions have been met) and you can have the option to recruit more. There's a lot of things i can do here

There's a bunch of ideas i have for characters already, but i can squeeze a few more people in there if people want to be in it. I won't add tons of characters because I don't even have the scope of the story out just yet, but I can add names, and fix their character portraits up/etc.

For this, I would need: Character history, Character personality, Character's purpose, stat priorities, and skill focuses. If you are interested, AND don't mind waiting for a while for this to work, send me a PM with the above. Leave the skill focus to me, but based on your character's description, I may tweak stat priorities a bit.

Extra bit: There are cat ears/panda ears/tails etc. only requirement is no "fursona" attached to it.
    • Funny Funny x 1
      Taters, Dec 19, 2012 Last edited by Taters, Dec 19, 2012
    • Mar 23, 2012
      What kind of character you want, because you can go to a site and get some new character, or you just want the basics like the wizard, the archer, the knights... So the statistic will be basic like Strenght, Powers, Agility, Chance, Wisdom and I will send it to you like Saturday Characters personality ,Character's purpose and Characters History (I'll try to do my best). Didn't undertsand this part Extra bit: There are cat ears/panda ears/tails etc. only requirement is no "fursona" attached to it ??