Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

@ rule 13

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by 3DG, Oct 28, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 12, 2011
    Dumbass rule, seriously how are you ever going to win mako reactor?

I still don't get HOW all LSA+'s agreed, did you seriously take in mind how it would fuck up the only possible strategy??
  2. Jul 4, 2011
    I made a thread about this already in the admin section, but I agree, such a stupid rule that needs to be removed. Totally ruins the map.
  3. Mar 12, 2008

should get a new round of maps altogether
  4. Feb 12, 2011
    Be it overplayed or not, it's the only map that really populates the server.
    (Started about 40 minutes ago with not one active player.. it's now at 20/52.)
  5. Jul 4, 2011
  6. Jul 4, 2011
    Taken from my thread regarding this rule;

"ZE server;

"13. Do not hide map important items.
    This means you can not hide materia or other items in order for humans to die on purpose. You're welcome though to hide them from spammers.
    Punishment: Warning --> kick --> Ban (1 hour to 1 day length)"

"in order for humans to die on purpose" What? Why in the world is this a rule? Hiding with a materia in order to win is a perfectly legitimate way of beating the map. If I were to hide with one, it wouldn't be to get the other humans dead, rather to improve the chances of winning. Let's say the humans are greatly outnumbered (10-30?) at the end, there is no way 10 people can hold them all back for 35 seconds (unless they all have a materia each and knows how to use it, highly unlikely), BUT, if one of them had let's say gravity materia, hid and waited until the end and then used it and won (the other humans would of course unavoidably get zombiefied in either case). Now let's say that person didn't hide and used the gravity as late as possible, the zombies would get everyone right after anyway.

So, why do I have to lower myself down to the 'people who don't know what to do's level and knowledge about the map? Alot of people have been complaining and believe it or not, quit playing on the server due to this rule. I'm going to refrain from playing on the server when that map is on as long as this rule exists"
  7. Mar 12, 2008

It pertains to the map in question, but not in your favor.

If it's such a problem to hide things then it might as well be scrapped.

With all these new mappers wanting to map for ZE hopefully this will be resolved shortly
  8. Feb 20, 2011
    Is it a blanket "Do not" or is it meant for people who would hide it purely to grief?

e.g Hiding something the players need to advance a stage so they all die.

Well, actually what you said had nothing to do with the issue at hand. You spouting the much repeated "Herpa Derpa Mako is overplayed!" Even though it is still very popular with most of the players contributes nothing to this issue, it has no valid input.

Just because it vaguely references the map at hand does not make it valid input either. I could easily have joined the conversation and said "Fire Penguin Disco Panda". And claimed it was still relevant because I said "Fire", referencing the Fire Materia.

Thank you and Good Day Sir.
  9. Mar 12, 2008
    I believe an easier example would be the ring on LotR maps...as in the "ring bearer" jumps off a cliff and dies or stays behind to get killed
  10. Jul 4, 2011
    Being overplayed or not has nothing to do with people hiding with materias at the end. As 3DG said, it's being played a lot because it's a good map and gets the server populated.
  11. Feb 20, 2011
    Well technically both of those are valid options to choose through-out the map. Keeping the ring for yourself still advances the map to the next point, it just takes a different turn.The Map makers enabled this deliberately.

Unless you are referring to someone taking the ring and not opening the door with it?
  12. Jul 4, 2011
    Certainly not, you don't NEED materias to win on Mako, but it does help a lot. You do on the other hand NEED the ring to open the door on Mount doom. If the one with the ring purposedly throws it away/dies/hides, would of course be griefing as he is preventing the humans from progressing in the map.
  13. Feb 12, 2011
    We don't mean that, that'd ofcourse be griefing, but we ment it as in, mako reactor extreme 2. Plaguefest is the hardest ze server that exists, settings wise.... No matter how good your team is, in the end usually 4/5th are zombies. 1/5th exists out of humans, they aren't going to hold off 4/5th zombies. Therefore, people hide with the materias because they could use for example gravity or wind right before the door opens and rush out, so they even have a chance of winning. The chances of winning are less likely if you have the humans with materias helping hold off than if they hide and make a last second rush.
  14. Mar 12, 2008

Personally, when people get bored and half of the server still wants to play one map while the other half of the server would rather play some other map, for example, minas tirath, i seen more people get joy out of fucking up the flow of things than actually doing anything.

although i do not understand how one can play one escape map 40 times in a row.

See it from someone else's view
  15. Jul 4, 2011
    I understand your point, still has nothing to do with the topic though.
  16. Oct 27, 2010
    I'm a little confused. Are you saying that if you all worked as a team then more then one person would win the map?
  17. Jul 23, 2010
    The problem comes when you try and differentiate between griefing and one person just trying to win. It was my understanding that the whole point of ZE is to work together. If you decide to hide with a material by yourself because you believe the group won't win, that certainly makes it so they have no chance. Hence, griefing. Everyone should have a chance at winning, not just the people who believe they are sooo muuuccchhh betttteeerr than the 'people who don't know what to do's level and knowledge about the map." How do they even begin to have a chance at getting better if one person dooms them to fail?
  18. Mar 12, 2008

I'll stop posting then, because it's obviously so off topic.

I just wanted to share my view on the situation.

This is truth^^
    Edit: Just quoted the whole paragraph - pay no attention to this edit >_>
  19. Jul 4, 2011
    What I was trying to say was that Mako is nothing like the LOTR maps such as Mount doom where you are required to progress with the items aquired, but yes, it is possible to win as a team on Extreme 2 if everyone knows exactly what to do and noone dies, which is highly unlikely. I just don't understand how it in any way is grieifing if one person hides with a materia.
  20. Oct 27, 2010
    It just seems to me that the argument that "I can win the map if I get a materia, keep for my own personal use, and hide from the other players until everyone else is dead..." is not necessarily in the spirit of ZE( or Plague Fest). I could be understanding this incorrectly though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.