Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Rule Clarification

Discussion in Help Desk started by s6t6n, Jun 24, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 11, 2008
    I have included the rules in this spoiler for easier reference.

I just had a thread of mine locked because I was using it to recruit. But a quick Ctrl + F on the Rules page reveals no specific rule against "recruiting." Now, I can see where a simple Rule misunderstanding might occur under the Spam and Links policy. I'll post the quote here.

"Promotional links with referral or affiliate ids, etc. are forbidden and will be removed immediately. All personal website links can be added and displayed via your profile. Even in that area the link(s) may be removed for any reason."

My thread was neither promotional or related to a referral/affiliate approach.

Sure, I was introducing my clan (but not promoting it), I may of opened up invitation for anyone to join (but I wasn't referring anyone to), and well, affiliate surely doesn't fit anywhere because I am not trying to get you guys to join some pyramid scheme of mine, or something of the sort.

If you wish to over analyze every single thread that comes into exist on this site, then surely someone who posts a YouTube video should have their thread locked, and link removed as well. They are "promoting" the video, by sharing it with those who have not see it, and they are "referring" you to watch it.

All I did was simply post a link to a STEAM group, where I offered players an opportunity to play with me, under a closer knit relationship. Explained like that, is it honestly so bad? Not in my opinion.

Isn't that the goal of a gaming community? To have a close knit community, and to expand horizons in gaming.

Yes, I am aware of the
    "The above being said, this is a private site. You are not entitled to anything. You do not have guaranteed rights. You have privileges. They can be removed at any time. Much like your favorite local bar, if you get too loud, obnoxious, or abusive, you will be bounced."
    section of the rules.

So yes, any argument I have made above can simply be pushed aside due to this clause, but is that how this community is ran?

Anyways, some more clarification, and specificity in the rules, would be appreciated.

Sincerely, and thanks for your time,
    s6t6n.
  2. Feb 3, 2012
    Most of the general rules on the server still apply to the forums.
    This includes advertising hacks, websites, other servers, and recruiting for clans.

Temporary Ban (1 day) -> Permanent Ban

In this case you had promoted your STEAM group for the purpose of advertising it and having members signing up. It isn't acceptable on the servers and it shouldn't be acceptable on the forums.
  3. Jun 11, 2008
    It doesn't say anything about it being applicable to the the site.

Global Server Rules

All Plague Fest servers are subject to these rules.
    No advertising.
    (top)

This includes advertising hacks, websites, other servers, and recruiting for clans.
  4. Feb 3, 2012
    Common sense. If it's against the rules on the servers what makes you think it wouldn't be on the public forums where anyone can access and post what they want?
  5. Jan 5, 2014
    For what its worth, his clan is just for shits and giggles. He's advertising, but... not really.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Nov 20, 2013
      if you think this is funny, it really is not
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 11, 2008
        The fact that is clearly states that those are the rules subject to PF servers.

And that the rules I listed were subject to the site.

Two different things.

Common sense.
      • Feb 3, 2012
        Not true, like I stated before. Similar rules apply. No Racism on server, No Racism on site. No personal info in game, No personal info on site. No recruiting for clans in game, No recruiting for clans on site.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        What made you think it was OK to advertise on our website? And then after having your link removed TWICE, you decided to skirt around it a third time? Either you're slower than molasses, or you're trolling. Take a step back before you do something stupid.
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Jan 5, 2014
        • Feb 1, 2011
          • Funny Funny x 2
          • Friendly Friendly x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
          • Jun 11, 2012
            Yo this thread is awesome. Shame on the people who hatin'. Spread the Vegemite on the bumbum!
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Apr 4, 2009
              • Like Like x 1
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • May 27, 2008
              • Jun 10, 2011
                On a more serious note; if anything, the rules on the forums are stricter than the servers as not even partial nudity is allowed on here ^^
              • Oct 24, 2013
                Does anybody here play league of legends?
              • Jun 11, 2008
                • Like Like x 1
                • Jun 11, 2012
                  Since this thread has become a @Jed-fication of platitude to a descent of mankind ways to sexual connotation to asparaguses. Sorry OP, rules hinder what you were achieving regardless of harmless it may have been. There are other ways to advertising such a thing (like how PF Night Crew did it). Subtle and not using others devices to your mean.
                Thread Status:
                Not open for further replies.