Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Rule that needs to be added to the !rules

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Clearly Trying, Jan 9, 2014

1. Jun 14, 2012
    Tonight I had an issue with some zombies who were assisting a human to keep him alive. For years in Plaguefest it has been frowned upon and against the rules for "zombies to work with humans".

Humans used to launch zombies with knife across map. Resulted in nerfing the knife launch and in a lot of cases punishment if caught doing it at one point.

Humans caught awping zombies across the map in most cases results in a penalty.(on one map that is very common, can't remember the name)

Zombies sit on humans head and a little forward so it makes it difficult to stab the human.(Would have to crouch under the zombie or go around him to stab the human. Also when zombies thought it was funny to spam jump on humans head, which results with messing with your screen and aim. All of that resulted in creation of Goomba Stomp. Again, during the time before goombas, if a zombie was blocking , helping a human, or spam jumping while on top of a human, there was always a warning or penalty.

Tonight a zombie kept pushing machines towards the humans in order to get zombies stuck, and help his friend human stay alive. He wasn't even in the barricade, he was outside finding props to roll over to get people stuck.

I asked an 1 LSAs and 1 Management member and they said it was against the rules for zombies to intentionally get other zombies stuck by trying to help a human. Long story short, there were a few admins in the server at the time; but none took any action to stop the behavior. I looked in the !rules and couldn't find a rule against zombies helping humans, but I know from personal experience and years of playing in PF that zombies and humans aren't suppose to help each other. It would be nice to get that rule added to the !rules for visibility, and so other admins can enforce warnings,etc when this behavior is being done.

That is all :grin:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      Clearly Trying, Jan 9, 2014 Last edited by Clearly Trying, Jan 9, 2014
    • Jan 21, 2011
      I don't know that a specific rule needs to be added for it. It's been considered griefing for as long as I can remember which is a rule. Perhaps adding this to the description would help this issue.
      • Agree Agree x 5
      • Jun 14, 2012
        That's exactly what I thought. I asked for help and there were more then 3 admins in the server. None were familiar with this.

*sneaky edit* didn't read the last suggestion of your post. I think thats a good idea to atleast add a description to help define how this can be greifing
      • Feb 21, 2007
        As I said in our conversation zm are not allowed to help humans in any way.

agree.
      • Jun 14, 2012
        Maybe if we (you guys) don't add it in the description you can just be sure to remind all admins new and old that it is in fact a form of greifing. Thanks for the replies :smile:
      • Dec 8, 2013
        the thing with griefing is that it's almost impossible to define it 100%. some clever troll will find someway to grief the server with each new map on every server. therefore, as it's always been: if someone is doing something that is ruining the play for the players and causing 'grief', it is griefing and can be kicked/banned for.
      • Jun 14, 2012
        I understand. My only discrepancy is that the admins are not familiar with this as a form of greifing. As I posted initially, I asked for help several times; and the two rule breakers(the human and zombie) were both using the mic laughing sort of taunting me, saying it wasn't anywhere in the rules.
      • Dec 8, 2013
        well, imo, that was bad on the admins. atleast from the info i've read. if anyone is doing anything that is hindering the enjoyability of the game, they need to be stopped. period. personally, i don't even get on about mic or chat spam unless there's a complaint by another player because it's kind of subjective what is annoying to you and what is annoying to me (unless it's just over the top spamming).
      • May 31, 2012
      • May 31, 2012
        If he was trying to help the humans, it would be griefing.