Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Runescape 3 Beta Running on HTML5

Discussion in Gaming started by Brett, Apr 18, 2013

1. Dec 6, 2011
    For those who are interested, here's the RS3 beta. It was very resource heavy, and quite laggy in a lot of areas, but it was released just yesterday so it's expected. Camera and player movement are definitely smoother and more likeable as well, and if you're away from people, the game runs extremely smooth @ high frames. Also, DAT DRAW DISTANCE.

rs1 rs2 rs3 rs4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • May 14, 2011
      Runescape 2 (at the start) was best. MMORPGs take too much time to bother to start another one again. So pass.
    • May 14, 2012
      07scape with these graphics would be the best.
      • Agree Agree x 4
      • Dec 6, 2011
        This is basically the only thing that would bring back the game. Except for some of armor changes though, bronze through dragon and all the extra stuff in between looks terrible.
      • Feb 8, 2013
        Brett, is that your character or you just got some screenshots?
      • Dec 6, 2011
        • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
        • Feb 8, 2013
          I had a skiller thats 98 hp... I don't know if i hsould go back and finish it. combat = 0. RS or Fagex messed it up for me. The ring of recoil itself got me xp, which RS never made it to gain xp before.
        • May 12, 2012

thats my rs name
        • Sep 7, 2010
        • May 30, 2012
          HMTL5 is the right way to go for RuneScape, hopefully they will listen to the full player feedback on the Forum.

Just wanted to take a screenshot too, it's a very different game when you can see so much.
          I have seen many players also started talking about the size of RuneScape that it's too small now and i have to agree, RuneScape are way too small of a world, take an example on the newest quest "The world wakes" i find the placing of the temple/tunnel stupid placed in Ardougne, either were i really not a fan at Evolution of Combat at the start, but after alot gameplaying with it i find the combat more interresting and more active in a fun way even that i loved the old system, i have been at Kalphite King, Nex, General Graardoor and in alot of Dungeoneering floors.
          I have to agree that the abilities/system/armour are a bit broken.
          Now can i only see RuneScape going forward and i'm okay with it now as they started the 2007 servers again, which in my opinion was a right thing to do as the game was best at that time.(Again my opinion)

I will continue playing until i reach my last goal, after i reach it will i hit back to mapping again,(have been inactive for a long while now :s) and hopefully start up one of my projects again!

Here is a screenshot for you, dont eat it.:vampire:
          [IMG]
          This image is taken in Edgeville, you can see the start of the wilderness if anyone should wonder.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 11, 2012
            adadad

• HTML5-based client, including increased draw distance, improved textures and texture filters, new graphical effects such as better lighting and various texture maps, and skyboxes. This client will still be in beta phase even when RuneScape 3 is officially released, according to a recent newspost, due to various optimisation and stability issues continually being worked on.
            • Improved weather effects (for places that already have them, not adding weather everywhere - skybox only)
            • Customisable interfaces
            • Controller support
            • Improved audio
            • New community website and hiscores
            • Player-driven storyline featuring world events over a 3 month period
            http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/RuneScape_3
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Apr 9, 2012
              I played it quite a while already, but it has horrible performance, and the option to select Hardware rendering dissappeared in HTML5 which makes everything so hard to render. I agree the draw distance and shadows (which are now finally softshawdows as well) are good, but at this rate I would never want to play RS if they don't fix the performance
            • Apr 3, 2013
              In my opinion, the graphics when RSHD was released in 2008 was the best, i liked the whip running animation and stuff :L

I like the new login music, the dungeoneering theme was bad and did not fit in :/

A thing i noticed too was that there was a cutscene when you logged in, managed to snap a closeup look of me lol

[IMG]
              Dat pumpkin mask :grin:

[IMG]

How'd you smuggle dungeoneering armor out? :shock:
              Kloud, Jul 22, 2013 Last edited by Kloud, Jul 22, 2013
            • Jun 23, 2011
              Huh....maybe ill hop on again to look at the new stuff

but the only thing decent on my guy is my scythe :frown:
            • Feb 11, 2012
              I agree with Biohaze. 07Scape also imo was the best and with these graphics i would definitely consider playing it again or at least try it out to see how it goes.
              Maybe i'll do that here. Havent played it since and from the looks of it, it has changed quite a bit.
            • May 30, 2012
              I punched the smuggler in the face and ran out of Dungeoneering with me and my party's binded items,
              But few hours after released they Keepsake Keys on the Solomon store so you could override items on RuneScape.:pirate:
            • Jan 12, 2011
              I stopped playing just after player houses came out in '06, so I will say that the graphics now are quite impressive considering where this game started from, but personally I prefer the charm of the simpler graphics from the '04 days. Sure, they left something to be desired, but that "function over form" feeling gave the game character and ambition. :smirk:

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's still amazing (although I haven't hopped on yet), but I just miss the old days when World 13 was my home and World 1 was THE trade world to go to and sell junk. :frownbig:

Edit: Also, it does give me some warm fuzzies seeing the game still popular. It gives me hope that if/when I return to it, I can look at all the old archaic stuff in my bank and cry when I have to buy new equipment. :shame:
              Vadleon, Jul 28, 2013 Last edited by Vadleon, Jul 28, 2013
            • Mar 12, 2008
              So I logged in and can't show off all my cool armor from back then, so i made these instead (I also couldn't re-deposit my gear so i'm wearing rune/magic bow, SMD)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Man it was fun back then.

Also what the fuck is with this story now. Guthix died somehow and Zammy and Sara are totally in a piss contest or something? Well, guthix was pretty lame anyways. oh well.
              Taters, Jul 28, 2013 Last edited by Taters, Jul 28, 2013
            • Oct 29, 2010
              I'm slightly confused, is this new? Why does it still look like doodoo?
            • Dec 6, 2011
              Because they're trying to be something they shouldn't be. They want that skill-mashing style of game-play. The game pre-2010 was absolutely amazing, but a lot of the updates after that ruined the game. All these new interface changes and things they constantly do just confuse others and ruin the game for veterans.