Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Runescape: EoC or Old School?

Discussion in Gaming started by Warpkill, Apr 2, 2013

Which Runescape do you prefer?

EoC 3 vote(s) 16.7%
Old School 13 vote(s) 72.2%
Ambivalent (or indifferent) as Terry Malloy 2 vote(s) 11.1%
  1. Jun 9, 2012
    For those of you who used to play, still play or are even looking into playing, which version of Runescape do you prefer?

Personally, I tend to favour the 'Old School' version slightly more because of the nostalgia it brings back. However in comparison to Evolution of Combat (EoC), I feel it's incredibly rigid and limits my gaming options and experience - especially having to start from scratch again, which isn't THAT bad. It's just inconvenient and time-demanding, which isn't something I exactly have being in uni.

If any of you play though, even if it's just on and off, drop your username by and I shall reciprocate. It'd be rad knowing some PF peeps that occasionally play Runescape too.
  2. May 12, 2012

i am currently playing right now any way i can . i have to get void armour and my darkbow. told myself i wasnt going to play runescape no more but idk what happened and im still playing it

*** remember rswalmart.com is your best friend
  3. May 31, 2012
    I was practically done with it going on every other month to say hello to some old time friends until EoC came out - I really dislike EoC.
  4. Mar 12, 2008
    Old-school fans will say they love old-school.

New-school will say they love new-school

Old schoolers that learned to adapt will say they prefer old school but still play new-school avidly.

I appreciated both generations of runescape. It was my first true MMO experience so i'm glad it offered as much as it did then. I stopped playing (paying) for a while because I moved on to WoW but that's beside the point. I made some good friends and had my share of rages at losing valuable stuff too. I'm technically new-school since i started around '07-08 right about. No more "wave1:flash1: WTB DDS or DDP 40k" or 2-shot specials with aforementioned dagger. the HP inflation is what confused me the most. I was scared shitless to see something hit me for 50 hp. now it's like 500 hp or some shit. Hell I didn't even kill the jag yet. I'm afraid to with that kind of inflation. EoC still kind of confuses me.
  5. Jul 8, 2012
    I think I'm in the same boat as you. I started about '07. I miss it, and I as well moved on WoW (which I still play) but I am just confused about everything.
  6. Mar 12, 2008
    Same thing with WoW and cata. Cata broke everything I used to know about WoW and how I played my classes (Rogue, Deathknight and Spriest) so I had to either learn or get dusted. It's an interesting concept but you need to ease into it instead of dropping an A-bomb on what you used to know with what you are forced to get used to.

Off-topic story in spoiler
  7. Jul 8, 2012

@Taters: I agree. I got into the who raiding scene right before Trial of the Crusader, and I loved it. I loved the whole MMO scene, working together as a guild, and all that jazz. Funny story my guild was working on the Lich King for the better part of two months, and the night we finally killed him I was actually on the phone the whole fight. It was awesome. I hit college as Cata came out, along with my guild was stupid and replaced me with a less than par Holy Paladin ( I main Holy/Prot) and I lost my core role. So I kind of dropped out of the raiding scene, but still play casually. It was amazing while it lasted, but Blizzard killed their own game.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      The reason I'm not going to play 07scape, is because all they're doing is setting a separate server aside for people to play a dated game, that will eventually die out. I hate the fact that Jagex still will not listen to its players, and continue with this EoC bullshit. Forum threads get deleted if they even try to discuss anything about removing EoC, or going back to the way the game used to be. There's many supporters out there that want to remove micro-payment bullshit, EoC, the grand exchange, and re-enforce restricted trade (to remove gold farming, since ~60% of the players online are gold farming bots). I'm so disgusted with the game, I don't even want to bother talking about it.

Anyways, I'm still in EoC since I'm basically maxed, and close to trimmed completionist's cape since I have most castle wars games and all of the extra stuff already completed. I've been playing since the early days.

Stats (all 98's are <50k xp til, I'm getting rest of 99's at once):
      Capture2
      91 smithing/84 crafting is banked, as well as charms for 99 summoning.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Someone is trying to get me into it, which one should I go for?
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Starting EoC sucks, the game is complete crap. If anything, start in 07scape. Although it may be hard as shit to grasp in the beginning, since 07scape is like 10 times harder than EoC.
    • May 14, 2011
      [spoiler=text1]text2[/spoiler]
      =

• Jul 8, 2012
      • Mar 12, 2008
        Let's not be hasty. I liked the grand exchange. It was the only way i could sell my barrows gear for what it was supposed to sell at (at the time) without having to try to get into w2 or put the price lower and lower until it wasn't worth it anymore. It's also how I made quick cash for when i really needed it. Like when you have 4k maples in your inventory or those few odd bolt tips you want to get rid of.

I was NOT a fan of restricted trade but it did make things slightly fairer.

The only reason people wanted free trade was to jew people out of good deals. (excuse the wordage, but it's true.)

All micro-transactions can burn in hell though. I'm for that.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Well actually, restricted trade still allowed a 250k-1m difference depending on your level. You could even loan items if you wanted to. I'd say it was people who wanted to buy gold, there wasn't really any reason to get rid of it (people voted to because Jagex promised botting/gold farming would disappear but it didn't [it got worse]).

Also, the problem with the grand exchange was that, it was too easy to obtain items and manipulate them. It made most items useless, and pricing would drop if nobody wanted them. Even now, if they took it away, items that are dirt cheap would rise in price because they wouldn't be found too often, such as Treasure Trail items that aren't seen very often.
        • Mar 12, 2008
          have fun hunting down a bruise-blue snelm for your L2 TT's >_>

I'll be over here halfway through mine after hitting the GE

EDIT: But i agree.

it is a double edged sword.
        • May 14, 2011
          • The grand exchange opened the doors for mass selling. It wasn't good. The fact you could look up the avg. price of something easily ruined good deals. As an example before the GE I could jump into a non-members world. "Employ" people to carry stuff from the General Store which suddenly had an excess of wood for example cause some rich guy dumped all his wood in there and give the non-members a 20:80 profit. If I have 20 people doing it I could just farm money. With the GE those "newbies" could just look up the price and do it themselves instead.
          • Restricted trade made scamming stop. Whatever anyone says scamming was a part of runescape. I once fell for a scam but you live and you learn. (I will guild your Rune Armour for you anyone?) I missed scams.

On a side note:

• On a side note removing real wildy sucked. No more scavenging. No more friendly battles where you can actually play for the Armour.

• Lummy teleport sucks. It made the price of lummy tele tabs plummet, (I made teletabs in my days playing ruenscape to make money).
        • Dec 6, 2011
          You're lost Ghost, real wildy is back and there's not a free teleport to 20 different places across the map. Why are both of these bad? "What you see is what you get" pking doesn't allow items to disappear from the game, like they did in the PvP worlds. Items keep spawning into the game through treasure trails and boss drops, and there's not enough methods for them to disappear. Now with this paired up with the Grand Exchange, the game almost hoards every single high priced item that enters the game. Unless you're going to high-alch Bandos Chestplates, or Drygore Longswords, they're going to stay in the game and eventually drop in price the more they enter the economy.

That's how it's supposed to be. The fact that I can do a level 3 clue scroll in under 10min now, shows the deflation of items. And you keep those items banked, but I'm pretty sure people sell those types of things @ Canifis in world 2.
        • May 30, 2012

But Max Cape are my first goal :pirate:
          [IMG]
          I'm lazy as hell and can't really finish my goal, i have almost had the same stats in a year now and i don't think i complete max cape before the two new skills are out... XD
        • Dec 6, 2011
        • May 30, 2012
          Yes and No, i need livid farm which i never will complete :evilgrin: