Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

RUSSIAN METEOR

Discussion in Entertainment started by Kosuki, Feb 15, 2013

1. Apr 14, 2011
    Have a great day, Watch out for those meteors!

Kosuki, Feb 15, 2013 Last edited by Kosuki, Feb 15, 2013
  2. Apr 9, 2012
  3. May 30, 2012
  4. May 31, 2012
    Very interesting, heard about it. Seems like it came unexpected but someone told me about it at 5:30 pm PST yesterday... I still have it by text message... lol... funny thing is that it wasn't somebody from work -- it was from somebody at school.
  5. Apr 14, 2011
    We all know what it really was, North Koreas failed ICBM...
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • May 31, 2012

In the videos I saw, I am shocked the cars were moving at a normal speed and direction just following their normal routine life. If I was in a car and saw that, my shit would be flipped over, crushed, and explode moments later... probably while I am still in the car...
    • Apr 14, 2011
      Hate to burst your bubble, but cars in real life are not like GTA, they dont explode when flipped over for longer than 5 seconds :wink:
      but as for the cars moving toward the meteor, well all I can say is that is common in Russia to see
      And they are always prepared for a nuclear strike so when they see one coming in that are like, "Im ready to die for the cold war"... :grin:
    • Dec 30, 2006
      This kinda makes me worry to be quite honest. There weren't any really warning alerts from the government, Russia or US. We all know the US can track everything that comes through the atmosphere and they're able to calculate where and when it will hit earth. Why was there no warning about this? What if something big that can wipe out the earth were to come? Would we get news and warning beforehand or will the government withhold the information to prevent mass chaos.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • Aug 1, 2011
        From what I read, there was no warning because it was legitimately believed that the meteor was to burn up when it entered the atmosphere, so they did not bother warning the public about it. I assume that if something was entering our atmosphere and was life threatening, scientist would warn us. Well, the side of me that believes in the good of humanity believes that.
      • May 31, 2012
        Wait, you still believe in that fairy tale lol? :razz: nah I'm just trolling you. Even if it's going to burn up, there is usually a "fun" announcement for people to observe it if it is close enough. There is suppose to be another one tonight near my area but not as close or as large as this one.
      • Mar 20, 2012
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jun 18, 2012
          On the other hand ... does it matter if they warn you? Then again I see your point, you rather see it coming, and say goodbye rather than one of those WTFBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM moments game-over.
        • Aug 18, 2006
          We don't even become aware of many asteroids until they are in our back yard practically...

Want to see something cool? http://eyes.nasa.gov/

Click Asteroid Flyby > Run.

Click Preview or Overview, zoom in to earth.
        • Apr 14, 2011
          Of course, because the government tells us everything...
        • Feb 21, 2007
          • Like Like x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Jul 1, 2010
            Its not even the government not telling us everything...

We have found a VERY small percentage of asteroids that could be considered a threat to our planet (although they have found a large portion of the big ones, 90% or so). There are a huge number of them in the solar system and the ones orbiting between Mars and Jupiter are not the only ones we need to worry about. There are an insane amount of them in something called the Oort Cloud that occasionally get rocketed in towards the sun due to a whole host of factors that I am not going to go in to right now. To put this in to perspective, the "dino killer" was only 3 to 10 miles in diameter. That is very hard to find when it is millions of miles away.

Lets just say that if Jupiter wasn't where it was at, we probably would have been in a lot of trouble a long time ago.

Kuiper_oort

The theory that I found out about a while ago about a distant VERY VERY dim binary star to our Sun that MIGHT be there beyond the Oort Cloud creates a whole other host of possible issues that we may never actually confirm.

Yes, I am quite obsessed with astronomy :razz:. I wonder a lot as to why I stopped taking classes for it and didn't major in it instead. I just like what I ended up doing a lot more :razz:.

-EDITED-

Edited in something I forgot. Big ones = Earth human life calamity basically.
            Dharkk, Feb 15, 2013 Last edited by Dharkk, Feb 15, 2013
          • Apr 14, 2011
            Are you saying you have proof of this being a North Korean weapon that burned up?
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Aug 18, 2006
            • May 31, 2012
              ^ Don't you see the picture! It's proof :razz: jk jk. Nah it was definitely a meteor.
            • Apr 14, 2011
              Well ya no kidding, not like we have weapons that come from outer space... :cool:
              Or do we...? :pain: