Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Rust Server

Discussion in Future Servers started by PeNguiN, Jul 15, 2014

Rust Server seem like a good idea?

Yes 8 vote(s) 72.7%
No 3 vote(s) 27.3%
  1. Jul 14, 2010
    I know a few regulars play this game and it's pretty fun and has some on-going development for it. I would love for pF to have one of these servers. It's just as popular as dayz and less glitchy/annoying to play imo. Would anyone be interested?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jun 11, 2012
      If we get this, not only will I not wear pants in real life but also in the game so that's like Double Scoop Rainbow.
    • May 31, 2012
      I didn't know about the game so I wiki'd it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(video_game)

[IMG]

Just by checking Steam Stats (at this very moment), it doesn't look like a very popular game... but it's still very new so I suppose it would be difficult for me to make an opinion on this. I just wanted to provide information that might be helpful or contributing towards others' opinions.

I have no opinion at this time.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • May 27, 2008
        I think this falls under the last time that I brought up fad servers. Sure it seems like it'd be the coolest thing ever, but in reality everyone would get tired of it over the course of a week to two. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Rust to death and I thoroughly enjoy bow sniping people for their chicken breasts as much as the next dick-flopping bandit, but it's something we couldn't possibly keep interest in for a long period of time and it'd end up dying out on its own.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        It still depends on the Player:Server ratio. i don't know what it is, i'm just commenting.
      • Jul 14, 2010
        You make a very good point, but pretty much any new server could be a fad server. Look at ZMP/MG, sure they had their moments but they ultimately flopped. If we atleast tryout servers, who knows, one of them may end up sticking like zm/ze. I think rust has a better chance at lasting than dayz/minecraft did, if properly looked after. I understand though if there isn't really time to invest in them since CSS is the main focus. The cool thing about rust is that it's in a playable state and has tons of development planned for it that follows through. I really wanna see pF expand into another game/game mode and maintain a decent population which obviously requires a lot of resources/time investment because CSS probably doesn't have 2-3 years left in it. (but who knows)!
      • Jan 21, 2011
        Until they bring back zombies, rust is dead to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Feb 13, 2014
        • Jun 11, 2012
          They took zombies out because a lot of butthurt people told Facepunch "hur dur it's like Dayz so y". They got angry and took it out like the first couple of weeks and won't bring it back most likely.
        • Jul 14, 2010
          They took out zombies because they didn't wanna be a dayz clone. The red zombies and bears that replaced zombies are placeholders for something new later on.

bender pls
        • Jan 21, 2011
          This is going to have one of the problems the minecraft servers had because of complete server resets with new updates. I understand why the resets are necessary, but to lose all the time put into a base or something when it takes so long to get it to be awesome sucks balls.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 1, 2011
            Well, the current playable version of the game isn't going to see any more updates since they're working on the total reboot. However, server wipes would be necessary anyways since it gets a bit stale when there are massive bases and loads of c4/top tier guns everywhere. Plus it gets pretty laggy if there are a bunch of huge structures
            • Informative Informative x 1