Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

sage replies on forums.

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by ablanantanalba, Jun 9, 2011

1. Apr 13, 2011
    Perhaps a feature of sage posting (replying to a thread without bumping it to the top) could be helpful in dealing with necro posts.

There has been many a time where I wanted to reply to a thread without it bumping to the top for everybody to see because it simply wasn't that important (when only a handful of people need to see the reply and having it bump to the top wouldn't help other people that weren't involved in the thread.
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    we're not working on this site anymore. New site has double post prevention yet still allows for important bumps. try to think of THIS site as our temporary home.
  3. Mar 22, 2011
    a sage button would not be helpful for necro posting, the feature would have to automatically sage any replies to a thread that hasn't been responded to in X days. Noone would necropost only to hit a sage button and have noone see it. aside from that, the idea of the "recent discussions" list isn't to show you the "most important" threads, but just where the most current discussion is, no matter how important. Not a terrible idea as an additional feature but completely unnecessary IMO
  4. Jun 10, 2011
    Plus, with a "sage" button, surely anyone could just spam necro threads for post count without people noticing? Unless you made it not add to post count too.
  5. Mar 16, 2008
    If I was to ever enable a sage posting ability, post count would not reflect those post.
  6. Apr 13, 2011

Anyways, people will know if you spam post, regarless if the topic gets bumped or not.
  7. Jun 10, 2011
    I'm sorry, did I make the kitty mad? :razz:

You still managed to get your spam in with that image anyway! :lol:

EDIT: Although now you've edited words into it so it looks less like spam, hahaha! I'm on to you boy xD
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    But we want to eliminate spam altogether... it just creates more work for moderators and up.
  9. Apr 13, 2011
    Perhaps user controlled spam reporting is the answer..

Maybe you could make a little "mark as spam/irrelevant" button that once a certain number of peoople mark as spam the comment would be automatically hidden (unless expanded) and 2 posts would be deducted from post count of the . If you did this, it would be important to not let the poster see who marked their content as spam.
  10. Jun 4, 2006
  11. Apr 13, 2011
    When I make a suggestion, I am not actually suggesting that you implement it...

I'm merely throwing ideas out there in a brainstorm so that they will sit in the back of your mind and possibly help you come up with better ideas down the road.
    I'm honestly flattered that you even took the time to read and reply to my suggestions.
    Thank you.