Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Good or bad?

Discussion in Android started by NSanityHD, Oct 13, 2016

1. Feb 8, 2016

I used to own the Galaxy S4 until I purchased an iPhone 6. I've had 5 total replacements of my iPhone because it either fell out of my pocket and shattered on the ground whilst freerunning, or...I've dropped it accidentally from within my hands. The first replacement was free, however the remaining 4 I literally had to pay at the Apple Store for the 64GB model. I've had my iPhone 6 now for a good 2 years. (almost 3 years) and I miss Android. Now, I want to keep my iPhone but also have a Samsung Galaxy...so I'm purchasing a Galaxy S6 tomorrow. (Friday)

Here's my question.. Galaxy S6 owners (including previous S6 owners): What are your experiences with the S6? Have you liked it? Is it a good choice? I don't quite like the Edge models, and the S7 hasn't much difference besides a better processor, small camera upgrade etc.

Could you guys advise?

Thanks!
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    I'm loving my s7 edge, but if I were to go with an older model, I'd go with the s5 personally.
  3. Dec 30, 2006
    Just stay away from the Note 7. Oh wait........too early....
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Feb 8, 2016
      I've heard all about the Note 7. Definitely wouldn't ever get one, even though they've been pulled off the shelves.
    • Aug 6, 2016
      I have a fancy indestructible 45$ phone but everyone I know stays away from the S6.
    • Feb 8, 2016
      Could you try to explain or specify such a reason as to why one would stay away from the S6? Does it have explosive tendencies?
    • Dec 30, 2006
      You can't even get the Note 7 anymore. The phone is discontinued and being recalled.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Aug 6, 2016
        What's wrong with 45$ phones? The reasons I seem to get are that they feel the memory expansion was designed so that you have to pay excessive amounts for what you could just buy a new chip for. Apparently it's not water proof. (People can't actually be that attached to their phones can they?) personal opinion for this one but only one person I know that has one likes the lay out of it. Apparently navigating the phone is different from the older models.
        As far as explosive tendencies go, no. Sorry.
      • Jul 14, 2010
        I have an S5 and it is still awesome like Momo said.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jul 13, 2011
          I switched from a s5 to iPhone only because I wanted to change things up and try something new. I assume the s6 is pretty lit tho.