Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Sandy hook elementary shooting(new jersey)

Discussion in In The News started by Super Mario, Dec 14, 2012

1. Oct 17, 2011
    And I just made a status about not making a thread....

I suppose we could talk about new information/immediate concerns in here, but I strongly recommend people stay away from gun control debates. I don't want to see this thread devolve into political arguing about which way is safer, so I ask everyone to please think before you post and stay respectful.
  3. Nov 6, 2011
  4. Feb 11, 2012
    All i want to say is. Even tho i live in Canada, far from where this happened i cant even express wat i felt when i heard about this. Sadness, Depressed, Anger, Fear even, just cause it happend in Conneticut doesnt mean it cant happen where i live..i just couldnt believe it..they were just kids, how could someone do that, they had their whole lives ahead of them and was just taken away in an instant. Talking about it now brings tears to my eyes :crying:
    My Prayers and thoughts goes out to the innoncent lives lost and the families of the lost.
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    If there is a heaven, these kids will go straight there. :frownbig: :crying:
  6. Oct 17, 2011
    I didn't make this thread to argue. I wanted to warn people from this crap that occurred. I feel so scared going to the highschool on Monday because I live 35 to 40 minutes away from sandy hook. Watch out for yourselves everyone and I don't blame anyone who cries because my family was praying and tearing for them today too.
  7. Jan 12, 2011
    The guy was a nutjob. Unless there are lots of violent crazies in your area, I would try not to worry about it. Especially considering that it just happened there, I'd expect increased police presence at local schools to ensure a safe finish to the semester for students and staff alike while the investigation continues.

If you personally knew anyone who was shot, I offer my condolences. It goes without saying that I hope everyone else remains safe during this time.:rose:
  8. Oct 17, 2011
    Well yeah bit our police has only guards with no guns. If a 20 year old criminal dude like this fucker breaks in with a gun like that, it would be so easy to kill all the guards and kill othersbefore the police arrives. I won't post anymore on this. Sorry but I gave my opinion. Thanks vadleon.
  9. Feb 14, 2012
    It was just incredibly tragic. Reading about it and the president's address afterwards broke my heart.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
  10. Jan 12, 2011
    Strictly speaking you aren't talking controversially about guns but rather how poorly equipped your local force is for this kind of scenario, which is relevant information to give context in this situation and for future legislation. I suppose that begs the question why the guy came in so heavily armed and protected, as if he were expecting a firefight, when the police wouldn't be a match. Just super crazy, I guess. :frown:
    Vadleon, Dec 14, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Dec 14, 2012
  11. Jul 14, 2010
    Nothing to debate over. A tragic event took place, and nothing we can really do about it except grieve. :sick:
  12. Apr 4, 2009
    I wasn't sure if there was going to be a thread or not.
  13. May 31, 2012
    Very disappointing and saddening. I am sad when people plan to kill themselves; even more sad when they choose to take other people (and children) with them too.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 21, 2007
      So do you think it would be safer if we all drove Apache Helicopters around? :devil:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Sep 6, 2012
        Shooting in Newtown,CT 20 children died. Stabbing/slashing in China 22 children injured. All on the same day around the same time and both at Elementary/Primary schools. How corrupt can this world get...
      • Jan 12, 2011
        Fixed. Also, only if you're the one in the cockpit. You can be our protector and our doctor! :zombiekiller:
      • Jul 20, 2010
        But who would man the guns in the chopper? Since the gunner controls the weapons systems :razz:. I'm chalking this up to the whole end of the world shit since it seems more and more shit is happening the closer we get to the 21st *shrug*
      • Jan 12, 2011
        I thought that model had only one pilot who would both fly and fire?

Anyway, joke/derail aside, yeah I do not look forward to the next couple weeks as the loons who expect the world to end start doing whatever they like, expecting to not be responsible for the consequences of their actions. This may be a dark Christmas for many, possibly more than those who have already suffered. :weep:

I really hope I'm wrong and everything gets sorted out. I hope this horrible shooting reminds people that we are still alive and have things worth living for, regardless of whatever potential fate some people may believe we're supposedly in for.
        Vadleon, Dec 14, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Dec 14, 2012
      • Feb 14, 2012
        It wasn't 27 kids that died.. 20 did. Then 6 teachers, his mother, and then himself. Which totals 28.. sad day
      • Feb 14, 2012
        Number has changed over 9000 times today. Last I heard it was 27 with 18 being children.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2