Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

SAT and ACTs

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by DopeScope, Jan 28, 2012

1. Jul 19, 2011
    Hey I am getting ready to take my SATs and ACTs and 2 months or so. I was just wonder if you guys have any tips you can give me to ready myself for this life-changing exam. Also, if you could tell me what you guys got and what college you went to that would be great.

For me I took a Kaplan class and my average SAT is a 1970. That was during last summer. I am hoping that now I can get it up to a 2150 and after the 2012 summer i can get it to a solid 2300. I am also starting to focus on ACT since i got a composite score of 29 on my first attempt (ran out of time). I kept slacking (CSS) during freshman and sophomore year so my current GPA is a 3.86. If I keep my GPA right now i can raise it to a 4.1 by the end of Junior year. My dream college is University of Pennsylvania. My normal standard is University of Virginia and bottom is Virginia Tech.
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    This is something I read EVERYDAY on College Confidential lol.

IMO, if you're doing the SAT's, I'd suggest practicing it from the Blue Book, not from Princeton or any of that. . .

Let me add more later, my brain is fried at the moment. . .
  3. Mar 13, 2010
    If half the people I know saw you post that they'd flip a fucking shit. I go to UMD which isn't the best school for everything, but it is for my major. Anywho...

I got a 1680 and half assed it. Went to a CC because I was poor and didn't give a fuck. When I transferred they didn't even care about my HS transcripts or SAT scores. So when you say life changing exam, it's really not. I took the exam once just so I could say I took it if I needed to. Noone gives a fuck what you get once you get into school. If you go to a CC like I did, noone cares about it or your HS transcripts. I was a lazy slacker in HS and I'm now in the best Criminal Justice program in the world.

So my advice:

Chill the fuck out bro. Don't sweat it. Even if you fuck it up, you can take it again. You have 2 years of HS left. Enjoy them while you're still young and have little responsibility. Getting into a good school is great, but not if you don't enjoy the experience.

Also, look into a service fraternity called Alpha Phi Omega when you get to college. You do a lot of good shit for a lot of people, everyone is generally friendly, and it makes it easy to make good, long time friends right when you enter school as a freshmen which can be really hard sometimes. If you wanna know more about that, let me know as well. I'm in it myself and I fucking love it.
  4. Oct 29, 2010
    Another post:

If you end up meeting/exceeding your goals of 4.1 GPA and 2300, then IMO, you can do better than UPenn.

Let me add more later, it's time to chill the fuck down with some wine.
  5. Dec 28, 2010
    you might want to check out your GPA. my is a 4.8. ah get a private teacher to help you or something