Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Saying commands to humans as a zombie does not equal griefing

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by CounterStrikeBelly, Dec 14, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 11, 2011
    I have seen a few admins say this, GG no it doesn't.

Turn all talk off if you are upset that shitty players listen to zombies.
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    If you're referring to ZE, it is against the rules.
  3. Feb 18, 2011
    I get the first line, but I do not get the second.
  4. Sep 11, 2011
    Just heard a server full of people complain when Tony said not to say commands as a zombie.

Why is it against the rules?
    Too many baddies playing, I guess.

Turn off the ability to talk to humans as a zombie.

Griefing is blocking the door on minas. Griefing is blocking the elevator in black mesa. Griefing is purposely using other peoples materia.
    Griefing is not saying something that the players should know otherwise.

Rather than help the bad players stay bad (as in, punish the people who exploit their badness) make them get good.
    Make the rules don't listen to zombies when they tell you shit commands, and ban people for doing that.

Some admin raged when they fell for it, now it is in the rules.
    GG plagufest, GG.
  5. Oct 29, 2010
    I don't have an answer for you, just know that it has been a listed rule for some time now.
  6. Jul 14, 2010
    Do not grief in the server.
    This includes aiding zombies by breaking defense spots on purpose (doors, boxes, barricades, etc), glitching special powers in maps, preventing humans to keep advancing on the map (spamming door buttons, inputting wrong access codes, etc), zombies confusing humans with mic instructions, shooting zombies in maps that have specific traps zombies cannot avoid.
    Punishment: Warn -> Kick -> Temporary Ban(1 hour to 1 day length)

Classified as griefing.
  7. Jul 4, 2011
    People new to Zombie Escape might not always know what to do, so they just do what they're told. If the humans are trying to get some teamwork going over the mic and you keep yelling things which you know will get them killed in one way or another is considered griefing. Feel free to give the zombies instructions though.
  8. Feb 18, 2011
    It is against the rules so every word you hear from some troll trying to kill you can be stopped. Half of our servers population are either new to ZE or new to our servers/maps. If you get killed cause you listened to some retard then what almost always happens is people ragequiting. Small things like this is what gets really annoying and causes the server to drain.
  9. Aug 18, 2006
    Read the rules.

GG, CounterStrikeBelly, GG.
  10. Sep 11, 2011

So as I said in my original post
    "Turn all talk off if you are upset that shitty players listen to zombies."

You can learn a map after a few rounds.

When will facing the door be made mandatory too, because new players might fall behind if they dont get out right away.
  11. Jul 4, 2011
    I already gave an answer to your question. This thread can be locked.
  12. Sep 11, 2011

Why not make zombie-human talk impossible?
  13. Jul 14, 2010
    Zombie-Human talk is allowed so admins can fully watch over the server and we feel that players should be able to freely talk to their friends even on different teams. There's probably a few more reasons too.
  14. Sep 11, 2011

But that talking freely is BS, you know it.
    Why was a whole server muted when people were talking about something not related to the game, by badgriuel?
    How is that talking freely?

too off topic.

So in conclusion, there are bad players, better not make them feel bad.
    ok you can lock it.

Hey, at least your not as bad as Iowa when it comes to making rules.
  15. Aug 18, 2006

In conclusion, it's a form of griefing. Therefore it's against the server rules. There's absolutely no reason why the Zombies should have any reason to give humans any instructions on what to do. Every time it happens, it's for malicious purposes. Apparently it's such a hard concept for you to grasp.

Lol, gladly locked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.