Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Saying Goodbye

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Ares, Apr 26, 2014

1. Apr 12, 2014
    Some of you may know me on the server as being really new, some i recognize from over 3 years ago

But sadly after spending hardly two weeks here at plaguefest, i will be leaving

Back when i used to play 3 years ago with a different account, everyone was for the most part friendly, everyone seemed to be friends, everyone knew each other and everything was great. After 2 1/2 years I decided to play ZM on CSS again and i recognized your server from many years ago, and i recognized Kanyon, and quickly reconnected with him and made a few good friends very quickly. So i was very quick to get admin and want to be a part of this community, Sadly the community had other plans for me and was overall not well received at all. Call me selfish, but all I wanted was to look for a good time, make some friends and get to know people, sadly I have become very unpopular amongst many members and have been ganged up on by friends of people who have been muted or kicked by me. This is not a community i want to be a part of where if I, as an admin do my job to make sure everyone else can have a good time, am being complained about for rules people should know not to break. The vulgarity of this server is extremely high compared to when I last played and it's extremely inappropriate, and call me old fashioned, call me whatever you will, I personally do not stand to sit there and listen to that kind of vulgarity when all I'm trying to do is have a good time.

All i wanted to do was have a good time with everyone, clearly this isn't the place for me.

I'd like to thank everyone who, in my short short time here, have made this a great time and friends who i have made.

Thanks, Goodbye, Ares
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Nov 29, 2012
      I'm sorry you had a bad time Ares, we will miss you greatly. And I'm sorry for your experiences in the server, it gets out of hand sometimes but that's what us admins are for. We do our best to regulate the server and keep it from being chaos. If any players/admins were being harsh towards you or harassing feel free to let the LSA's and roots know. I didn't know you but from what I can tell you seemed like a good admin and a nice guy. I hope you take care and find a community that better suits you. If you ever want to come back we will be here and will accept you back anytime. :smile: Again sorry you had a rough time. Best wishes to you.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Oct 6, 2012
        Ares me and you are really great friends, i dont really understand why u are leaving this community .but sadly it seems that my end in gaming is near as well . i do wish u the best and hope to see u on here atleast once again. will miss you bro!
      • Mar 26, 2012
        I wouldn't leave. Maybe just discontinue admin, get donator instead, and stick around. We need more good influences like you to be here. :frown:

If you still go, take care. pF will always be around for you to come back to.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Aug 30, 2013
          Being an admin makes you unpopular and it's not always easy to deal with but I do hope to see you around on pf in the future, try and not let a few idiots wreck it for you. Anyways mate it was good admin-ing with you, all the vest for your future IRL.
        • Apr 1, 2012
          So you had another account? I don't think multi-accounting is allowed :dog:

And if your old account was perma'd then you'd be ban evading :dog:
        • Apr 12, 2014
          Then i guess you will be banning this account, ill never be coming back, thanks anyway guys

EDIT: Noticed that my old account was "Ban Forgiven" as its from nearly three years ago, if that matters in your decision
          Ares, Apr 27, 2014 Last edited by Ares, Apr 27, 2014
        • Aug 12, 2012
          you can always try the ZE community :giggle:

peace.
        • Apr 9, 2012

For someone who joined on the 12th of April, that is quite an experience for being on the forums for not really long. I'm not sure how vulgar PlagueFest really is, but it looks like probably every single 'bad' thing being said is being adressed as vulgar. I have never experienced a server that is as polite as PF. I can't recall how many rule-less servers there are on CS:S where people let themselves go all the way on the mic, saying things that are beyond vulgar, but anyways if you don't like it on PF I guess you should start considering Offline gameplay as at least you won't get vulgarity over there... :sarcastic:

I don't know you at all anyways, providing that you don't want to reveal your other account, I take it you aren't here for 3 years, and then it's goodbye I guess.
        • Apr 12, 2014
          IF you want to search my other account AA Nero or just Nero, the ban date on it is 6-30-11
        • Dec 27, 2012

First and foremost I'd like to say that you are a great guy and also one of the funniest guys around to play with. I don't know what happened aside from what you've told us with this thread, but I really hope you will reconsider your decision. We may be admins, but all of us receives haters every now and then even if we're just doing our duty. Taking their stupid arguments as something personal isn't adviced, because well, haters gonna hate. There is no reason whatsoever to hear their excuses/curses when you're doing your job correctly.

I really hope you will stay here as an admin, but if you won't, I also second what @Aprz said. Don't let people not worth your attention ruin your fun, actually, let me rephrase that. Don't let them ruin our fun.

If you still won't come back, then I wish you all luck there is and that you'll be safe and sound. Love ya, bro.:blush::wave:
        • Aug 30, 2013
          I believe he meant 3yrs ago when he first played he was using another account and the. He got a new account and found the server later on I don't thin 3yrs later is an issues lol
        • May 31, 2012

I think I could be the poster child for this type of thing. Sometimes... admin is just not suitable for us or we need to take a break from it. It's natural for players to "challenge" admins and to "judge" our performance; you can't expect everyone to love you.
          • Agree Agree x 1
            Joshy, Apr 27, 2014 Last edited by Joshy, Apr 27, 2014
          • Sep 14, 2008
          • Feb 3, 2012
          • Dec 17, 2007
            who give a shit what they say, ppl talk shit to me all the time, and i ain't going anywhere no point in letting them do that. Let talk shit bc you're an admin they're just doing it bc they're too afraid to do in real life face to face to someone. I wouldn't leave f'em that shit over the internet bc they can't back it in real life.
          • Apr 12, 2014
            First and foremost i would like to thank everyone for your support. It means a lot for you guys to say some of the nice things that you have.

I understand that dislike comes from the title. I fear that i was just angry last night and in the morning and wasn't thinking clearly from the drinking. I will be staying. I had some time to sleep off the drinking and wake up in the morning and collect my thoughts. I had made the wrong choice in a clouded mind. This morning I am able to make the right choice with a clear mind.

I would love to renew and continue to be an admin, and i hope to get to know all of you a little better.

Thanks, Ares
            • Like Like x 4
            • Dec 27, 2012
              I'm glad you'll be staying! Let's keep laughing our asses when we fail being friendly zombies!:wink:
            • Apr 24, 2012