Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

SDK Source / Hammer after the update of April 2013

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Captain Jack, Apr 25, 2013

1. Apr 25, 2013

I want to start mapping, I have a project of map. I have downloaded and installed SDK SOURCE today but they're many troubleshooting : the program is very very slow, it lag a lot. It didnt come from my computer, i have 8go ram and I can play most of recent games high definition easily. When I want to see the texture for a block, it lag a lot then SDK close himself.
    Also, when I want to test my map, it give me an error that said a files is needed or something like that so i cant test my maps.

Did these bugs of SDK source come from the last update of Counter Strike Source ?? Did it work fine in your computers ??

Thanks.

(sorry bad english)
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    SDK is currently broken since the last update. You're going to have to wait until the next update for it to be able to do any sort of mapping properly. I have currently discovered a way to do it, but it's a giant pain in the ass to do. I would just wait for the update, whenever that is :confused:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
    • Feb 19, 2012
      i think it's fixed. i didn't notice an update, but steam auto-updates so what do I know.

i'm now able to compile maps and stuff, but the custom stuff is still kind of a problem. to see custom materials i still need to make a copy of them in the cstrike folder (not the common/cstrike, the regular cstrike before the steampipe)...which presents a problem in and of itself...but at least I can compile now.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Doesn't work on my end still(note: I haven't bothered with those work-arounds), so I don't think it's fixed just yet. Hopefully it's soon though, hope for the best, expect the worst and you're set.
    • Mar 26, 2009

Make a source mod for CS:S (copy the cstrike directory to source mods, restart Steam) then make a custom game configuration in Source SDK to use the source mod version of CS:S.

I always use my own custom game configurations and I didn't even know about hammer being fucked until now.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Works to an extent. Not for my needs :razz:
      • Apr 9, 2012
        Wow, I didn't even think of that lol. Thanks for mentioning it! Btw I've never known you were still around on PF :smile:? Been a long time