Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Insufficient Evidence Seeker ;-)

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Grape, Aug 7, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 24, 2013
    So I got invited last night to play mg by lc and was playing for a while. I don't play mg much so I have no idea what is going to happen on these maps. For me at least it's pretty confusing if I am going to be on somebodies team or if I am just trying to score points.
    We ended up playing a round of this one map where it's like a pit with some minecraft looking thing that blows up.
    I had no idea what we were supposed to do except avoid the thing that blows up, let alone know somebody was controlling it.
    So all of a sudden I spawn in the middle and everybody is running from me so I figured I was the bomb and I was supposed to blow up as many people as possible.
    During the maps I was hardly paying attention either, mainly just fucking around.

Back to me being the bomb...I spawn as the thing and run straight at seeker because I don't like the kid and he always acts like a prick to me. He stopped running so I thought he was just giving up trying to get away from me then all of a sudden I got kicked.
    There was no warning or anything all that happened was I exploded, laughed at him then got kicked with a message saying "don't grief".
    If the players were changed around and he did it to me (had I known the point of the game) I still would have had to warn him.
    The worst part about this is the fact that the whole reason me and him don't even get along pretty much stems from him harassing me about my admin'ing, saying I skip protocol.
    When I asked him why he did it he said because I team killed.
    I asked him what is team killing(obviously I know what team killing is, but I meant what is team killing in this sense)?
    He just answered with "You really are retarded".
    I just find it ironic this kid has always given me so much grief then does the exact same things he would accuse me of.

There shouldn't be a lack of witnesses being that like every single admin and regular was there.
  2. Oct 20, 2012
    If I remember, that minigame is where you have to blow up as many opposing CT/Ts that is your enemy, not to kill your own teammates. This is considered a teamkill and try to have some common sense.
  3. Oct 24, 2013
    I saw people on different teams hiding together so I figured it was just everybody for themselves.
    I'm not sure how many times I have to make it clear I didn't know there were teams.
    Thanks for your input Rambo. I will try to have more common sense and not create grammatically incorrect sentences.
  4. Jan 21, 2011
    I skipped to a kick because you should know better than to teamkill being that you were an admin. It's against the rules on zm too.
  5. Oct 24, 2013
    Like I said I didn't know there were teams. I have made it clear, especially with my statement about people hiding on different teams in the same spot.
    That is the main reason I thought it was a free for all. I thought it was a random moving bot and people just had to get away from it before the timer blew.
    When i saw people hide behind the tree together I figured the point was to kill everyone.
  6. Jan 21, 2011
    Its a team game.
  7. Oct 24, 2013
    How was I supposed to know if I never played. In zm you can have a t and ct skin on ct team or just have random skins for a free for all game.
    I never played it before, all I saw was people running onto the ledges or hiding behind the tree.
    I watched a few rounds and asked what the goal was. Nobody gave me an answer and all of a sudden I spawned as the bomb.
  8. Ra1n
    This message by Ra1n has been removed from public view. Deleted by Luffaren, Aug 7, 2014, Reason: Do not post comments of irrelevant matters in admin abuse threads..
    Aug 7, 2014
  9. Feb 21, 2007
    @Grape: While I'm inclined to believe you genuinely didn't understand the objective of the game, its awfully convenient that everyone cleared out and the only person near you was someone you dislike/don't get along with.

@Seeker: You probably should have warned first, to avoid things like this. Yes he was an admin, however, the rules on MG maps can certainly be different, and if its your first time on a map, confusing. Also, I'm sure this wasn't the case here, but its a good place to say it; Don't let prior strife with players interfere with admin-ing (it can be difficult, yes I know).

I did look into the logs, Seeker was probably using the mic. The situation did go down pretty similar to how grape described it, except that I could not find any conversation where grape was asking "how does this game work" (or "what r the rules"). Basically, starts at grape exploding and laughing at seeker. That makes this seem a bit suspicious to me.

For those wanting to look into logs, the file which this occurs is under l0807019

I'd like to see what other @Management think.
  10. Oct 11, 2012

I'm not sure if I was on the server before or after this incident occurred on MG the other night, but Grape was repeatedly (being at least several times) asking via mic when a new map/game type would come up what he was supposed to do or what the objective was. I know the times I heard it over the mic it didn't seem that anyone really responded to him. I don't recall seeing any chat asking what the objectives were.
  11. Oct 24, 2013
    Exactly ^

Like I said a million different times, I didn't know what to do.
    All the games to me, keep having different scenarios. I can barely figure out in time if the map is headshot only or what.
    I wouldn't have mentioned that I don't like him unless I was being honest about it. That's why I didn't even make the thread till a day later.
    I was going to ignore it but then I remembered how annoying it was when I was admin to have him constantly on my back saying I did this kind of stuff.
    There's no point to me intentionally tk'ing since I said in my going away thread about me taking a break that I might want to become admin again.
    If I went around breaking the rules already after just 2 weeks of not being an admin it would be really stupid.
    The only reason I went for him in the first place is he spawned right in front of me and I just happened to see his name pop up.
    That's when I ran after him and he started running then stopped, I stopped exploded, laughed at him, then got kicked.
    Had I known I was about to team kill I wouldn't have done it. Even when people used to break my cade or grief me all the time in ZM I would still warn first.
    At the very most I would freeze the player before I went and kicked them.
    To retslag's point, I was generally using mic to talk.
  12. teemo
    This message by teemo has been removed from public view. Deleted by Seeker, Aug 8, 2014.
    Aug 8, 2014
  13. Jan 21, 2011
    Well this is a lie, but that's beside the point of this thread.

I'll go ahead and apologize for not warning you first. Brush up on the rules for mg if you plan on frequenting the server please.
  14. Oct 13, 2011
    I wasn't there but I want to comment about this. You guys are talking about mg_yolo_multigames, and this is your minigame where you have to blow up enemies

In this game, team killing happens all the time. People usually run around or stay next to the enemy players and bomb just kills them. This map is really small and sometimes you kill your teammates accidentally. So the question is, should there be an exception for this map ?

Edit: Sometimes you just can't control it, your teammate ends up dying with enemy too.
  15. Jan 21, 2011
    If they run into a group of people intermixed I wouldn't enforce it. He turned around saw me standing alone and ran right at me.
  16. Oct 24, 2013
    Why did you delete teemos comment? It was relevant to the issue..
    He heard me asking what to do during the games and just proved it by saying that.
    Now you are finally acknowledging that it is possible to be confused since i never played it.
    People on different teams hiding together and the fact the tk'ing is possible made me think it was just my turn to blow up the players.

Edit- nvm i confused jaxs comment with teemo
  17. Jan 21, 2011
    I've said all I have to say in regards to this thread.
  18. teemo
    This message by teemo has been removed from public view. Deleted by Seeker, Aug 8, 2014, Reason: This post, just like your last one add nothing to the thread..
    Aug 8, 2014
  19. Sep 25, 2010
    Without a demo we won't be able to prove the intentions of anyone here. I'm fine with closing this thread with what you said to Seeker and Grape.
  20. Oct 24, 2013
    Fine you win this time, Seeker. Next time brush up on protocol though, please.
  21. Feb 21, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.