Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Selective Service System? <edit>

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by [pF] jedi, Jan 6, 2016

1. Dec 28, 2014
    well i guess yes it is mandatory its just a way to get people to sign up.
    [pF] jedi, Jan 6, 2016 Last edited by [pF] jedi, Jan 6, 2016
  2. Feb 25, 2014
    Because of people like trump who fear the Dutch system, where the stronger people share more reasonability for the weaker. So everyone here can go to a hospital when needed and we barely have anyone living on the street these days. But besides that I agree with you, your government should try and even out things more, but look just at the weapon discussion, it just seems impossible.
  3. Feb 8, 2013
    It is correct, we must serve our country, but it shouldn't be mandatory. I have a big problem with having my paycheck cut because of paying for stupid ****. Their lazy asses don't work and shit and I have to pay up because those people live on welfare. I think you need to serve to receive benefits, not just become a fob and get all kinds of medical benefits and non stop bugging pharmacies and other places.
  4. Mar 26, 2012
    Isn't it law for every male at the age of 18 to sign up for it? You're not signing up for it just for financial aid; They just happen to enforce it that way.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I don't think you'll avoid a draft if one is needed even if you didn't sign up.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dec 28, 2014
      Orange I agree fuck those welfare leeches.
      I have a hilarious ass video bout that :
      via https://youtu.be/ye-XEcD8gRo
    • Mar 26, 2012
      Yeh, I think women should have to sign up. Aren't women allowed in some combat positions now?
    • Dec 28, 2014
      yeah i am pretty sure they are like 100% equal now combat-wise
    • Mar 26, 2012
      I was looking up some stuff maybe a couple of weeks ago and saw that there was still "men only" stuff like tanks and stuff like that unless the website wasn't updated?
    • Jul 20, 2010
      It's not a full 100% yet. The Marines don't want it to happen for very good reasons, this is all just a political push. I'd be alright with women in combat roles but only if their fitness requirements are the exact same as men. If it's made easier like it already is in women's BT compared to men's in BT then you'll see a lot of issues come from it.

Edit: The Marines even did a combat study, they had one entire group made up of men and another group made up of men and women. The all Men group out preformed and had less "casualties" then the other group.

Here is a piece of the report, the entire report isn't out yet due to political reasons.

All-male squads demonstrated higher performance levels on 69% of tasks evaluated compared to gender-integrated teams and were found to be faster and more accurate with weapons.

The summary went on to say that all-male teams outperformed gender-integrated ones on “basic combat tasks of negotiating obstacles and evacuating casualties.” Furthermore, female Marines had higher injury rates compared to males performing the same tasks.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1