Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Server and Forum connection problems for europeans

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by retslag1, Dec 13, 2011

1. Feb 21, 2007
    According to stormblizzard, our European friends have been having connectivity issues on both forums and servers. Apparently this has been occuring since the "lag fix" was implemented. I do not know how long the forum problems has been occurring. He states that Luffarin and Nezumi both also has the same problem.
  2. Jun 10, 2011
    Don't know if this is relevant to the current/previous ZE lag problems, but it's relevant to lag overall so WUTEVZ!

Both Stormblizzard and I are connecting from the UK and are both experiencing huge lag spikes that freeze our screens for 3-5seconds. From when he says it on mic it sounds like we're getting them at the same time, though I cannot be certain of this. I only got about one a round on Voodoo and JP, but on Pred I got them almost constantly, making it impossible to play.

I did not have this problem last night on ZMP or ZM, and just played a few rounds on ZM again with no problems, so I can only assume it is ZE.

Whether it's UK only or not I do not know, but seems too strange to be a coincidence when we were the only ones getting them.

EDIT: Way to move my post!
  3. Apr 9, 2007
    Steam is down at the moment, how long since they noticed?
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    Well, I don't know if it could be related but steam is mostly down right now...
  5. Jun 10, 2011
    I just posted about this in the ZE lag thread (which has since been moved...). I personally have no problems on the forums, only ZE specifically and I only noticed it today (but then again I haven't been on ZE for a few days).
  6. Apr 9, 2007
    Try ZM. Forums are separate at the time of this writing. On a related note, can you connect to Mumble?

I've also moved your and Pacs posts (you posted after I moved them, which made me sad) here.
  7. Jun 10, 2011
    Did you read the post you moved? ;P

Mumble seems fine.
  8. Apr 9, 2007

9. Aug 18, 2006
    If people overseas having issues with the game servers AND website, there must be major overseas routing issues. Both servers are nowhere close to each other.
  10. Aug 5, 2010
    This sometimes happens to me to when im in Poland or any where else in Europe
  11. Jul 4, 2011
    I have no problem connecting to the servers or the website, will let you know if I do.