Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

server change up

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Viva La Border Patrol, Oct 11, 2008

1. Oct 22, 2007
    Ok everyone has been on the whole thing about wanting zombie mod to be more interesting and has issues with other things. So here is the idea that has already been put into effect on one server(that is no longer here) and the settings can be tweaked to even things out. Basically the idea runs along the lines of if you have a super fast zombie and around 2000 hp but has a super high knock back. Allowing this type class to be able to chase down humans quickly but hurts in getting them in other areas. On the other end of the scale you have a bigger zombie which would have a good size hit box with around 10,000 hp or so with hardl any knock back at all but super slow. This class would make it fair game for vents/tubes or any of the sort to be fair game because they wouldn't be shot out. In the middle you could have a standard speed/health zombie but allow him to maybe jump a little higher so it would make the game a bit tricky. The gaps in between the classes could be filled in by less speed or more with hp changes to suit what the player likes using. When this is all done you have a chance to open up alot more areas on a map along with people actually start to work together. Along with people working together it could help in people becoming friends in the server and keeping the server more packed cause they have more of a companionship in the server as well. Another thing is the fact that people hate auto snipes but with a big ass zombie that doesn't get blown away coming at you it adds alot of excitement to the game. Instead of going oh yea killed another one your like yea we took down that big bastard. Which would require team work instead of 50 people running to all sorts of spots by themselves. Lastly if you really think about it, anything that is fun usually has a challenege to it. If you can hold off the server in alot of spots on the map, things just get old and people just don't care and screw off because they know they can't get the humans or even have a chance. All these things could be tweaked to what the server needs and what the players want. Just have to listen to there imput and work to the best of what they are looking for. Besides it would make the server stand out alot more and i think it might actually put a new life into it. So put down your opinons on it, doubt people will wanna give it a try but doing something is better than sitting back and not trying anything at all wouldn't you say?
  2. May 24, 2008
    Viva has a good point, It would be way easier on admins and would have less players getting pissed at us for teleporting/freezing them.

As for the zombie classes, I'm for this idea.
    Having those kinds of zombies would be very interesting.
    Who wouldn't want to fight a horde of gigantic OMGWTF zombies with nearly no knockback?
    And the really fast and with very high knockback can get thrown into crowds of humans with a failnade here and there.
  3. Jan 7, 2008

sounds good. BRING BACK THE HELL KNIGHT!
  4. Sep 14, 2008
    All of the ideas sound great. In all honesty? I'm up for some changes. Zmod is getting so boring now. And I would like to see some new life brought back into this. So good Job Viva.
  5. Dec 30, 2006
    I like the idea but I am afraid of one thing and I already pointed this out. With a zombie that can just pretty much walk into any cade and come right in will ruin any idea of camping. There would be no point in camping you would just have to outrun or outhide the zombies. Outrunning wont work either so it would be more of a hiding game. Sorry i just have to mention the things that can go wrong. I guess we would have to try it before we know what the potential consequences would be.
  6. Mar 15, 2008
    Cading and Camping are 2 differnt things.
  7. Sep 7, 2008
    I would believe the game is fine the way and ought to be. But that is the problem with zombie mod over all.

I can recall the start of zombie mod, containing just bots as zombies and would never die. And then here we are today, where the games makeup has changed so greatly. Stating this, zombie mod is forever changing; it's in its blood.

I wish the zombies and humans would never get stuck, that’s a problem that needs solving. Whereas the classes are where they should be, you get one person alone and that big 10,000 hp zombie comes along. Even if you bury tons of bullets into its head, there will be little to no knock back. You have to give the lone players some hope in stopping any zombie. Or else they get upset and leave probably never returning to this server.

When choosing your zombie classes, try to take the points from both angles. See it as the zombie and as the human.

As for jumping zombies, sure why not, but consider some venue spots where humans can hide and making that spot not safe. This will take away people looking for a server just to shoot at stuff. If they can’t hide or get off the ground, what point is there to stay at this server.

As for the speed zombie, that is a good one. The idea of a super fast is one I will agree with. Plus, the idea of dropping the hp down to 2000 is great news for humans.

All in all, please at least keep the half zombie around. For me this class has been the most successful of any. I don’t even think twice about playing other classes. You just have to sneak, and you will rack up a ton of human kills.
  8. Oct 22, 2007
    Wouldn't you be able to fix some of that with the push/pull thing on the server? Some of the stuff you can shoot and it really just goes flying off. So if it where a bit heavier you could get it up and going. Also we have another server apparently that we can do the testing on to get the tweaks taken care of more than just throwing it on the server and hoping for the best.
  9. Apr 9, 2007
    We all saw how well this worked on the UC server, And you know first hand Viva...

That Rock Giant thing was over 10megs? Bzipped...

Edit: I just remember it taking myself and CK over 15minutes just to dl all the models... It would of taken longer if we didn't already have the base ZM mod installed.
  10. May 27, 2008
    Really great idea. We should host the models on an upload server if we do so, just so it wouldn't screw up other players download. We, before hand, would make an announcement telling players to go to the upload site, and download it from there, before playing in the server. Sound like a plan?
  11. May 31, 2008
    I think it would be interesting to try. If it isn't a good change then it can be changed back no harm done.
  12. May 27, 2008
    That's where a backup containing the server defaults would come in handy :wink:
  13. Jun 29, 2008
    I like the ideas, but wall o' text FTL! D:
  14. Oct 22, 2007
    Actually Kyle UC wouldn't be in the same boat due to a server starting and a server being around are two different things. If you already have the players it is alot easier to see how things go than building one up. Due to the server being around and once again as i said test the settings and all before it was all put out there to make sure everything worked out good. Don't have to have 10meg zombies, for the most part use the same ones just add different attributes to them but maybe add one more or something to where he is big for the big guy. If need be on it i dunno if it would be possible but have a cap on the larger ones and such so you wouldn't be over run or what ever. Point being is there is room for tweaks and with there being another serv up why not use this chance to figure out if this would be worth doing or not. But if people don't want to give it a shot that is fine as well. Know this might be a pain and a bit of work to get it up and all going and stuff. Also know it's easy to through the idea out there and everything even though i don't know how to set up all the settings on the server which would be the time consuming part.
  15. Sep 7, 2008
    You should be able juct to double click on the server to play, no extra downloads needed. If you want the skins, then download them on ones own freewill.

As for heavy objects, it can go both ways. Some other zombie servers have objects that weigh a ton all around. Like barrels and can be hardly moved like that of the fridge in PF. It isnt fair to the zombies, because once you put stuff in the way, its nearly impossible to get it out of there just by pushing or pulling. So, you dont really need any skill at making a cade, because chances are that the block you put up will be good enough at saving your life.

There are times when I see cades break down way too easily here on PF. I've noticed there is a shoving action here, which pretty much raped one of soda machines in one jump, slash and use key. I think the machines should have more weight, because come on, those damn things in real life are insainly heavy.

Either way, I see what this server has done, needing the skills and know how to live on if you're lucky enough not to spawn as one or with someone who does.

A good request, why not teleport spawning zombies? I hate knowing that a ton of people get into a place is like commiting infantacide, and that dumbass players never learn the chances of it happening increase with each head. The rule should be, is to teleport spawning zombies back to spawn when they turn, because it isnt fair to those innocent players. It would force people to go hunting for zombies, if the numbers dont increase. Which would leave wide open targets for the other patroling zombie(s).