Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Server lag

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by 911Trigger, Mar 24, 2012

1. Feb 9, 2012
    It has probably been brought up multiple times but on some maps, the lag is a huge issue (predator is a great example).

as @Kyle has mentioned before, that @Ray gave up some server speed for more stability. but after mentioning it, it seems the speed has been brought down even more than initially stated. I'm happy that the crashes are not occuring all the time anymore, but i believe/was wondering if it would probably be possible to increase the speed again without losing too much stability.

Also, I remembering our server not really having much of this issue at all and still maintaining some great stability.

If you would like, you may come visit the ZE server right now (as we are currently playing predator) and see the lag for yourself to see how greatly it impacts some gameplay.

Edit: i guess this is more of a map problem too, did not mean to state that it was only the server's fault.
  2. Aug 18, 2006
    Is the server lagging now more than say... A month ago? I haven't touched any server settings that would effect the performance or stability of the server.

As far as sacrificing stability for speed, this was the case with ZM, but not ZE (ZE is running multithreaded, the other servers are not). I would enable the multithread fix for ZM but the servers are fighting for resources as it is.

Predator has always been known to lag. I can't help that much.
  3. Feb 9, 2012
    yes, it has. it's lagging in places where we had not experienced lag like say...2 weeks ago.

And yes there are cases where the map would lag anyways but places like the spawn, the helicopter ending, the elevator lift (the second one) is now causing extreme lag.

On the other hand, there is almost no crashes occuring (although we had one earlier)
  4. Aug 18, 2006
    Figures... SourceDS is unpredictable. I'll have a quick look at it soon.
  5. Feb 9, 2012
    Thank you, please let me know how it turns out.
  6. Apr 9, 2007
    I asked @Brian @Haplo @Josh to disable threading due to crashing complaints on ZE. The server was up for two days, instead of crashing every 2h, but we're back to this.

Like I've said, it's up to them really. Everyone seems to whine regardless so I can't really make a decision. Could maybe disable spreading burn damage.
  7. Aug 18, 2006
    Strange... Was it actually the threading causing the crashing? It hasn't caused a problem in the past, unless other servers had threading enabled. :neutral:

And I'm not sure how to disable the napalm fire spread, otherwise it would already been done.
  8. Feb 9, 2012
    yeh im sorry for the complaint. but when you mentioned it, it was not as severe as it is now. it did not lag on spawn/lifts. but a few days later it started getting worse and worse so i feel like even more speed was dropped. when you mentioned it to me that one day, everything was great, the stability and the speed.
  9. Apr 9, 2007