Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Server Overhaul (Complete)

Discussion in News started by Kyle, Aug 1, 2012

1. Apr 9, 2007

ZE was ported over today. Post any outstanding issues you find/have with the servers.

Thanks to Luffaren, Ghost, Seeker, and Johnny (CyphX) for their input, along with Tony Montana after launch. (ZE)
    Thanks to Dillinger and Brian (ZM/P)

Thanks!
    • Like x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Wizard! x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
      Kyle, Aug 1, 2012 Last edited by Kyle, Aug 1, 2012
    • Oct 29, 2010
    • May 14, 2011
    • Nov 11, 2011
    • May 31, 2012
      On ZE map time (mp_timelimit) is now set to 25 minutes. Because of this (I believe) you can insta-rtv. Was it meant that way?
    • Apr 9, 2007
      What was the time limit prior to this? I've changed the start time to RTV to 10 minutes.
    • May 31, 2012
    • Jul 4, 2011
      Being able to RTV was 5 minutes into the map, the time limit was 30 minutes.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 31, 2012
        Oh, I've seen it three times now; it seems that nades get stuck on players so throwing them when there's a crowd will mean one poor guy will get blocked and zombified.
      • Apr 12, 2012
        Thx Kyle, seems like a pretty smooth transition. I like the extra 2 slots. Does it not kick non-donators if either the 61st or 62nd slot is open?

Minor issues:
        - there is no time limit enforced for the radio command "stick together team", meaning that a player can spam this every second.
        - donators (and maybe admins) appear to be running faster than non-donators. Even when both have pistol out, and neither are strafe running. The amount of increase in speed seems to be roughly the same as the difference between strafe running and not strafe running (like 5%).

edit:
        - also, nade knockback seems much, much higher than it was.. zombs now get thrown a little bit (like 5-10 feet).
      • Apr 9, 2007
        :shutmouth: fixed.
        This is how the classes are. I can remove the speed increase, but that's how they were defined in the original class file.
        Lowered even more!
      • Jul 4, 2011
        • Zombies respawns as humans when a nuke goes off and the round is over.
        • There used to be a plugin that disabled respawn with spawnkillers, not sure if it's on the server now.
        • The anti-radio spammer is acting wierd, you can sometimes spam them.
        Will post more as I come across them..

You really should remove all extra speed donators get, it's not only extremely unfair, it causes balancing issues.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        I think it was always this way. Just the respawn delay was high so it never happened. I can increase this, if that's what is wanted.
        It is.
        Yeah I missed sticktog. I lost the latest version of the Anti-Radio spam and looked at Exvel's command list instead of going into disassembly, I forgot he missed sticktog.

Done!
        Post Merged, Aug 1, 2012
        Done!
      • Jul 4, 2011
        Server just crashed on mass infection @ ze_nuke
      • Apr 9, 2007
        SM handle crash again................................... I'll do something horrible later tonight to help fix this.
      • Dec 19, 2008
        Kyle I appreciate all your hard work to keep the servers up to date and maintained.

Thank You.
      • May 25, 2012
        • Mother Zombie is the Witch from Donators. If this is intentional, NVGS is not given to starters.
        • Donator Half-Zombies feel abnormally faster than they used to be, Can this be checked again?
        • All weapon restrictions on certain maps (ze_FFVII_Mako_Reactor_v5_3, AWP's) are now allowed.
        • On ze_FFVII_Mako_Reactor_v5_3, Zombies feel a LOT closer at random times than they should be tagging people early, Double check?
        • Regarding humans or possibly donator skins.. Can running speed, movement, or other settings be checked too? Everyone runs the same speed but feels "sluggish" from the old changes > new changes. I'm pretty sure I'm wrong though but just feels... Different.
        Syoudous, Aug 1, 2012 Last edited by Syoudous, Aug 1, 2012
      • Jul 4, 2011
        • All zombies seem to be a lot faster than they used to, if I remember right they all used to have a speed of 260 while the fast zombie was 270.
        • AWPs need to be restricted on Mako Reactor (griefing tool, they have always been restricted).
        • Server seems to be running really slow for some reason, as if playing with a lower host_timescale.
        • Some rounds start with me being unable to but any grenades due to limit.
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Zombie knockback is much, much higher than I remember =|
      • Feb 11, 2012
        once i get back on and if i come across anything i will let ya know