Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Server Overhaul (Complete)

Discussion in News started by Kyle, Aug 1, 2012

1. Jun 4, 2006
    Does this have anything to do with the recent changes to ZE (what this thread is about) or has !ztele been disabled for humans prior to this? If the latter, you should probably open a new thread for separate discussion to keep this one from getting cluttered with unrelated posts. If this was just changed within the past day or two it might have been attributed to the changes, in which case ignore me.
  2. May 25, 2012
    This was recently changed, Many regulars to the server use the command as a way to get around people trolling others or if they get stuck. We have no '!zstuck' command, So '!ztele' comes into play.

You may read the starting bit here, Where it was suggested to be disabled.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jul 1, 2010
      This was discussed by the Staff and was disabled due to it being abused by humans to get behind zombies to delay.
    • May 14, 2011
      @retslag1 said he wouldn't upload any more maps with <50 spawns. I was sure it was working but rets said otherwise.
    • Apr 12, 2012
      There is a pick up limit of 3 for grenades.. can we get this removed (or changed to 99)?
    • May 14, 2011
      Its there for a reason, kyle implemented it during the initial testing.
    • Apr 12, 2012
      What reason? To not be able to pick up more than 3 nades a round? This hurts exorath's nade spawner, and the mako suicide-for-better-traincar technique.
    • Sep 18, 2011
      on ZMP it would be great if "recently played" maps dropped down back to 6. Its currently at 12, Thanks!
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Always been this way.
      ........... Can you link the resource to where it was initially enabled?
    • May 14, 2011
      Second time MG crashed today; not the maps fault.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      If you were in the PlagueFest Steam Group you'd know that I made an announcement.
    • May 14, 2011
    • Feb 21, 2007
      it wasnt working. Remember the map we were testing? above 42 players, and people were getting "All Teams Full" message. This was confirmed by myself and other admins.
    • Apr 12, 2012
      It has? Maybe we're talking about 2 different things. For example, since March, in mako when you suicide to switch train cars during the 30 second spawn, you could do it 8 or 10 times, pick up a nade every time you spawned (from other people suiciding and leaving nades behind), and still buy one the last time you spawned, if you hadn't already picked one up. This now only lets you do it 3 times. Something is definitely different.
    • May 14, 2011
      Post Merged, Aug 3, 2012
      I never got the message but maybe that was just me. I kept switching over teams to check
    • Mar 20, 2012

U only are allowed to pick up 3 nades but u could buy with auto - zmarket as many first nades u wanted before the zombie spawned....
      U suggested that its unlimited and we had never unlimited possibility to pick up nades... and we dont really want that i think?

But i didnt play mako today but could be still the case that u couldnt buy with zmarket nades before zombie spawned(like 1 day ago) if you respawned many times...

So we need the possibility to buy unlimited nades before zombie spawn and limited to 3 pick up nades...
    • May 25, 2012
      The '!ztele' command? ...No, I cannot. The last time it was disabled that I can find was at the very least, July 17, 2011. However, I did a little digging. I'll try my best to link to something viable...

There have been arguments over whether or not to have it enabled as far as I can find. It has been disabled and re-enabled multiple times but when and for what reason has never been posted on the forums. You had a mind-set (dated post) though for the '!ztele' command and not having '!zstuck', Which was probably why it has been enabled from time to time. There once was a rule for '!ztele' abuse would be a bannable offense for ZM. You could allow admins to re-enforce that into ZE.

The only arguments for '!ztele' that I can find are related to ZM, Not ZE. Which I know isn't much as it's a completely different game mode. ZE is team based and can include trolling of others easily. Link [1], [2], and [3].

This whole post might be worthless. But really though, It's easy to get trolled by other players and it isn't fun to die in-game just because you couldn't get a second chance over a map glitch / player abuse.
      Syoudous, Aug 3, 2012 Last edited by Syoudous, Aug 3, 2012
    • Jul 4, 2011
      As a level 3 admin I no longer have access to the slay command on ZE. Intended?
    • Jul 14, 2010
      There used to be a plugin on minigames that stopped players that joined, and rejoined from spawning. Now players can jump off smee tower with a shotgun, kill someone and reconnect to respawn. This used to not be possible.
    • Jul 4, 2011
      Compared to other ZE servers, things such as normal walking, jumping etc still seems to be slower than normal. The zombies also seem to be faster than they were before, we were playing Mako Reactor and they got to the final room just as the humans did using the alternate vent route (this shouldn't be possible).
      • Agree Agree x 1